Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Big mistake!

2K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  SpydurT 
#1 ·
Ok i did this too so dont feel bad if it is you. Stop buying upgrades for spyders/spyder clones cuz it is pointless. These guns arent that good and you all know this. Instead of buying upgrades for your gun take the money and save it up until you can afford to get a better gun (cocker, impy, blade II j/k.....ect.). I Bought like $200-250 in upgrades for my spyder and it was the worst thing ever cuz i could only use like 2 of them when i got my new gun. Ok so my point is that you shouldnt spend all your money trying to fix up a spyder because no matter how hard you try to pimp it it is always going to be a spyder. You can disagree w/ me if you want but im just trying to help you.

ps. I cant reply to this thread cuz it says that i am ip banned?

#3 ·
he's not really wrong......i have the same problem with my fish. some of the ups are good to get, like hpa, a great hopper (like a halob or empire b), and a good reg....these items are pretty much universal among all markers and will last for a good long time.

the other things like bolt, striker, drop, valve, springs, wont transfer and dont really do much anyways.

barrels...well, you need to up your barrel, almost all stock barrels suck, but these also most likely wont transfer.

triggers, boards, switches....these are ups for people who intend to keep their clone and want to max it out. although they wont transfer, they seem to make people happy.

overall, he is right, for the serious player. but if you never really intend for this to be more than a hobby...go ahead and up all you want.

#4 ·
i know waht ya'll mean, I did the same thing when i was starting out with my imagine, put 100's of $$ of usless mess on it when i could have had a nice gun a lot sooner. But one day it hit me in the head to stop wastin on this spyder and get somethin else. Now I have a nice nasty.

But, my spyder is still gettin pimped, lol. I have a zip kit and upgrades that will be here this week, but im only doin this b/c its a hobby for me, and i already have a nice main gun.

#5 ·
lol s hit look at all my ups for my guns, haha i could have an impy but i am getting an auto-cocker this year! :-D i could care less!

#14 ·
did you NOT know that most spyder things can't switch over to other guns? that's why spyders are lower end guns... the only real upgrades you should get are maybe a new barrel and maybe a bolt if you need it... then just start saving up for a new gun. that's what i'm doing...

#16 ·
is this a joke? this is a pretty known fact and i have to say if u know what ur doing u can get ur gun to rip www.carbineshornet.com is proof that thing is a beast. besides spyders r so light and they are awsome guns to do home mods 2 by spyder i have polished internals turbo mode lighten switch milled the body (more for looks then performance) and i need to get a new board cause i can max it at 14 bps

#17 ·
Upping a spyder = bad ... no. Why you ask?
1) you have to start somewhere. Spyders are great markers to learn with. Upping a spyder is fairly inexpensive, and they are fairly well performing markers.

2) Spyders (and stacked blowbacks in general) are very fast cycling markers. With some very simple upgrades you can actually get similar performance to that of a higher end marker.

3) I don't want to spend $1500 on a marker.. So if I drop $250 into my spyder, and it suits my level of play, I come out ahead.

4) Who cares anyway? Does it offend you that somebody wants to upgrade thier spyder to the ultimate? Hell people put nitrous systems in Neons for crissake.. what is the point of that...

So get off the spyder owner's backs. Spyders are great markers for what they are designed to do. If you want to buy a timmy or whatever, go for it. You can be eliminated just as easily with a spyder as you can with a higher end marker.

#20 ·
Most internal upgrades have very little bang for their buck anyways regardless of which "level" of gun you start out with. A lot of the hype is because of the placebo effect.

#21 ·
I just feel that everyone should get a gun that they feel comfortable with, and fits there price range. Wanna spend $300 on a mid end gun? Get a autococker. Wanna spend $140 on a entry level gun? Get a spyder.
Spyders arent bad guns. I know the difference between all guns (LPRs, front blocks, 3 ways, all that jazz..) and I dont feel a diffrence between most of them. I really like my spyder, cuz it was cheap, and works for what I wanna use it for. I went to a field once in Mass, and me and my cousin have spyders, and a kid with a e-cocker walked up to me, and gave me crap on my spyder. I was like okay...didnt give him any sas.
We played capture the flag. He grabbed our flag. As the kid was running, I stepped in front of him, and unload 4 balls into his chest, fell over instantly. It was awesome.
So personally, I feel its 75% player and 25% gun. I cant shoot very fast or good with mech frames. I had a tippmann, and max I could shoot was 4 BPS, cant shoot mech triggers, thats why I feel its some what the gun. Also, the tippmann I used, had a dye barrel, that sucked, every ball curved like a U-turn. Might have been a bad paint to barrel match, but the kid that had it, also had a hard time with it...but anyways...

I dont like it when people pick on people for the guns they have. Once the game starts, the bull**** stops. So, if anyone dosent want to get another gun, and feel that they wanna pimp there spyder, up the spyder.

#23 ·
high end guns are 50% hype 50% real gun
thats one reason i dont like them
another is with a spyder i can make it my gun unlike other peoples without much fearwould you do a home mod with a timmy?
didnt think so
and playing with a slight disatvantage makes it a bit more fun like when i use my mech gun against other people with "better" "faster" guns
thats my two cent

#24 ·
With everything out there for spyders nowadays, it isnt hard to get a spyder up to the level of a mid end gun. I have an autococker as well as an e99, and until I have 300 extra dollars to drop on an e-blade, I will always like my spyder more. They are good low end guns, that have tons of potential, and are probably one of the easiest to maintain out there. Upgrading a spyder, as long as you like it, is not a bad thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.