Stealth Required - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old April 19th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26
Stealth Required

Please suggest anything that would make my SP-1 quieter. The L7 bolt is already on the way.

Even though interested in other tips and tricks would really appreciate to be pointed in the direction of a quiet barrel. Also expect there may be silencers out there that would quiet it down even more.
MrWizard2U is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Authoritah!
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 23,645
unfourtnately silencers are illegal to use for firearms and that transfers over to paitball as well. I suggest a barrel with plenty of porting and the best solution.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
martix_agent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26
hmmm..... I guess it makes sense. Paintball and firearms silencers would realy work on the same principle and could be transferable.

Well can you/someone suggest what you know to be a really quiet barrel?

Is there anything else that could possibly add to the quiet effect?
MrWizard2U is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,032
A heavily ported barrel is all you can do.
Crawdaddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 138
what about the trinity barrel?
t3hpwn4g3h4zx0r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26
Looked at various barrel options and decide against changing the barrel. Yea if I did I could have benefited by a couple decibels but didn't think that would make me content. Instead went to instructibles and looked up "paintball silencer".

I built one the whole length of the barrel from the breach to cover all the porting and way out about 10" past the muzzle. I got a marker now that looks more like a cannon but even when firing without balls its about half the noise compared to before. I am not in the US but still have not checked if I am breaking any laws. Which I probably am but most likely wont end up in jail for it. Could though end up having it confiscated.

Still have not tested it in the field but hope to do so this coming weekend (if they let me). Being so long it seems to be slightly curved and there is a small chance that on exit the balls might catch the inside of the silencer tube at the tip. If so I might have to either try to heat it on one side to straighten it or maybe just shorten it by an inch or two.

If anyone has an idea on how to straighten a PVC tube would appreciate some advice.

Last edited by MrWizard2U; May 13th, 2009 at 12:45 AM..
MrWizard2U is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
John 3:16
 
BuffSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Please don't stalk me
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWizard2U View Post
Looked at various barrel options and decide against changing the barrel. Yea if I did I could have benefited by a couple decibels but didn't think that would make me content. Instead went to instructibles and looked up "paintball silencer".

I built one the whole length of the barrel from the breach to cover all the porting and way out about 10" past the muzzle. I got a marker now that looks more like a cannon but even when firing without balls its about half the noise compared to before. I am not in the US but still have not checked if I am breaking any laws. Which I probably am but most likely wont end up in jail for it. Could though end up having it confiscated.

Still have not tested it in the field but hope to do so this coming weekend (if they let me). Being so long it seems to be slightly curved and there is a small chance that on exit the balls might catch the inside of the silencer tube at the tip. If so I might have to either try to heat it on one side to straighten it or maybe just shorten it by an inch or two.

If anyone has an idea on how to straighten a PVC tube would appreciate some advice.
run over it with a truck? might break it though.
__________________
Color Me If You Can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Wow awesome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BuffSquirrel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26
Unfortunately I don't have a truck.
MrWizard2U is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 138
straighten it?

well just a guess but couldn't you soften it with heat and then straighten it using a flat surface?

its worth a shot
t3hpwn4g3h4zx0r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
John 3:16
 
BuffSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Please don't stalk me
Posts: 304
do you have a car or anything weighing over 1000 pounds? if so, thatll work just fine
__________________
Color Me If You Can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Wow awesome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BuffSquirrel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
(b '_')b
 
Db0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sterling,VA
Posts: 858
I dont think running over a pvc pipe would make it flat. It would just crack.
Best way is to slowly heat it up.
Db0ne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26
My car is over 1500kg. Guess that should do. Maybe I can even throw in a few sandbags to get it closer to truck weight. Will try it if the heating or shortening it doesn't work.
MrWizard2U is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
John 3:16
 
BuffSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Please don't stalk me
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWizard2U View Post
My car is over 1500kg. Guess that should do. Maybe I can even throw in a few sandbags to get it closer to truck weight. Will try it if the heating or shortening it doesn't work.
good job! i tried to make a silencer (test trial) i ended up putting making my gun louder oh well. now im making things so when you screw your tank out of your gun, the blast goes in a controlled direction instead of everywhere. still working on it tho.
__________________
Color Me If You Can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Wow awesome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BuffSquirrel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
(b '_')b
 
Db0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sterling,VA
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSquirrel View Post
good job! i tried to make a silencer (test trial) i ended up putting making my gun louder oh well. now im making things so when you screw your tank out of your gun, the blast goes in a controlled direction instead of everywhere. still working on it tho.
Isn't there a little hole on the bottom of the asa where the air rushes out? There isn't much more you can do with that unless you get a on/off.
Db0ne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
John 3:16
 
BuffSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Please don't stalk me
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Db0ne View Post
Isn't there a little hole on the bottom of the asa where the air rushes out? There isn't much more you can do with that unless you get a on/off.
dont ruin my ghetto hopes and dreams
__________________
Color Me If You Can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Wow awesome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BuffSquirrel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSquirrel View Post
good job! i tried to make a silencer (test trial) i ended up putting making my gun louder oh well. now im making things so when you screw your tank out of your gun, the blast goes in a controlled direction instead of everywhere. still working on it tho.
You mean like an on/off ASA with a purge?
Crawdaddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26


The biggest challenge of the whole project was mounting it. Solved that with a rubber insert and some tacky tennis racket grip tape. The only problem is the rubber inset doesn't keep paint well.

Last edited by MrWizard2U; May 16th, 2009 at 04:31 PM..
MrWizard2U is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
John 3:16
 
BuffSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Please don't stalk me
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
You mean like an on/off ASA with a purge?
pretty much. but more ghetto and practically free.
__________________
Color Me If You Can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Wow awesome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BuffSquirrel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1