Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

[Fenix] CO2 leak out of regulator?

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Doublemint 
#1 ·
I was playing woodsball last week with my Spyder Fenix and the gun started leaking CO2 out of a tiny hole in the regulator. I got home, took apart the regulator, spotted the problem. A very broken O ring, totally snapped in half in the way of everything. I took that out, put my spare O ring in where I thought it belonged and I put the gun back together and it still shot out CO2. I don't know where I'm wrong? I was pretty sure I put it in the right place. Anyone else had this happen to them?

#6 ·
just curious, but does this happen to a lot of spyders? i bought the fenix because i had the mr1 and it worked great but me and my friends wanted to play some speedball with our church and we bought electrical guns. i think spyder is a good brand.. what do you guys think of spyder? maybe i just got a weird copy

#8 ·
the fix is an AS tube, basically we started seeing these as soon as spyder stopped using the 15 degree down turn on the ASAs so what is happening is liquid co2 is able to come straight into the regulator. combine no downturned ASA with a marker that is capable of higher ROFs and you can see the issue. everyone that has had an AS tube installed in their tank has (to my knowlege) never had the problem come back not to mention you get all the advantages of the AS tube as well.

#10 ·
Anti-Siphon tube. essentually it is a tube that is installed in the tank and bends up so that only co2 gas can come into the marker and not co2 liquid

you must have your local shop install these (typically $30) do not try to install them on your own as the 3 deaths in our sport all came from when someone tried to install these themselves and messed it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.