Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Sniper tuning?

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tlmiller 
#1 ·
Hello, I recently got an empire sniper and it is my first pump. I love it so far. I don't know a lot about pumps so I was wondering what I should do to tune/maintain it? What should I do to the gun itself, pump stroke, etc? Anything helps

Thanks

#2 ·
Does the manual say anything about this? The empire sniper *probally* uses painbtall oil, and not grease, like other expensive guns. I don't know much about them, but I know that they're very similar to an autococker or spyder.

To tune it? Unless it's not shooting right, don't mess with the tuning of it. That's my advice.

#3 ·
Yeah my main problem is that I feel like I am running my gun at too high of a pressure. The manual says around 225 but I was shooting low. I changed it too 260 and have my IGV screwed in 1 mm farther in than flush with the back of the body. I don't know if I should lower the pressure to around what is advised and just compress the spring a lot?

#5 ·
i would suggest it not be flush, in if anything, the further out you go the more you are just waiting for it to fall out

while I dont know the sniper all that well, if its essentially a autococker base that is pretty far out on the IVG. Im betting the reason you are having to crank your pressure up is because there is not enough spring pressure so the hammer is not hitting the valve very hard, to compensate you are putting more pressure through the valve to keep the velocity up.

If you want to tinker with it, turn the HPR pressure down and crank in the IVG some, that should give you some room with the IVG if you ever need to crank it out in the future

I suppose you could sweet spot the reg like an autococker as well, I never bother with it, well, mostly because I dont have an IVG in my cocker anymore but i have never seen a huge difference by doing it anyway.

#7 ·
In reality, the only advantage of sweet spotting is efficiency. Other than that, there's no real advantage, and you can still improve efficiency even sweet spotted, but with a pump, who really cares about the difference of 100 shots on a full tank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.