Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Want a Bullpup?

12K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  ShortBus 
#1 ·
I am finishing a prototype of a bullpup for an older Tippmann A5. I have used it a few times and had great responses at my local field, and have been toying with the idea of selling them. At this point I have been working on a bullpup for a number of years on and off. The latest one is based off of a FAMAS design, though it isn't perfect, it works very well. It fits the receiver of the A5 into the rear stock and a 14" barrel fits even with the shroud, while I usually run an 18" barrel for most games. I use an offset stove pipe for the hopper, and it stays out of the way, and mostly out of sight. I don't use sights or rails when playing, it has a very intuitive feel in games, so I don't find the sights to be necessary. The grip is a standard HE E-grip, and while the internals have been upgraded, it will accept any original A5 (though I have not tried the 2011 newer model). The stock A5 requires the same mods to the body as it would with the B5 bullpup, but uses the HE E-grip style sear and solenoid so the issue with the pin-pinch are eliminated. I have pics and can shoot some video if someone asks. I'm just trying to see how much attention it gets, to determine if there is still a market for one. Send me a message if you'd like to know more.
After doing this bullpup, I am certain I can fit most if not all internals in most bullpups, and if this one sells, I will expand the model lineups to include more internal options, and more external bullpup model options. Let me know what you Paintballers think.

See less See more
#3 ·
I can almost guarantee you the regular posters on here will pass on it, but you'll have better luck if you have a completely finished tested product with more professional advertising. There is definitely some market for it, as there is for anything that looks cool.

#4 ·
Hey, I know it's not a speedball setup, so if you're not interested that's fine. As for a woodsball and scenario player like myself, it has a lot of advantages to what I've used and seen on the field.
As for the professional marketing, maybe down the line, but for now I am simply seeing what kind of interest there is for something like this these days. It is fully functional, just lacking a few cosmetic refinements. It has been tested, and I have been using it all summer whenever I've played. I'm curious who the people are who will want one of these, so if you don't, no worries, I know this thread is not for everyone on here. I would however like to hear some feedback from those who are interested, thanks.

#12 ·
Hey, I know it's not a speedball setup, so if you're not interested that's fine. As for a woodsball and scenario player like myself, it has a lot of advantages to what I've used and seen on the field.
First off, I think it's cool that you are trying to make your own design. I like the idea of taking something and trying to make it better, although this time I don't think that this is necessarily the case. Otherwise, best of luck on getting your product out there! Keep in mind that paintball is not as big as it once was, and with the dwindling economy, it's not really going to be picking up any time soon...

I know the bolt on mods look cool, but are impractical. What are the advantages that you have noticed on the field to someone else that isn't using a rental marker? I can tell you from first hand experience that having a, "Tactical" looking marker has absolutely 0 effect in paintball. You might want to change your marketing strategy to reflect that.

#8 ·
I, too, am primarily a woodsballer. My local scenario games are great! I am also not into milsim in the least. the last thing I want is a boring, cheaply mass-produced, poor-performing blowback semi with junk bolted on it and a remote line impairing my movement and ability to offhand shoot. Not that I'm all about the modern e-stuff, either - I prefer to own/shoot markers that are interesting, soulful, historically relevant and fun.

Should come as no surprise that my favorite shooters are wheelguns and 1911s...

#9 ·
If the marker looks anything like huckduck's pic than it's pretty cool. That being said I would never even consider buying a Mil-Sim marker. Internally any Tippmann or BT is an overpriced piece of junk and what makes them look cool just makes them heavier and a big pain to shoot. If you want an avid Mil-Simmer's opinion though, I'd ask Max what he thinks, he'd probably really love it.

#14 ·
If you want an avid Mil-Simmer's opinion though, I'd ask Max what he thinks, he'd probably really love it.
You asked for it.

I really don't care much about bullpup at all. It supposely helps to have a more compact feel and maneuverability in a real gun, but for paintball I just don't know how it would be or affect the feeling, but I really don't care much, even less if it's just another 98/A5 clone (Or in this case, literaly a heavily modded A5) I'll say ask in MilSim Empire • Portal maybe they'll be interested. The forum there is being dead for a while though, and they seem to completeley hate hoppers and LOVE mags, despite the fact of how the marker works internaly.

#19 ·
I've got a A-5 with a B-5 kit. I used an F2000 while transporting oil rig equipment in Iraq for a private company. That gun saved my life and I've been in love with the bullpup design ever since. the B-5 is probably the best bullpup kit on the market now I do admit an invert mini (or anything else in the same price range) kills the b-5 and if i was more than a rec player id sport a speedball gun. If you want to do the milsim thing this is probably the most useful milsim mods. The bullpup design is great for a sidearm replacement I was able to fire the F2000 from the safety of the armored door like a handgun with a stock I wouldn't be able to do that as easy with an m16. Of course paint balls don't go thru doors and I never find myself driving on a paintball field. Mine is great at starting conversations, and makes for a better experience. The weight doesn't bother me but I'm a backpacker and that's the one comments I get a lot is that its very heavy for such a small package.

Again if your looking for the "best" whatever the only thing the B-5 is best at is as a bullpup mod. And that's just because its the only one.

#20 ·
I've got a A-5 with a B-5 kit. I used an F2000 while transporting oil rig equipment in Iraq for a private company. That gun saved my life and I've been in love with the bullpup design ever since. the B-5 is probably the best bullpup kit on the market now I do admit an invert mini (or anything else in the same price range) kills the b-5 and if i was more than a rec player id sport a speedball gun. If you want to do the milsim thing this is probably the most useful milsim mods. The bullpup design is great for a sidearm replacement I was able to fire the F2000 from the safety of the armored door like a handgun with a stock I wouldn't be able to do that as easy with an m16. Of course paint balls don't go thru doors and I never find myself driving on a paintball field. Mine is great at starting conversations, and makes for a better experience. The weight doesn't bother me but I'm a backpacker and that's the one comments I get a lot is that its very heavy for such a small package.

Again if your looking for the "best" whatever the only thing the B-5 is best at is as a bullpup mod. And that's just because its the only one.

#25 · (Edited)
There were 15 bullpup kits made roughly (or so the story goes lol) They weren't really sold. Apparently Wayne Dollack has the remaining stock somewhere in a box, he went looking for it, some of his staff went looking for it, but nothing has surfaced yet...still waiting to hear back. As for the Bling Version was done by Earon I believe, Bacci has an original one. I want one badly lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.