Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

A-5 with RT, decided J&J what length?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  inexorable 
#1 ·
Hello Paintball forums, after readin a few threads ive decided to take a J&J ceremic barrel over the flatline for accuracy measures.

I plan on useing my A-5 for woodsball mainly. I do put down supressing fire as well as have fire fights but i mainly end up moving alot and attempting to outflank or end up in CQB positions.

14' seems to be the most popular so would something like this barrel here on eBay be a good choice?
eBay: NEW 14" TIPPMANN A5 - A-5 J & J CERAMIC BARREL (item 190114424283 end time May-22-07 21:09:04 PDT)

Does anyone reccommend any other barrel setup for my game play? Are there other places to purchase a J&J ceramic barrel at a lesser cost or is 30 bux about average?

#3 · (Edited)
would it be overkill to look into one of those paintball kits. The ones with different bore diameters.

J&J makes 2 piece barrel kits but idk if they have that ceramic pore spray things and idk if they make them in tippmann a-5 thread

oo i just found info on this

J & J Edge A-5 Barrel Kit - 14 Inch - Black at ActionVillage.com : Paintball

although i dont know if its ceremic. would i be dissappointed in getting the J&J ceramic 14 inch 1 piece over a kit similar to this?

#4 ·
I found a good deal of J&J edge elite kits. Many from amazon and they seem to be the cheapest even versus eBay sellers.

My question still stands on the 1 piece ceramic vs the Edge Kit.

Heres another one, is the tippmann A-5 barrel thread the same as a tippmann 98? cuz on amazon they have model 98 J&J ceramic 14in 2 piece kits but they only have 12 inch barrel kits labled for the Tippmann A-5. I want a 14 inch.

heres the A-5 12 inch
Amazon.com: J & J Ceramic Starter Barrel System - Tippmann A5: Sports & Outdoors

and the 98 14 inch
Amazon.com: J & J Edge Model 98 Barrel Kit - 14 Inch - Black: Sports & Outdoors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.