Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

compressor for sale

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  huckduck 
#1 ·
i have a used small compressor for sale. i believe this compressor probably came off of an airplane. it is electric. 110 volts. my kids dont play anymore and it has been sitting around collecting dust. i got it out today and tried it out. it runs perfectly. however it doesn't pump up over about 700 lbs. it used to go about 2000lbs. i think it probably needs overhauled. { new piston rings } anyway it is ideal for the do it yourselfer, or backyard paintballer. i can send photos by cell phone or email. i want $550.00 plus shipping. it weighs about 40 or 50 lbs. i live in central arkansas. if anyone wants to come by and look at it thats fine.

#13 ·
shoebox compressor, a lot of people already have a garage compressor

or just for kicks, hook a scuba tank up to a shoebox compressor and you are basically using it as a booster in which case the fill time would be cut waaaaay down

but for the same price your compressor gets to 700 and needs a rebuild which who knows how much will be, it may get to 700 in 10 minutes but to get 68ci of 2000psi in 10 minutes? no way, not on a 110v outlet.

even if it could do that, again, wheres the advantage? your still only getting about a half fill. i can take my scuba tank down, get it filled for $5 and have about 6 fills from empty above 2000psi and it would only take a few seconds.

as far as paintball in concerned, if you were trying to sell this at around $200 on the other hand, then it would make more sense, i could fill my tank most of the way off of that compressor, then top it off with the scuba tank and get a lot more fills even though they are only to 3k, for a lot less money than a shoebox compressor and a lot faster on a dry tank as well, along with not needing a garage compressor. honestly there are some people out in the middle of nowhere that would love that idea.

#14 ·
you have no idea at all what your talking about. you keep talking about a shoebox compressor? i dont know what that is. is that a brand name? what i have is homemade from aircraft parts. and yes it did go to 2000 psi. in 10 minutes. and if you say it doesnt then you just proved my point that you dont know what your talking about. and yes it is 110 volts. and if you mr.trbo323 would only mind your own business you would find that its a full time job. but if you cant mind your own business then i would like to extend an invitation to you to catch a plane to little rock ar. i will meet you at the front door and we will ride less than a mile to gillam park which is right on I-440. and me and you will settle this thing. one of us will get satisfaction and the other will get a healty dose of respect for the other one. now you have really p--d me off!! you sound like your just some immature kid. so why dont you be a good little boy and go play your video games and leave the real men alone to take care of our business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.