Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Eclipse am Etek 4 board.

3K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  tlmiller 
#1 ·
I have a question. Is there a difference between the am and the lt's board? Is the only difference the ability to change to a better board in the am? Ill be using this marker for fun in the speedball field but more in the woods and for big games so I don't really care too much about the deeper features of the board.

G
#2 ·
Most fields I've been to don't allow ramping or the use of the deeper features of a board unless you're participating in team practices or strictly advanced games.

If functionality doesn't matter to you - the LT should suit you nicely. If functionality does matter to you - the LT should suit you nicely. If you're colorblind and have issues identifying what color lights are flashing - find a "seeing-eye-friend", and the LT should suit you nicely.

#3 ·
They don't make the lt in the Titan white that I wanted anymore and I really didn't want a different color so I bought the last am that was available. I wanted the lt but my want for a matching color scheme won over my common sense to just get a different color in the lt version.

#17 ·
So can I just ask.... Did I make a good choice with the Etek? It's my first marker and it seems to have everything I want for an electro marker and it looks good from a good company right? I'm just hoping I didn't spend a few 100$ more then I needed too when I could have gotten something else?

G
#21 ·
time spent on a woods field or an airball field matter very little to a marker. The harsh reality is that the only distinction here between the two is that the "woods" markers tend to have additional bolt-on crap(weight) that add nothing to the functionality of the marker.

Your marker doesn't care if its pressing up against an air bunker, a hyperball bunker, a shrub, or a California Redwood.

I realize that a lot of individuals like to look at the two different play styles as different sports, but...there's very very very little difference between the two when it comes down to it.

The ETEK4 will serve you well. As long as you maintain it with air tool oil after every case or three, and do a full break down and lube every 3-6 months, you'll have very few issues with it.

Just...don't go trying to upgrade it.

G
#23 ·
To that - I say to proceed with caution.

Buddy of mine bought a Hush TechT bolt for his Etek4. For tourneys, he borrows(ed) my Etek3. The bolt works perfectly in my 3, but he had a lot of issues with paint chop in his 4...but only during a sustained rapid period of fire.

After literally doing as close to a part-for-part swap is possible between the two markers... we came to conclude that the sizing of the TechT Kush bolt is prefect for an ETEK3..but not a 4. He's since purchased a Cure 4 and had no issues.

Total expendature: 44 for the Kush, 50 for the Cure. 94 to do what the stock bolt did anyways.

Then again - if it ain't broken...why are you throwing money at it to fix it?

#25 ·
Some of the TechT bolts are great. The Gx bolt truly makes that marker SIGNIFICANTLY better. I know several people that love the hush bolt due to it being quieter. But like the L7 for the DM/PM, is a significantly WORSE than stock bolt. So they run the gamut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.