Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Miller, I understand...

1K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  martix_agent 
G
#1 ·
Alrighty..soo...

This weekend, I went to my local field to shoot up the kiddies while playing some Recreational Airball...

As a matter of personal opinion..and I suppose fact..as we can publicly grade paint types...

My field started with DXS Silver...
then moved to Rec Sport for the airballers.
From there GI 2 star (rocks)
Then switched paint vendors to Valken
Soo..Redemption Pro was the standard field paint...still not bad.
Graffiti was the indoor paint.
And most recently? Echo...

That...will forever be a bad word in my book. Echo. The crap is double shelled, inconsistent as balls...shoots like rocks, doesn't break when you wish it would..breaks when you wish it wouldn't.. Overall bad news.

I had just replaced the solenoid gasket on my Reflex Rail and was excited to get that thing back on the field. Shiny ...clean..well lubed...

So - we break the Echo out into pods and kinda marry it up with the remaining case of Graffiti we had from prior weeks. I go to paint-bore match...and my .684 is slipping the Echo like a hotdog down a hallway. The next smallest size I have is .682... which was a bit better, but nothing to write home about. I wanted smaller, but sadly...didn't bring it.

First series of games, I carry 7 pods out, I throw 3-4 of the Graffiti in the first game...shooting ropes, no stops, no chokes.
Second game I'm dropping a lane at PSP ramp off break, and my gun jams. Red flashy. I get to my bunker, tuck in, turn eyes off, and start shooting again. Right as the ramp starts again...trigger pulls do nothing.

I call myself out, walk to the deadbox, pull out my tool, rip the bolt out the back of the marker to check the tip o-ring. Its there. Barrel off and check the eye pipe. No issues.

Sooo.. I get pissed, curse my gun out, take it to the locker and pull out my ETEK. Old and reliable. Same barrel. Same tank. Same Rotor. I chrono, no issues. Go back out on the field. Game 1, no issues. Game 2...and I'm getting breaks in my stream. Weird. Call myself out again, run into the deadbox.. rip my rotor apart, crank up the tension.

Next game... same issues. Then flashy red. I shake the gun, then hear my Rotor whurrrr. It only does that when its empty..which means something was stopping it from free-spinning.

Damn paint is jamming the Rotor....

Miller, it was wrong of me to doubt you about paint being too small for a Rotor.
I'm sorry
and... I'll be looking at other local fields. If I can't find better paint...I may have to get a Spire/Prophecy. :(

See less See more
G
#3 · (Edited)
The tension thing was backed out to the point that fresh and mostly dead batteries made no noise difference. Up was the only way to go.

The paint is just too F-N small, inconsistent, etc.

Finished reading over your post -

I wasn't playing outdoors. Most of the time I wouldn't have issue doing that, but I've been gravitating towards airball as of late. My (soon to be abandoned for various reasons) "home field" bought out an indoor hockey rink, threw down astroturf, and brought in water weighted bunkers. Instant climate controlled speedball field.

#11 ·
huh thats strange when i went out 2 weekends ago with huck we were shooting some of the smallest paint i have ever come across, wanted a 1 or even 2 step smaller bore than the freak kit had(yes i have a full freak kit), while using the cocker i had a few rollouts every once in a while so that tells you how small this paint was

rotor didnt have an issue with it all day

#17 ·
I heard a lot about this girl on the internet and other that she was in the olimpics I know nothing about, seems to be popular in the USA. The only olympic athlete girl that I've know has been popular in Mexico is a Tai Kwon Do athlete, and not because she was hot but because she kicked ass.

#20 · (Edited)
i think she's 19, which puts her too young for me. I can still be happy about her though, right?
hey speaking of girls who are too young for me, here's the nppl chicago bikini contest. I feel dirty watching this... Apparently they all work for CPX or are local volunteers (actually the girl who won doesn't look excessively young. perhaps the crowd had good taste after all)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.