Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 Man Person Tactics

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  xmagman 
#1 ·
i know that there is no "I" in team, but im going paintball in the woods with a bunch of ppl that i dont really know from my school. Ive been looking up tips for playing but theve all been for team play. What are tips/tactics i can do to be on the front of the line by myself and yet escape in the deadliest of heat, all by myself.

P.S. There will probably be about 5-10 people on each team, but i want to be able to break away and be the lone wolf

#2 ·
In the "front lines by yourself" is suicide agains an oposing force of 5-10 people
Stay with your team mates and stratagise with them, you will get more kills and live longer

#4 ·
I often found myself alone behind enemy lines, just staying out of site waiting for a few stragglers. If the field is big enough, going around the back with one or two people isn't too hard. I just waited for a few people to walk by, nobody did. I was on the side of the field nobody cared about. But, don't go straight to the front lines alone, just asking to get shot up.

#5 ·
You are almost always better off in a group.

If you find yourself in the case of being alone, your best bet is to use stealth. Get close to the enemy, that way you can take out a whole group in a matter of seconds. I love playing pump like that. I play up in the front lines and disappear for a few min, then pop out and get a couple before getting taken out or disappearing again.

#9 ·
with ****ty team mates, your best bet is to get "creative"...

Something I've found that works is a delayed start, IE while your team is running headfirst into the fray, find a good spot to hide and just wait. And wait. And wait. When it gets to the point where either your team is all but eliminated, their team is all but eliminated, or nothing at all is happening (usually 10-15 mins of waiting) then you make your move. If it's the first game, they'll usually forget all about you. Be patient, and unless you are spotted, you can take out an entire team that way.

Flank 'em. I cannot say this enough. Flanks are key. Even if they make a semi-circle around you, hit the far edges of the boundaries, and run as quickly as you can to the very back boundary. That way, you can come up from directly behind them and get some KO's, or at least distract them enough so your team can get in better positions. Most bunkers, natural or not, offer protection from one direction only; If you can get behind them, they will either be eliminated by you, or they'll have to leave cover, meaning your teammates will have a clear shot on them.

Two man group: It does pay to have at least one man with you. With two people, you can still move quickly and quietly, but you have the added bonus of another set of eyes, ears, and another gun with you.

Divide and conquer: This is pretty simple. In order to be the "lone wolf", stay away from the main battles, in a manner of speaking. Most woodsball games start out fast and furious, and will eventually turn into a war of attrition once everyone gets bunkered down. If there is a big skirmish on the left side of the field, take it wide around the right side. If they are at your base, run to theirs (using a flanking manuever) and sneak up behind them. Let them get comfortable in a position, and get behind them.

Go back to go forward: Depending on the size of the field, sometimes it's better to move backwards from the break than moving forward. If they can see your base, or if they are close enough to get to your start point quickly, sometimes I'll drop back wards to the rear boundary, run it to a side boundary, and then move up. This has you protected on at least one side at all times, and prevents the enemy from sneaking up behind you.

Freestyle: The most important thing in paintball; adaptivity. If your cover is under heavy fire, leave. If someone is getting too close to comfort, eliminate them or move. If a certain tactic is working, switch it up. If it isn't, try it a couple more times, then switch it up. If you fall into a pattern, for better or worse, you become predictable. Sometimes doing the craziest, most uncharacteristic thing you can think of will get you the win. If you've been chilling the past few games, secure in nice cover, picking people off as they come to you, it's time to go Rambo and run non-stop making KO's. Depending on conditions, sometime's it's useful to run with people chasing you, then just drop and shoot. A lot of times they will run past you, and you can then start to chase them instead.

Most of all, have fun with it :)

#10 ·
if you can cordinate with your team do this(really only when in the woods)
if you have ten peeps
send 5 straight up the middle(try to get past half way line)
send 3 left flank
send 1 for a run through (yes they probaly will get lit up so bad they wont be able to walk
and the last person gos right flank stealthy and quiet intill behing the enemy and he gets every one

i found the only draw back is if the other team notices(and if thyre smart) they will flood the right flank

if they are stupid they try to stack up the left flank

#11 ·
one of the hardest things i had to learn was when it is smart to retreat, i was like you always gun ho and readdy to get into a firefight but i offten found myself getting into firefights that were bad odds of me winning, if you like the firefights like i do try to get it so its a 1 on 1, even a 2 on 1 is not so bad if both of them are in the same general location, its when you have one in front and one to the side that the odds are not in your favor and its time to fall back and rethink what you are doing. but in doing so chances are they will follow you, and if you know where they are going to come from you have an advantage, circle back and find a spot to sit where they will come through if they are together thats two you can send to the deadbox, if not id wait untill i know where the other is, if you know where they are take the one out on the road then you are left with a 1 on 1 firefight with the other

#12 ·
i played at my local feild about a month ago.

I was on the far right side going up against 3 guys and took two of them out before they took me out but as soon as they took me out my teammate had flanked them and shot em point blank felt sorry for the guy.

But yes i do love firefights and having it being odds against me which is probably bad but when i make it out i look like a hero lol

#13 ·
Well the most important thing i can think of when I play bush and usually end up being the last with more kills than most is...
PATIENCE...
take your time, stalk your targets and if theres more than two DON"T fire! If you do fire only one shot and make it count. More than one and you give yourself and everyone around you away and usually end up having o run for your life for a short time after that.

Terrain also plays a big part of it as well. If your familiar with the area than you have an upper hand over your competition. If you don't take your time. Explore and use your eyes and ears. walk quietly... stop frequently and listen... look... stalk your targets... I usually try when playing true woods ball with my friends getting close enough to mercy... its the quietest way to get eliminations as well as saves your paint.

I could go on forever as woodball and hunting are my hobbies however I will leave it at that.:ninja:

#14 ·
I could go on forever as woodball and hunting are my hobbies however I will leave it at that.:ninja:
Thats exactly how I play. Like I'm hunting rabbits, you gotta be fast, silent, and effective. If you fire more than 3x per person, you're probably firing too much and need to back off. Be too slow wand they'll get away or catch up and end up shooting you in the back.

#15 ·
Here's a fun trick you can use against rec-ballers: Give your own cover fire.

If you're all by yourself and you have a good idea where your opponents are, you can effectively give your own cover fire as long as you're not moving too far. Start firing on your opponent's bunker(s) and move. You can seriously confuse them when you show up in a completely different bunker.

My last trick and corollary to the last tip is dry firing. I have run out of ammo on many occasions. Dry fire and move and try to keep your opponents head down. Get close and barrel-tag them or force a surrender.

#16 ·
I play more speedball than anything else but I do occasionally venture onto the woodsball field. I tend to play in the woods like I do on the speedball field. And it usually works for me. Sometimes being very aggressive pays off. It can also make you very unpredictable and hard for someone who is trying to be stealthy to sneak up on you. I normally find myself running all over the field to directly challenge any would-be attackers. And if the other team isn't keeping track of you it can really confuse them. The whole fire and manuver thing can really work sometimes. Being stealthy has it's place but so does being aggressive. But the key to doing this is field awareness and moving smartly. You can't run around like a maniac and expect it to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.