Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Need some help with what should be an easy problem

724 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Gootch 
#1 ·
My disconnect hose has several holes in it and needs replaced. I want to just replace it with another stock hose, at least until convinced otherwise that there is not another option that is better.

I took the hose off and found that what looks like two couplings, one on either end, came with it. I tried to take these off but niether will. So what i have now is a hose with one male coupling (leads to stock expansion chamber) and one female coupling (leading to a male to male fitting which inserts into the bottomline adapter). I have tried to get either one of these couplings off but all they do is spin around, they will not screw out. I figured I better stop and ask for info before I destroy something I will need.

Bottom line - I need the hose - one coupling to connect the hose to the expansion chamber (stock) and another coupling to connect the hose to the fitting that inserts into the bottomline (which is called the C/A Adapter in the book).

All of this for the older style Imagine.

Could someone please help, please?

#3 ·
Wouldn't I need two adapters plus the hose? One female (NPT) to male (metric) to go into the expansion chamber. Then a female (NPT) to female (metric) to go onto the fitting that inserts into the C/A adapter. There must be a better way. At least I would think.

#4 ·
I have been doing a lot more searching and I have an idea.

In the diagram Kingman gives in the owners manual, there is a part specified 42F (can't find a name for it on the list) That is the fitting that inserts into the C/A adapter. Maybe two female (NPT) to male (metric) adapters would work if 42F were removed?

Here is an online diagram for reference : http://www.kingman.com/section/support/diagrams/spyder_imagine.pdf

I really think I am making this more complicated than it needs to be, but I have to get it right, and completed by this weekends games.

#6 ·
tmaxx_2.5 said:
i have a better idea, get a macro-line kit..
yea only 5-10 bucks and its mor convenient than steelbraided lines

#10 ·
I assume that braided lines get holes in them often then? I mean for it to be worth going to plastic tubing, that particular line must need changed pretty often.

I would prefer to stay with braided steel, and if I do I really would like to know exactly what I would need so as not to waste time on shipping.

OR... Would the fittings I may need be something I could find in a local hardware store?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.