They Are Called Markers/Safety - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums
Reply

Old March 1st, 2009, 01:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 250
They Are Called Markers/Safety

I was wondering if everyone could say a paintball marker instead of a gun. Reason why is that it promotes a better view to the public. I am trying to start a club at my school and they think that since it has the word gun its dangerous. So please can we call them markers? Promotes Safety and what it really is, Thanks.
Again lets promote safety to the public. (barrel plugs, masks on when out of safety zone)
Dont let other people abuse paintball(shooting up houses etc..STOP IT!)
__________________
http://www.paintballforum.com/wtb-th...ml#post2115488
CHECK OUT MY MARKET!
Woodsballa A-5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old March 1st, 2009, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pump is Better
 
the_real_kaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,723
They are called both. The problem with calling them markers is that people outside the paintball world will not care. They will still thing of them as "guns". This is because people see a barrel, a trigger, and hand grip and so on and say its a gun.
__________________
-Kaz-
Rate My Phantom!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Kaz knew what I was talking about. Quest owners just know.
the_real_kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Its never lupus
 
sNoW PIrAnHa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Five One Oh
Posts: 9,446
The problem lies more with the fear of guns than anything else. Marker would make the appeal better but do we really want to appeal to those kinds of people?
__________________
"I have no mercy or compassion in me for a society that will crush people, and then penalize them for not being able to stand up to the weight"- Malcom X
sNoW PIrAnHa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 14,557
i 100% agree with calling them markers, guns are meant to hurt people, the equipment we carry out onto the field is meant to mark someone with paint, not hurt them. calling them markers helps make this difference. and no, not everyone out there will call them markers but that does not mean we should stop trying to help it along, for everyone who believes its a worthless cause: grow some balls and stand up for the sport you love
__________________
The ultimate new player guide!

^^^If you are new, click here^^^

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, that makes a firearm better makes a paintball marker worse. They are 2 very different worlds with nothing except a trigger in common


Trbo323 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
i 100% agree with calling them markers, guns are meant to hurt people, the equipment we carry out onto the field is meant to mark someone with paint, not hurt them. calling them markers helps make this difference. and no, not everyone out there will call them markers but that does not mean we should stop trying to help it along, for everyone who believes its a worthless cause: grow some balls and stand up for the sport you love
well said, should we make a signature?
__________________
http://www.paintballforum.com/wtb-th...ml#post2115488
CHECK OUT MY MARKET!
Woodsballa A-5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pump is Better
 
the_real_kaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,723
What?
__________________
-Kaz-
Rate My Phantom!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Kaz knew what I was talking about. Quest owners just know.
the_real_kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Naval Airsmith
 
Mortisdeum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,773
A sig.

"If you think its a Marker not a Gun then put this in your sig."
__________________
Old Projects and mods.
Tippmann Mods:
Spring Loaded RT, Mirror Polished Internals , High Flow Valve, Full auto Mod
[center]

“He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster.”
— Friedrich Nietzsche
Mortisdeum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Established Member
 
dracothedragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 365
come on guys give me a break. A paintball "gun/marker" is going to be called a gun, referred too as a gun, and seen as a gun for all time...and the reason for this is BECAUSE IT IS A GUN. Who ever was the first one to think up the term "marker" just had some wishful thinking. It kind of reminds me of the saying "you can polish sh!t, but its still sh!t". you can call a paintball gun what ever you want, its still a "gun". Now this "gun" may not be firing metal with the intention to harm or kill something, but that is not the definition of a gun, and a paintball gun is still in fact a gun. If you need the dictionary definition of what a gun is, here it is

gun - (noun) 1. A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory.

and if you havnt noticed, it describes exactly what a paintball gun is. the term "gun" does not indicate what it is firing, or what the intentions of a "gun" is. A gun is simply something, usually made of metal, with the intention of propelling something out one end of it at a high velocity. just like there are nail guns, they shoot nails, they are not made to harm people, in fact they are made to help us by building structures for us faster. the word "gun" is not an inherently bad word, it just has a bad stigma because of the weaponry guns in which are used to harm people.

now with the definition and expiation of what "guns" are, lets move onto the point that people who are not in paintball, will be calling paintball guns, guns no matter what you call them. and all i need are 3 simple pictures to prove my point.

here is a paintball gun...


and here is a set of markers...


and here is a weaponry gun...


now if you were just some "average joe" which one of those would you say closely resembles one another, and which one would you say is ridiculous to put them in the same word group. And thats without even posting some of the new EXTREAMLY DETAILED and closely matching paintball guns which resemble real guns that a lot of woodsball and scenario players like to use now...and those type of paintball guns seem to be catching on more and more, with more and more people wanting and getting some.

I mean come on now, we can start calling paintball guns, paintball roses, or paintball flowers, or maybe paintball bunnies to try to make them sound better, call them what ever you want, but like i had said previously, by dictionary definition, a paintball gun is clearly a GUN. and trying to call it anything else you are just fooling your selfs. People are not stupid, and calling it a "marker" is not going to make it sound better or look better in an average joes eyes. trust me i have had that conversation with many "average joes" and they see right through the "marker" word.

If you really want to help the sport in the long run, try making the sport safer, being responsible, and making sure to teach any new comers to be safe and responsible as the best way to help accomplish that. One bad accident or irresponsible person can cause a lot of damage to the sport of paintball, but trying to "re-name" things about the sport and game do very little in the overall grand scheme of things.
dracothedragon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
I'm out of creativity.
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lafayette/Kokomo Indiana
Posts: 24,069
I understand and agree with what your'e saying but here is the issue theyr'e addressing.



At first glance, or from a distance, which is real and which is the paintball gun?
__________________
martix_agent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Established Member
 
dracothedragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
I understand and agree with what your'e saying but here is the issue theyr'e addressing.



At first glance, or from a distance, which is real and which is the paintball gun?
thats what i was saying too in my previous post...with all these new realistic paintball guns coming out, its getter even harder to attempt to call them markers lol. people need to get past the fact that they are in fact guns, and move on to something they might be able to do to better the sport as a whole...instead of trying to call different items different things, educate people about the sport. it will go a hell of a lot farther in helping patinball than calling guns markers...
dracothedragon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 14,557
we have been over this before, what it boils down to is not what a dictionary says but a public view of our sport, the word gun has a stigma of danger attached to it, so when little jimmy askes his mom to buy him a paintball gun she and her soccer-mom-minivan-driving-safety-councious self is going to say no automatically because it is too "dangerous" for her little jimmy, but instead if he calles it a marker she must stop and think for a bit, granted that is not an automatic yes but it removes the negitive stigma from the situation.

btw that definition you have there doesnt even work, paintball markers are not weapons, nobody ever went to war with them, nobody ever resolved a hostige situation with one

if you cant see what the public image can do to hurt our sport then please leave the sport, if you were alive for it, back in the 90s when mortal combat games were all the rage, any 12 year old could go down to the store and buy one then spend hours watching blood squirt out of corpses, but then people began to think there was a connection between that and kids with a lot of anger(personally i dont think there is enoufgh of one to warrent age restrictions for violence in games, i think bad parrenting has MUCH more of an effect but thats another discusion), and now you cant buy a game with blood unless you are over 18. now stop and think for just a second what if someone made this same connection with paintball? there are already people out there who think paintball is just a bunch of teens who are angry and so they are now running around shooting eachother, the next step by the CPSC would be to put an age restriction on who gets to play, and do you have any idea what would happen to paintball if nobody under 18 could play? it would cripple the industry thats what. tippmann and maybe spyder would go out of buisness and paint would go back to $100 a case.

if you dont want to help the sport thats fine, but dont hurt it just because you dont see how the public reacts when it finds something dangerous, the US is so safety concious its sick, you cant have loose speakers in your car anymore because they are dangerous, an indoor waterpark must have a sprinkler system at the rood because something "might" catch fire, and my favorite has to be that a 15 yr old can not buy a ATV that can do 40mph because it is "dangerous" but he can buy a snomobile that can do 100+, all of these are results of the public image of something being "dangerous"
__________________
The ultimate new player guide!

^^^If you are new, click here^^^

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, that makes a firearm better makes a paintball marker worse. They are 2 very different worlds with nothing except a trigger in common


Trbo323 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Established Member
 
dracothedragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
we have been over this before, what it boils down to is not what a dictionary says but a public view of our sport, the word gun has a stigma of danger attached to it, so when little jimmy askes his mom to buy him a paintball gun she and her soccer-mom-minivan-driving-safety-councious self is going to say no automatically because it is too "dangerous" for her little jimmy, but instead if he calles it a marker she must stop and think for a bit, granted that is not an automatic yes but it removes the negitive stigma from the situation.
first of all this doesn't work, years and years back when my younger brother wanted to buy a paintball gun, he used the good old "marker trick" when he went to go talk to my father about it. He asked him if he could get a paintball marker, and guess what my old man said...he said "you mean a paintball gun?" Like I had said in my previous post, people are not stupid, you can call it what ever the hell you want to call it, its still a gun and people still see it as a gun. It has little to no effect changing its name, but if "little jimmy" were to educate his mother about the sport of paintball, show her how safe it can be when done responsibly, he will get much much further with possibly getting one than just doing a switcharoo with the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
btw that definition you have there doesnt even work, paintball markers are not weapons, nobody ever went to war with them, nobody ever resolved a hostige situation with one
actually it is because a "weapon" is nothing more than an instrument used in attack or defense in combat, and of course now i know your going to pick apart "combat" so ill also post that, that combat is nothing more than a battle or a vigorous struggle against one another....which again is paintball. no where in there does it mention death, war, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
if you cant see what the public image can do to hurt our sport then please leave the sport
boy thats constructive...how bout you leave the sport! or how bout we all just leave the sport! please refrain from any childish statements such as this if you wish to post again...or you probably wont be taken very seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
If you were alive for it, back in the 90s when mortal combat games were all the rage, any 12 year old could go down to the store and buy one then spend hours watching blood squirt out of corpses, but then people began to think there was a connection between that and kids with a lot of anger(personally i dont think there is enoufgh of one to warrent age restrictions for violence in games, i think bad parrenting has MUCH more of an effect but thats another discusion), and now you cant buy a game with blood unless you are over 18. now stop and think for just a second what if someone made this same connection with paintball? there are already people out there who think paintball is just a bunch of teens who are angry and so they are now running around shooting eachother, the next step by the CPSC would be to put an age restriction on who gets to play, and do you have any idea what would happen to paintball if nobody under 18 could play? it would cripple the industry thats what. tippmann and maybe spyder would go out of buisness and paint would go back to $100 a case.
yes I am old enough lol, I am old enough to have owned or played every gaming system since atari was released back in the 80's lol so if your trying to infer that i am some teen badgering you then your mistaken. but back to your original point, what you describe has already happened...at least where I live it has. I live in New Jersey, and any major sporting good stores such as Dicks, Models, Sports Authority, and even walmart all require you to present ID, at the time of purchase and you must be 18 to buy ANYTHING relating to paintball...even if you wanted to buy something as insignificant as a barrel plug, you have to show ID. Same thing goes for the local paintball fields, No one under 18 can play unless they have expressed written and signed forums from there parent stating that they can play. So no one under the age of 18 can play paintball in NJ without there parent either buying all the equipment they ever need for them from the store, or the parent signing away protective forms for him or her at a paintball field or facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
if you dont want to help the sport thats fine, but dont hurt it just because you dont see how the public reacts when it finds something dangerous.
I am not trying to hurt anything, i am simply calling a paintball gun what it is, its a gun. If you dont like the word gun, then that fine, what ever. but the paintball gun is a gun whether you want to call it that or not. A paintball gun is essentially an air gun, but instead of firing bullets or shotgun shot or bb's it fires paintballs. but the basic priciples that compressed air forces what ever is in the barrel at the time out at a high velocity are the same. Just as if you were to replace the paintball with a hard metal object or bullet, so long as that metal object was the correct size, it would come out of that barrel of the paintball gun at an extrealy high velocity, and do some serious damage, including the possibly of death if it was shot at some one. This is not me "hating" on paintball, or trying to hurt the sport in anyway. Its called being realistic and calling something what it really is, instead of making up new names for it to try to sugar coat it and make it sound better.

and paintball is not dangerous as long as it is played responsibly and give the respect it deserves. So it brings me back to my original point that education will go a hell of a lot farther in helping paintball as a whole than trying to rename items that you use in paintball. And the only way paintball will be heavily stigmatized as "dangerous" is if there is poor education and an increase in accidents because of the bad overall education.
dracothedragon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,356
The gun/marker terminology goes back to the beginning of the game when the guns used were actually tree marking devices and since all markers/guns made after are used for the same purpose they are also markers.
Crawdaddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Its never lupus
 
sNoW PIrAnHa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Five One Oh
Posts: 9,446
They're both, arguing is pointless. We call super soakers and the like water guns, we call rubber band launchers rubber band guns, etc.

These days gun means something with a trigger or similar device that launches a projectile. You're not afraid to ask your mom for a squirt gun why should it be any different with a paintball gun?

Its stupid to let the word "gun" be a scary taboo word. Conforming to that is the wrong thing to do.

Public perception needs to change, not paintball.
__________________
"I have no mercy or compassion in me for a society that will crush people, and then penalize them for not being able to stand up to the weight"- Malcom X
sNoW PIrAnHa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 14,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothedragon View Post
first of all this doesn't work, years and years back when my younger brother wanted to buy a paintball gun, he used the good old "marker trick" when he went to go talk to my father about it. He asked him if he could get a paintball marker, and guess what my old man said...he said "you mean a paintball gun?" Like I had said in my previous post, people are not stupid, you can call it what ever the hell you want to call it, its still a gun and people still see it as a gun. It has little to no effect changing its name, but if "little jimmy" were to educate his mother about the sport of paintball, show her how safe it can be when done responsibly, he will get much much further with possibly getting one than just doing a switcharoo with the name.
this is the exact reason i said "its not an automatic yes" and what are the chances that jimmy knows the safety record of paintball? slim to none, so if all he has is the chance to ask his mom to buy him a "gun" that has a negative stigma, or a "marker" that doesn’t, well i dont think you need to be a rocket scientist to see which is better. and yes i know its wrong that the public has a negative image of guns but the sooner you accept that and work with it the easier it will be to show people paintball is safe, arguing that the word "gun" should not have a negative image does nothing for the sport


Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothedragon View Post
actually it is because a "weapon" is nothing more than an instrument used in attack or defense in combat, and of course now i know your going to pick apart "combat" so ill also post that, that combat is nothing more than a battle or a vigorous struggle against one another....which again is paintball. no where in there does it mention death, war, etc.
if thats your definition of combat than a game of chess in the park should also fall under it, but iv never heard a conversation go "hey i played a combat game today" "o you played chess?" i know we are not going to agree on this but at least to me and a lot of others out there at the end of a combat you can not congratulate your opponent on a nice shot, rather you go to the hospital. and to me thats what puts chess and paintball in the game category instead of the combat category, combat is seen as victory through force, game is victory through strategy




Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothedragon View Post
but back to your original point, what you describe has already happened...at least where I live it has. I live in New Jersey, and any major sporting good stores such as Dicks, Models, Sports Authority, and even walmart all require you to present ID, at the time of purchase and you must be 18 to buy ANYTHING relating to paintball...even if you wanted to buy something as insignificant as a barrel plug, you have to show ID. Same thing goes for the local paintball fields, No one under 18 can play unless they have expressed written and signed forums from there parent stating that they can play. So no one under the age of 18 can play paintball in NJ without there parent either buying all the equipment they ever need for them from the store, or the parent signing away protective forms for him or her at a paintball field or facility.
you read my post wrong, i said could not play, not could not play without parental permission, could not play period. lets jump over to the ATV industry and back in the 90s for a second. the CPSC banned the use of all atvs with an engine size over 90cc to anyone under the age of 16 (if you want to argue that granted ill give you that they are not enforced with an iron fist as far as riding goes, but if a dealer knows the parent is trying to buy an atv with an engine over 90cc for someone under 16, by law they can not sell it to them, if someone under 16 is caught riding on public land with one the parent gets fined) why you ask? because they were seen as "dangerous" the atv industry had what the paintball industry now has, which is parental control. The parents are supposed to be responsible for their child’s safety. But that wasn’t enough for the atv industry, and it didn’t matter that the people being injured were not following safety rules (ie wear a helmet, don’t carry passengers, don’t ride on paved roads etc.) all the CPSC saw was an ATV and a child being hurt not the neglect that allowed it to happen. And if paintball ever gets to this point the same thing will happen, it wont matter that jimmy wasn’t wearing a mask and the marker was shooting over 300fps or that his mom said he couldn’t, all the CPSC will see is a hurt/dead kid and a marker. The same will happen with the co2 tanks killing people a while back, they will see the sport and someone dead, not the people who didn’t go to a tech to have the AS tube installed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothedragon View Post
I am not trying to hurt anything, i am simply calling a paintball gun what it is, its a gun. If you dont like the word gun, then that fine, what ever. but the paintball gun is a gun whether you want to call it that or not. A paintball gun is essentially an air gun, but instead of firing bullets or shotgun shot or bb's it fires paintballs. but the basic priciples that compressed air forces what ever is in the barrel at the time out at a high velocity are the same. Just as if you were to replace the paintball with a hard metal object or bullet, so long as that metal object was the correct size, it would come out of that barrel of the paintball gun at an extrealy high velocity, and do some serious damage, including the possibly of death if it was shot at some one. This is not me "hating" on paintball, or trying to hurt the sport in anyway. Its called being realistic and calling something what it really is, instead of making up new names for it to try to sugar coat it and make it sound better.
really we have been quite fortunate sofar that we don’t need permits or anything, heres some food for thought, potato cannons are illegal to have, they use a combustible to propel a potato at high speed, the tippmann c3 uses propane to propel a paintball at high speed, so if you want to argue they are the same thing, then someone else will argue they should both be illegal. There are countries that view them as firearms, so when the idea that they can be banned is already out there I think its useful to try and put as much separation between firearms and paintball markers as possible

as I said before this is not about sugar coating what it is, they still shoot something at high speed nomatter how you look at it, but what calling them a marker does is gets our sport further from the idea that there is anything dangerous about it, I mean look at the safety record, if you have a greater chance of going to a hospital from a bowling accident then paintball yes it is safe, but the public does not know that yet, just because you have done the research on the safety of paintball does not mean the public has


Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothedragon View Post
and paintball is not dangerous as long as it is played responsibly and give the respect it deserves. So it brings me back to my original point that education will go a hell of a lot farther in helping paintball as a whole than trying to rename items that you use in paintball. And the only way paintball will be heavily stigmatized as "dangerous" is if there is poor education and an increase in accidents because of the bad overall education.
I agree however you cant stop all accidents from happening, and the more separation we put between our equipment and a firearm the harder it is for someone to assume that paintball is a naturally accident prone sport and that people get hurt because of the equipment and the nature of the sport, such thinking as this is EXACTLY what lead the current ban on the ATV industry, if you think this cant happen to paintball, well that’s exactly what the ATV industry thought, so nobody bothered to stop and try to turn the negative image around or point out the flaws in the information the CPSC was getting. public image was so strong the ban went through

Quote:
Originally Posted by sNoW PIrAnHa View Post
They're both, arguing is pointless. We call super soakers and the like water guns, we call rubber band launchers rubber band guns, etc.

Public perception needs to change, not paintball.
For some things there just isn’t any other name, like airsoft guns, back when I worked at sports authority they were trying to find a new name for them so they could be covered under SA’s warranty program, anything that is a “gun” could not, so the paintball markers could be covered under it since they can be called markers

And I agree that public perception needs to change but its not going to do it on its own, its up to us to do that, and personally I think calling them markers is just one little way we can help, and its not like im saying people should cut off a finger to help paintball, simply changing a word, i see the logic in it and its simple thats why i say marker all the way
__________________
The ultimate new player guide!

^^^If you are new, click here^^^

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, that makes a firearm better makes a paintball marker worse. They are 2 very different worlds with nothing except a trigger in common



Last edited by Trbo323 : March 5th, 2009 at 02:33 PM.
Trbo323 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
hard paint
 
zstraus_vs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 81
i dont know what to say. i mean if i say paintball marker to someone who has no knowledge of the sport they look at me with a confused face
__________________
If your parents DON'T pay for your paintball stuff, put this in your sig
"If you think its a Marker not a Gun then put this in your sig."
spyder vs1
pure energy 3000psi tank
vl force
soon to get velocity Jr

join spyder vs group
check out my custom camo mask
zstraus_vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 14,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstraus_vs1 View Post
i dont know what to say. i mean if i say paintball marker to someone who has no knowledge of the sport they look at me with a confused face
and thats exactly when you have the chance to explain why you say marker instead of gun, it gives you the chance to go into the safety of the sport and give someone a little bit of education on it
__________________
The ultimate new player guide!

^^^If you are new, click here^^^

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, that makes a firearm better makes a paintball marker worse. They are 2 very different worlds with nothing except a trigger in common


Trbo323 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
Boom Chika Wha Wha!!!
 
TBDragonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 255
The term MARKER came from the original use for them. They were used to mark cattle to prevent double counting animals in the herd and for making trees in the forestry business. And yes they are techincly Air Guns, hence AGD(AIR GUN DESIGNS), but markers is a better term so as to remove the stigma that the gun and its misuse has brought on society.
__________________
If life is getting hard on you...kick him in the nads a steal his wallet.
TBDragonMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
hard paint
 
zstraus_vs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 81
does this mean we should put the sig up? i say yes, but will anyone else?
__________________
If your parents DON'T pay for your paintball stuff, put this in your sig
"If you think its a Marker not a Gun then put this in your sig."
spyder vs1
pure energy 3000psi tank
vl force
soon to get velocity Jr

join spyder vs group
check out my custom camo mask
zstraus_vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstraus_vs1 View Post
does this mean we should put the sig up? i say yes, but will anyone else?
i will put it in my sig
__________________
http://www.paintballforum.com/wtb-th...ml#post2115488
CHECK OUT MY MARKET!
Woodsballa A-5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2