Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Cheap paint

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Daziak 
#1 ·
Im looking to find some paint at a cheap price, but i want the paint be be atleast and average quality. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of paint i should use??

#5 ·
what do u mean "used" paintballs?
im confused :confused:

#6 ·
Use Monster Balls. You can buy them at Wal-Mart...a box of 2000 for 29.99.

#7 ·
^^ dont listen to that guy dont use monster balls unless you want to spend time cleaning your gun after you shoot like 10 balls if you want to throw paintballs at people i suggest you waste 30 bucks on monster balls

#8 ·
Max.... Can you go into more details so others can decide if your comments are worth their weight in paint??

Are you saying you bought some for use in just one gun and you had problems? It is my understanding there are several factors that could cause paint to break "poor match with barrel, gun settings ..."

If your experience was that they broke in a variety of different guns, yet the same guns had no problems when different paint was used, then your comments hold so much more credit... you know what I mean

#9 ·
yeah this is the first negative comment on Monster balls i've heard, i would like to know whether it was just one gun, or one bag or something

#10 ·
passed my test

I went and played at a friends house for the first time in several years. His sons have built a paintball field on their property that is better than many pay to play fields. His 3 sons have gone through 4 cases of Monsterballs in the last month and have been happy with them. With 8 guns shooting them, only 1 marker seem to have problems with them, but it has a history of breaking balls. Even more expensive paint like Marbelizers. At 30 bucks for 2000 they seem a good choice for casual rec play. Especialy for parents who have to pay for them.

#11 ·
monster balls have a VERY hard shell, and tend to bounce. stinger is really good rec paint.

#13 · (Edited)
Max...

The answer to your question is obviously NO.
The point is that your first post regarding MonsterBalls really didn't let others know why they should take your advise. In hearing more details from your second post, it sounds like your baseing your judgement by experience with them in just one gun.
Hearing about the experience with them via the experience from 8 different guns will give a better idea of what others might expect.
Perhaps a field owner were to post their opinion, saying they tried them as field paint where they were being shot out of 50 different markers over a weekend.
I would consider that an extreemly valuable review to base my furture purchases of paint from.
If that field owner didn't let us know those details, but just said "I tried them, and they sucked" I wouldn't realize how valuable his oppinion should be taken as.

In a nutshell, your telling EVERYONE they will be sorry if they try them, from your rather limited experience with them ....

#14 ·
thats my point would you rather risk 30 bucks to shoot paint that will break like every other 10th ball or would you pay an extra 10 bucks for some rps paint and have none of it break? im sure there are some good batches of monsterballs but im seriously not willing to take the risk to use it again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.