Help me Paintball Kanobi.... You my only hope - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums
Reply

Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Help me Paintball Kanobi.... You my only hope

I'm really excited to get back into paintball. So much has changed and I REALLY need some help on choosing the best marker. Last time i played competitively was way back in 1999. (Dang Im old) So here’s my dilemma. If you could please post your comments on WHY you have that opinion it would be greatly appreciated. Most the post i read just say i like this over that but never explain why.

Budget (marker only):$450-$550
I have been looking at the following markers. If I havent included one you would suggest please let me know your thoughts. I honestly have read a ton and cant figure out which to choose.

• 2012 Proto Reflex Rail OR 2013 (BTW whats the difference between these 2? If I go with 2012 am I missing anything new?)

• Planet Ecliplse Etek 3 AM or 4AM (Don’t know what the difference is between these 2 years either)

• MacDev Drone DX (Havent heard much on these but a friend suggested)

Thank you all so much for the feedback. Greatly appreciated!
DeZmo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
tlmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeZmo View Post
I'm really excited to get back into paintball. So much has changed and I REALLY need some help on choosing the best marker. Last time i played competitively was way back in 1999. (Dang Im old) So here’s my dilemma. If you could please post your comments on WHY you have that opinion it would be greatly appreciated. Most the post i read just say i like this over that but never explain why.

Budget (marker only):$450-$550
I have been looking at the following markers. If I havent included one you would suggest please let me know your thoughts. I honestly have read a ton and cant figure out which to choose.

• 2012 Proto Reflex Rail OR 2013 (BTW whats the difference between these 2? If I go with 2012 am I missing anything new?)
Milling is the only difference.

Quote:
• Planet Ecliplse Etek 3 AM or 4AM (Don’t know what the difference is between these 2 years either)
4's got slightly better stock internals and is a wee bit lighter. It's worth it if you can find one not that much more expensive than the 3, but the 3 can take all the upgrades the 4 has.

Quote:
• MacDev Drone DX (Havent heard much on these but a friend suggested)

Thank you all so much for the feedback. Greatly appreciated!
IMO, this is the hands down winner. Also look into a Valken Proton. $250 cheaper than the Drone DX, internally PLUMBED (just for Trbo), lighter, and shoots just as well while being slightly simpler. It does sacrifice some efficiency for that, but unless you're playing outlaw ball regularly, it's still effecient enough for most anything but major scenarios.
__________________
Yes, I have long since accepted that I have issues, with that said, here's:
Pics of my current markers.

Pics of my current barrels.

Pics of my loaders.
tlmiller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
I'm out of creativity.
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lafayette/Kokomo Indiana
Posts: 23,836
the drone is the clear winner of those choices.

you can also find the bob long marq, and vice in that range and they're very solid as well.
__________________

Feedback
.
Did it work before?
You screwed with it, didn't you?
Got what you deserve.
martix_agent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2