Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Removing Spyder TL-R Bolt?

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  jtmlb3k 
#1 ·
Hey All,

New to the forum and to paintball. Just picked up a Spyder TL-R from a yard sale a few weeks ago and am trying to clean it all up before a game this weekend. I'm having some trouble, though: I can't seem to get the bolt out of the body. I pulled the pin, removed the cocker pin thing, but am not sure what to do next. The bolt slides out maybe an inch out of the back of the marker, but that's it. Is there another step?

I searched online for help with this, but the forums that addressed it were either expired or linked to dead pages.

Any help would be awesome. The gun didn't come with a manual and I really want to play with it this weekend.

Thanks!

#4 ·
I once had my bolt expand inside my marker which made it very difficult to remove. It wasn't the stock bolt, I believe it was delrin but I could be mistaken (does delrin expand?). What it is made of could affect how it behaves inside the marker and since you got it at a yard sale it may not be the stock bolt. Just a thought.

#11 ·
I got it! The problem was absurd. It took me disassembling everything else to finally figure out what could be wrong. Apparently there was a flake of metal hanging in the body near where the gun cocks (like on the edge of that seam where the cocking pin slides), so I sanded it down and the bolt finally slid out. It was also pink from a break. I'll try to play with it tomorrow and then replace the body afterwards if everything else works fine.

It only cost me $50 with a halo hopper, mask, tank, and three barrels (one of which was a front for a freak kit), so it's not a huge loss if I have to fix it up a bit.

Mystery solved, though. Thanks for the help, everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.