Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Spyder Electra 08 Bolt replace/upgrade?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TheAznInvazn 
#1 ·
I picked up a used Spyder Electra this past weekend. I believe it is the 2008 model with EYEs. When playing with it on Sunday, the bolt would get stuck when shooting several balls in a row and I would have to manually pull the bolt back before resuming shooting. The Delrin bolt seems to have a lot of oil on it, so I'm guessing it was getting stuck due to swelling.

1. Is there a way to save the delrin bolt since it got oil on it?
2. I can't find/don't know where to look for a replacement bolt. Where can I find one (stock or upgrade)?
3. What is the best way to clean out the upper bolt tube to remove all the oil that was in there?

Thanks for the help and replies in advance guys.

#2 ·
1. It could be that your pressure is just too low, try turning up your reg, but if the bolt has oil on it, it'll go back to normal eventually

2. www.AlamoCityPaintball.com

3. Pull your bolt out and run a jerk thru and a swab through it

#3 ·
1. It could be that your pressure is just too low, try turning up your reg, but if the bolt has oil on it, it'll go back to normal eventually
The gauge on the regulator reads in the green (I believe around 500?) That should be ok, right?

Thanks - I'll send them some questions and see what they have to say =)

3. Pull your bolt out and run a jerk thru and a swab through it
What is a jerk? Should I use any cleaner or anything to get the oil out?

Also, would you recommend sanding the delrin bolt to remove the grooves it has on it?

#4 ·
1. Maybe try increasing spring tension too?

2. They make top quality stuff for cheaper then the other guy, they're amazing

3. A jerk thru squeegy, like the silicone ones with all the little disks on them to get all the paiont out

4. Nope, they're fine a is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.