Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Something Seriously Wrong With New Scenario Ballers

17K views 313 replies 119 participants last post by  frozenboogerman 
#1 ·
I’ve been a paintballer for the past 8 years now. The sport is growing extremely fast, and I’m so happy to see that this lovely sport is gaining acceptance throughout the world. We have newer equipment, cheaper prices, and more areas to play then ever before. One thing we do not have though, is the quality of players we used to take for granted.

This past weekend I attended a 24 hour-long scenario game in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. This game had over 2,500 paintballers from around the eastern seaboard. From past experiences at these games, I was expecting a good match between the Axis and the Allies. (D-Day scenario) What I got was anything but what I expected.

Right from the opening charge, the men were separated from the boys. Half the Axis force was fighting on the front lines they were supposed to. I was eliminated so I was returning to find a ref to punch me back in. I saw the other half of the Axis force huddled behind trees way off the line. After directing some of them to where we needed help, they refused to move from their spot. Their hoppers were full; their loaders haven’t been touched. They were truly afraid of getting hit with a paintball this happened all day on both sides.

Several times I would make an advancing move to try and make the Allies mess up when we came under attack. Every time I was un supported and left out in the wind with my pants down so to speak. It got to the point where I didn’t even want to play anymore. There was no point in it. Half the people I was with were too scared to actually play. I sat out most of the second day since I would be alone and dead in a few mins after going in anyway.

The other problem is ballers running away. Groups that outnumbered smaller groups by a good amount of people would just turn and run at blazing speed. There is no excuse for this! It wasn’t like they were leading us into an ambush, since they all retreated in different directions, no organization at all. Most of the time leaving 2 or 3 of their serious ballers behind to die.

So in conclusion the new ballers today lack the qualities of the old ones. Paintball is becoming less fun for me knowing I’m going to be the only guy up front when the rest of my team is hiding behind some bush wetting themselves. The Scenario scene used to be the best one IMO. Now it seems like the players themselves are killing all the classic forms of paintball.

What does the future hold for someone like me in paintball? Or is this the first nail in my paintball coffin…

- Brian

See less See more
#3 ·
lol, I noticed the same thing on Allies. All brave people who werent scared got the front of the boats, while the little scardy cats stayed in back. I was the first person in the first wave to get out of the boat. It was funny too, cuz you could see al the germans lining up on the tree line and hear the paint hitting the doors before they droped. But I definatly did see a change in players. Some players just stayed in the back bumkers while the right side would be making a push torwds the woods. Pissed me of at times,. But thats why I made sure to go on missions with people who looked like they knew what they were doing. I didnt even go back on sunday. I was basicly dead. But what pissed me off the most was they banned the use of your won cannons and stuff. That REALLY pissed me off, oh well

G
#7 ·
woods will never die...

thats like at the scenario i was at, i was forced to play pump.. pro ts was chopping like mad and using way to much paint to last me for the day.. so i was playing stock and trying to get players to help me out.. pussies.. made me so mad.. finally i was crawling up a ravine and a medic from my team was screaming at my team "GET UP THERE AND HELP THAT GUY CRAWLING UP THERE!!!" and he was getting the troops going.. he really helped us..

but it is a shame.. i dont get whats so scary.. play as a medic.. and after an hour.. you dont even feel hits anymore.. i got murdered.. i ran into a building to get my guys outta there.. man they saw my medic shirt and unloaded on me.... dear god.. then i lost my punch.. so i jsut quit being a medic..

#8 ·
There are too many sissy ballers getting into paintball. We really need to have the tough guys such as:
Myself
Headley
D_Smalls

and numerous others and the old ballers. Get me? I mean, this is getting on my nerves. I experience the same thing. We have too many skinny kids running around with markers they don't know how to use getting picked off like crazy. They are scared to get hit with paintballs! ARGH! This makes me ticked off!

#10 ·
man the woods is what attracts those new players to paintball, hoping they will be snipers knowing all well they are afraid to get hit, once they play more, there will be a new generation of ballers, not afraid to get hit, and just like the old school ballers, but untill then, we will have to put up with sissy guys who only play paintball to look cool and act tough.

#12 ·
Normally i'd agree, but when 60% of the ballers out there turn tail and run, or hide behind a tree afraid to move, it kinda kills the sport.

Woods is amazing, i love it! The new ballers i can't stand though. I'm sry guys, online i have no problem with you. On the field though you best get a set of balls and do something or else.

- Brian

G
#15 ·
yeah man its definitely annoying.. its so frustraiting while playng pump/stock class too.. im getting in there risking my butt and am greatly out powered and i turn around and see my pussy ass team mates have their tails between their legs and are sprinting outta there..

like one time.. i got shot out and went to the staging area one of my team mates was freezing and wanted to sit out so i came back in and took his place in the game.. and i come in and reunite with my team and their in the worst positions picking thier noses not know what to do.. so i run in with my pump and start barking orders.. screamed at some guys to cover the flank and start pushing.. finally got them together and i ran in and shot 2 and bunkered the last..

like all it takes is some one to start screaming at em and get them to move.. sometimes even that doest work though.. i tell people to get their asses to cover.. and they just sit there.. well ive even played with experienced guys that do this in speedball..

#16 ·
same here. at my field, every time i walk on, same thing. there is always me, 2 friends, and 9475092348750293745 noobs, the bad kind. and im always put on all of the noob's team, while my friends are all put on the other team. it sucks. but this is the bad part, once/if they get good, then there will be a whole new generation of noobs to be afraid of getting hit. thus the cycle continues...

but then, i guess i should expect that with rechball. if noobs go into scenario, they should at least know not to be blubbering pussies about helping.

#19 ·
D_Smalls said:
woods will never die...

thats like at the scenario i was at, i was forced to play pump.. pro ts was chopping like mad and using way to much paint to last me for the day.. so i was playing stock and trying to get players to help me out.. pussies.. made me so mad.. finally i was crawling up a ravine and a medic from my team was screaming at my team "GET UP THERE AND HELP THAT GUY CRAWLING UP THERE!!!" and he was getting the troops going.. he really helped us..

but it is a shame.. i dont get whats so scary.. play as a medic.. and after an hour.. you dont even feel hits anymore.. i got murdered.. i ran into a building to get my guys outta there.. man they saw my medic shirt and unloaded on me.... dear god.. then i lost my punch.. so i jsut quit being a medic..
I've never played scenario ball before, what do medics do?

G
#22 ·
Badinflewinse said:
I've never played scenario ball before, what do medics do?
In our scenario, i was on the human team, and if a team mate got shot anywhere but the head, then id come up, hole punch his id card they gave ya and they give me this purple heart (the purple hearts were for a contest) So once they got hole punched, they could go back in the game.. the problem was i had to get to the people to punch the cards... it was hell.

#23 ·
yea being a medic takes some balls, but seriously i play scenario and i'm no fricking woods pro like headly probally is, but seriously i was at a game called IWO JIMA, and our first mission was to take a hill in a moch(sp?) beach landing, and basically a couple older guys and my self moved slowly up but most of the guys where at the same trees right where the entry points where at our CO was just screaming at them and they didn't do jack. Finally me and a couple guys of my team went up on a flank on the to hill bunkers, we got wasted but it felt better than just sitting there with the newbs.

#24 ·
^

That is what Scenario is all about!

So what if you know you're going to die, the point is you giving your "life" for the greater good is actually a good thing! Since you can come back! It still takes balls to go into a situation where you know you're about to get lit up, but you walk out feeling a lot better about yourself, even if you are dripping in paint. ;) At least you will have a story to tell your friends... you know, the ones that were hiding behind the tree ;)

- Brian

#25 ·
hehe actually thankfully all of my team got out of there, when i moved up the first time most of my team was gone when i looked back for a medic so i said i'll just walk if everyone is behind. i just remember though one guy ahead of everybody he was like 25 feet ahead of me and he just charged in the open just spraying and i felt bad i didn't move up with him, but seriously to everyone new just go ahead forward, most of the time you'll get hit once or twice, maybe 3 but really in a scenario you can just wipe it off and in 5-15 minutes you're back in, seriously two if you just sitting there adrenalin doesn't kick in as much as when you charge and those shots feel alot worse.
then if you had adrenalin going.

#26 ·
I'm with you on this one Headly. I only play in the woods, I think it's so much more fun than speedball.
I was playing at my local field once, and ran up to the front line. There was a river dividing our side from the other teams, and they didn't have many people there. I knew if we charged across the bridge, we could easily kill the remaining defenders and win the game. But of course there was literally 20 noobs sitting about 150 feet back, doing no good at all. They couldnt even get a ball near the enemy. I yelled at the about 3-4 times to move up but they NEVER moved. They were so scared of getting hit they never budged, even though we would have made it across. They just sat back with their $700 guns and did nothing.

But it really does piss me off when the noobs don't want to help at all. But I used to be them at one time. I used to be afraid of getting hit, but you get so used to being hit you barely feel it anyone, you are more pissed off because you have to leave the field then you are hurt.

And you don't regret being brave and getting killed. If you sit back and do nothing because you are scared, you leave the field thinking "man I really should have done something, even if I got hit the pain would have lasted about 4 seconds" but if you actually do something you'll think "Man that was awesome, what a rush, I'm such a hero :D"

My friend who is crazy in a game, ran to the top of this hill we are supposed to take at the begining of a game. When he was up there he killed about 5 people before taking 10 shots to the head. What a brave person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.