Why hate the Cyclone? - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old September 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
Why hate the Cyclone?

I noticed on a few posts that people dont like the Cyclone feed system on the Tippmann guns. Tho i get the feeling this was more from the speedballers than in general. Why is that? I like the feeder on my A-5 just because it has that preloader, and its perfectly timed. I have yet to break a ball *knock on wood* Even when i was test firing with crappy, warped balls they didnt break.

Why hate? :P
LordWolfx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 980
i guess because theres a limit to how fast it can feed
but id never get a cyclone for the 98, id just get a halo b
DontLookImNaked is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
PbF Supporter
 
HuNtS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 4,618
Blog Entries: 11
plus in my opinion because the a-5 has the cyclone it's such a gas hog.. my brothers tippy gets good efficiency, but my friends a-5.. holy crap..:tdown
__________________
Mike
HuNtS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 10th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
burningcow422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuNtS
plus in my opinion because the a-5 has the cyclone it's such a gas hog.. my brothers tippy gets good efficiency, but my friends a-5.. holy crap..:tdown
The cyclone operates on the excess gas that the 98 custom usually vents out.

Only reason I liked my a5 was because I could fan the hell out of it (9-10 bps) with no batteries. I had the trigger hella light.
__________________
it is i.
burningcow422 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 568
I personally like the Cyclone on my 98. I also like the TSA I use on my Ion. I like the fact that the Cyclone has a lower profile on the Tippy and doesn't need batteries.
paintballin34 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
PbF Supporter
 
HuNtS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 4,618
Blog Entries: 11
it may be lower.. but not necessarily slimmer... lol
__________________
Mike
HuNtS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
JH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,228
it does add some width to your gun and in speedball that width could be the difference
JH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 02:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningcow422
Only reason I liked my a5 was because I could fan the hell out of it (9-10 bps) with no batteries. I had the trigger hella light.
that is pretty slow i can get 9 bps out of a single trigger 98 without cyclone although i usally only shoot about 6bps

but i did try a cyclone on my 98 and did not like it. it seemed to not function nearly as nice as an a-5 cyclone. but yes the preload and the few extra balls they hold can be quite nice.
der51106 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
JH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,228
the preload feature is nice but in my opinion i can't take the extra width
JH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
burningcow422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by der51106
that is pretty slow i can get 9 bps out of a single trigger 98 without cyclone although i usally only shoot about 6bps
yeah I'm just saying. If you fan 9-10 bps with a gravity feed hopper you won't be too sucessful. I just like the fact that it loads every shot (to a point) without batteries.
__________________
it is i.
burningcow422 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 06:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 568
A Tippy isn't a speedball gun anyways. For the woods the hopper width is just fine. The lower profile is actually more important in my opionion out in the woods.
paintballin34 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Authoritah!
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 23,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill20
the preload feature is nice but in my opinion i can't take the extra width
exactly. you can forget about staying small when peeking out the right side of a bunker.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
martix_agent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 568
It's a woodsball gun anyways..

Last edited by paintballin34; September 25th, 2006 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: grammar
paintballin34 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballin34
It's a woodsball gun anyways..

I suppose that is true. And i use my A-5 for woods ball anyway. Ive only played speedball once or twice with it, and it did alright. I like it because it wont agitate the paint of you turn it on its side heh.

In all honesty tho, i don't see how the cyclone is any more of a target than the hopper :P
LordWolfx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Supporting Turtle
 
BlueShox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 2,967
Blog Entries: 2
The Cyclone Feed runs off of your air system, instead of batteries, so it eats up your air faster... If you're playing at a field all day with free refills, it's not much of a problem... but if you play in the woods in your backyard it would be smart to invest in another tank, or buy a Richochet hopper (same specs as the Cyclone, but runs on batteries).

But, when all else fails, use the Revy
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BlueShox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
I play in the woods, but only for a few hours. In my case how i have my gun set, We generally run out of paint before we run out of air. And i also have a response trigger.
LordWolfx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pedobear Supporter
 
M4Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pretty-damn-hot-lanta
Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShox
The Cyclone Feed runs off of your air system, instead of batteries, so it eats up your air faster... If you're playing at a field all day with free refills, it's not much of a problem... but if you play in the woods in your backyard it would be smart to invest in another tank, or buy a Richochet hopper (same specs as the Cyclone, but runs on batteries).

But, when all else fails, use the Revy

see, that's where you're wrong. It uses the blowback gas.... all it does is use the extra air in your gun after you fire.


That's why when you get low on air you can shoot it but the cyclone wont spin.
__________________
-Matt-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


M4Maniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Supporting Turtle
 
BlueShox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 2,967
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by M98Man
see, that's where you're wrong. It uses the blowback gas.... all it does is use the extra air in your gun after you fire.


That's why when you get low on air you can shoot it but the cyclone wont spin.
yeah but he also has response trigger, which also runs on the blowback gas... can both the hopper and the response work on the same portion of blowback gas?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BlueShox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zero Or Die
 
MR_CURTIS_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,143
I don't like them cause you can't use them on other guns. I would just get an eVLtution II, which cost the same price as the cyclone feed.
MR_CURTIS_47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 31
well they both have their ups and downs, the cyclone doesnt need batteries, but the electronic hoppers can shoot faster bps and are slimer. its all about personal preference, or the condition that your playing in.
Diablo3191 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maggot
 
TheGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kentucky Usa
Posts: 44
I like my cyclone feed but if a ball breaks in there you better have a spare gun ready. Taking that thing off the gun and cleaning isn't fun. I had a ball break in mine and decided to wait until i got home to clean it out. As you can guess this was a bad idea and I was chopping left and right. The fact that it was 35 degrees out when we were playing didnt help of course. Its hard to clean, thats my only complaint.
__________________
90% of people can bite me. The other 10% are the safe ones.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TheGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo3191 View Post
well they both have their ups and downs, the cyclone doesnt need batteries, but the electronic hoppers can shoot faster bps and are slimer. its all about personal preference, or the condition that your playing in.
Ive also been told that the electronic hoppers you have to set the timing to match the gun's ROF, where as the cyclone is timed for each shot.

Also, (in my experience) Electronic hoppers will have problems if your tilting your gun in any way where gravity no longer helps load, as well as a chance that the hopper will try to agitate when your not firing, which only draws attention to yourself.

Of course, I am a woods ball player. The disadvantages of an electronic hopper (or trigger for that matter) are just too much, thus my preference for the cyclone. Sides, I like my A-5 :P

Quote:
I like my cyclone feed but if a ball breaks in there you better have a spare gun ready.
Well, looking at it, i can imagine it would be. Though my A-5 hasn't broken a ball yet since ive owned it, and ive used some crappy, dented rounds in it before. From what ive been told, if its breaking balls, then something is wrong with the system, and it needs tuning, fixing.
LordWolfx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Its never lupus
 
sNoW PIrAnHa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Five One Oh
Posts: 9,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWolfx View Post
Ive also been told that the electronic hoppers you have to set the timing to match the gun's ROF, where as the cyclone is timed for each shot.

Sorry but thats not true

Also, (in my experience) Electronic hoppers will have problems if your tilting your gun in any way where gravity no longer helps load, as well as a chance that the hopper will try to agitate when your not firing, which only draws attention to yourself.

[b]This is also false{/b]

Of course, I am a woods ball player. The disadvantages of an electronic hopper (or trigger for that matter) are just too much, thus my preference for the cyclone. Sides, I like my A-5 :P

There are very few disadvantages to having an electronic hopper, the only one I can think of is the fact that it would need batteries.

Well, looking at it, i can imagine it would be. Though my A-5 hasn't broken a ball yet since ive owned it, and ive used some crappy, dented rounds in it before. From what ive been told, if its breaking balls, then something is wrong with the system, and it needs tuning, fixing.
Don't talk about something you don't know.
__________________
"I have no mercy or compassion in me for a society that will crush people, and then penalize them for not being able to stand up to the weight"- Malcom X
sNoW PIrAnHa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1