Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

A-5 Barrel choice for my app

746 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Crawdaddy 
#1 ·
ok guys i am a noob to this site, i have played paitball quiet abit... i use to own a tipp. 98 with stock e-grip and 22" sniper barrel from RAP4.com, i recently purchased the A-5 and am liking it much more... but i don"t know what brrel would be best for my app/scenario... GUN: tippman A-5 w/ e-grip, stock, ok s when we play there are to scenarios... we usually always play Capture The Flag...

Scenario 1: according to which side i"m on.. first choice is coverage of about 10 feet of woods and a massive field in front of them... i am the flag holder/gaurder.. 99% of the time a sniper from about 60 ft awa from flag... but the area of vision goes forever...

Scenario 2: this side contains a building wih one window where i sit and gaurd the flag and snipe mostly around 30-200ft

i am the fastestrunner that we play with which is why i have such a range about staying away from the flag and sniping
i would just like to know what you guys think the best barrel choice would be forthis... i lvedthe 22'er but if they did get to it it was a beast to run with... but deadly accurate.. and decently cheap too... money isn't much of a concern in this... please help... i know there are things that will increase accuracy other than a barrel.. if you could supply names f these also i would greatly appreciate it! thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome to the forum

fist of all i need to clear up a little matter,

there is no sniping in paintball, not how you are thinking of it anyway.

all markers have the same range so if you can shoot them, they can shoot you, therefore eliminating the long range sniper. also, any barrel beyond 16" is just for show, it does nothing to help your accuracy.

so those two things aside, the best barrel for you (and one of the best values on the market today) is the J&J ceramics barrel (12-16" your choice) it is light, fairly quiet, and will shoot through breaks pretty good.

as for other accuracy improvements, better paint is the best way to go. and switching to HPA if you havnt done so already can help

#4 ·
cool i have heardalo about thoe barels... :) yeah not sniping as in long ong range one shot kill but a in hidden and surprising... i am usually elevated way above th feild aso... buti will try these andi was also looking nto getting theflatline just to compare... any expierences? yea he 22 was js for looks but it atualy surpisngly enough was deadly accurte at anywhere fr 0-80ft.. after that lobbing was a must!

#5 ·
please proof read your posts before submitting them, that last one was almost impossible to read

flatline=junk

it will not give you any additional range and the accuracy is horrid at best. since it puts backspin on the ball it tends to float around a lot. floating around is not what you want

#11 ·
yes HPA tanks are refillable

length between 12-16 is all personall preference, some people like them a little longer so you can stick them through bushes others like them shorter so they are easy to carry around, personally i like 14", right in the middle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.