ok, so first upgrade - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
ok, so first upgrade

ok, so most of you active people know me , im the big noob

I went to the paintball store today, and I went with who knows what im buying? my first upgrade ended up being , I bougth the delrin ACS bolt for anti-chopping, is that any good? also I put 3 tubes of 140 along with holders, accidentally, I didnt buy the actual belt lmao so I cant wear it.
then I was going to buy a drop forward but holy crap it was 67 dollars for a 32 degress and like 40 for the smallest drop forward ive ever seen.
and I can find on the internet like 40-50 $ and at my other store thats only proshop .... no fields its 35 for a psycho so yea, that is probably going to be my next upgrade.

so is the acs bolt any good? im going to bring it to the store again so they can install it, because i had forgot to bring my gun.
also I watched from spectator view, dude it doesn't seem like it hurts to get hit by a paintball , there was this 11 year old , got hit in the arm(bare) he was wearing short sleeve and he put up his gun and goes im out and walks off .
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 487
wait whoa slow down

so you bought upgrades for your gun but you dont play?
w/e

no it doesnt hurt to bad

and the ace bolt will cut back on chops you should be happy with that

and i advise you dont buy any expensive parts for your gun. just play first

cause if you dont like it then you havent wasted that money
Kuby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bobide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: STL
Posts: 11,482
Dude, u can install that bolt all by urself. All u have to do is open up the back, slide out the bolt and striker, replace bolt, put the stuff back in. And put in the bumper, spring, and shim then close it.


And dont buy a drop there, those are overpriced. It kinda depends if it will hurt. Sometimes it just kinda gets u good and stings for a nice 5seconds or so. Other times u can barely tell.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 14" Macdev Matchstick, Kila Drive, Zentriam Valve, ICDU ram, CCM no-rise, Sonic lpr



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
bobide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 373
The ACS bolt will help you with chops, I'm not quite sure how much, but I was talking to a guy at one of my local fields that bought one, and he loves it, says that since he got it, he very rarely gets chops. It should cut down the chops, and make it so you don't chop regularly, but don't expect to never chop a single ball at all.
Zynister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 149
yea,the bolt is really simple to install,no need to waste your time having a shop install it for you and then possibly charging you.But the acs bolt is pretty good,reduces chops alot.
pballman31 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
ok good. but yea they install it for free, I also got a lifetime warranty and anything I need help with they do for free, the membership to play on the field is free lmao all you do is sign papers and your a member, which then you get to play on the field for free and you get all day air free, its really good here the only thing you have to do is buy there paint.

but then again, all day air as in co2 , hpa costs money but I dont have an hpa yet so good. and my first game is going to be tommorrow, im going with my newb friends(hopefully soon to be team).
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
oh and btw, I guess the bolt is good but not really for me, I rarely ever get chops in the first place.
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
ICD>sp
 
skateandpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: queens NYC
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveomonster
oh and btw, I guess the bolt is good but not really for me, I rarely ever get chops in the first place.
you dont chop because you dont shoot fast

with a sweet spot trigger you can get ur imagine to go pritty fast (knowing because i have one on my imagine) but not with a quantum insted of and acs bold just buy and new hopper like a revvy or an egg. and a new barrel is always a good choise
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


ICD OG #59

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


rate my freestyle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
skateandpaint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
Yea do shoot fast? is chopping when the pull-back thing in the back goes back where I cant shoot? if thats oh that happens alot, if not and itsl ike recoil, it doesnt happen alot and I have a sweet spot trigger and I shoot fast. for some reason on auto my thing goes back and I cant shoot
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,206
choppin is where the bolt breaks the paint before it can leave the barrel, which sometimes causes jams of thee bolt, which sucks, so the bolt u got decreases the amount of chops
Stan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 882
After you shoot or right when you put it on auto and shoot once?
After shooting for a while, my gun will freeze, so then I cant shoot at all. Once I put it on auto and took one shot and it shot once, then didnt recock, so I was wtf? Checked my o-rings on my striker, and sure enough, was a bad o-ring, changed it, and now my gun shoots fine.
Good luck with your game. Paintballs dont hurt that much, dont get scared. I shot my self in the hand on accident once point blank and didnt hurt that much, but I was wearing gloves. WEAR GLOVES!! They help alot. I also got shot in the elbow once, and I wear a t-shirt, and that wasnt bad. I started bleeding, but still didnt hurt that much. DONT use full auto when playing, ever! Your not suppose to, and its cheap. Also, the ACS bolt is good, but you will still have chops. Also, I dont think you will need HPA, unless you know your gonna upgrade to a better gun.
What were you thinking when you bought a Quantum? Quantums arent bad, but only get about 8 bps. If you wanna shoot faster, I suggest a Empire reloader, I love mine, and they get 13 bps, which will keep up with your Imagine.
Have fun and dont be a poor sport if you get out!
Snowsk5054 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
pink floyd>you
 
jacobeid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwedupmonkey
choppin is where the bolt breaks the paint before it can leave the barrel, which sometimes causes jams of thee bolt, which sucks, so the bolt u got decreases the amount of chops
but of course just polishing the internals would have done the same thing. Ok....before you got all that stuff you did, you should have bought a new barrel and hopper. I suggest maybe a SP progressive and a 12V revvy will be fine for now. If you don't your gonna be innacurate, and maybe still a bit of chopping with the new bolt.
__________________
mag owner #666
jacobeid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 09:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
so chopping is a ball break pretty much? I have yet to have one im probably going to return it.
yes when I have it on auto and after about a second(6-8 shots) it freezes , you know the cocker goes back and I have to recock it, I just got the gun I doubt an o-ring is broken but ill check. any other suggestionS?

nah, I dont try to cheat either, im also here for fun its not all about winning. im a good sport, and yes i wear gloves , lol if you read my story in new player it bounced off my glove.
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveomonster
so chopping is a ball break pretty much? I have yet to have one im probably going to return it.
yes when I have it on auto and after about a second(6-8 shots) it freezes , you know the cocker goes back and I have to recock it, I just got the gun I doubt an o-ring is broken but ill check. any other suggestionS?.
yea chopping is when a ball gets broken in the chamber by ur bolt, usually.

check the orings on the bolt, that might be ur problem
SupahFly21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
I have yet to get a chop then, I think im going to return it

from: snowsk5054: Also, I dont think you will need HPA, unless you know your gonna upgrade to a better gun.

what are you saying, I shouldn't buy a HPA for my spyder?
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 882
Yes, because co2 works fine on a spyder. If your gun freezes alot, get a anti-siphon tube, cuz then your gun wont freeze that much, or at all. HPA, in my mind, is a waste for a spyder, yet it is nice, cuz you wont ever freeze, also it is expensive! Air cost more than co2, and the tanks are alot of money. I say stick to the co2, unless you knowyour gonna get a cocker or something top of the line in the near future.
Snowsk5054 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 03:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 147
When you say "I think I'm going to return it" do you mean the ACS bolt? Don't return it...just because you haven't chopped yet doesn't mean you never will. You just started playing, you obviously can't pop out 13bps yet...keep the bolt, its worth it in the long run.
ImpulseDragon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
dude, but if it happens that rare I dont need it, just because im new doesn't mean im slow or whatever im fast with my trigger, also people say even with the acs bolt its not a NEVER it's just rarer.

guys, you say get air oh this is making no sense. I get different things everywhere I dont know what to do.

next,
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowsk5054
Yes, because co2 works fine on a spyder. If your gun freezes alot, get a anti-siphon tube, cuz then your gun wont freeze that much, or at all. HPA, in my mind, is a waste for a spyder, yet it is nice, cuz you wont ever freeze, also it is expensive! Air cost more than co2, and the tanks are alot of money. I say stick to the co2, unless you knowyour gonna get a cocker or something top of the line in the near future.
oh so when the pull-back thing in the back of the gun? goes back after like 6 shots , that means my gun is freezing? or not feeding fast enough? or what? I need an answer im sick of shooting 6 shots and then having to pull it back again (recock).

I think my next upgrade will be a hopper? does the eggy FORCE feed? or is it like the quantum?
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Retired
 
onesikpup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,332
egg is a gravity fed hopper.

as far as getting hpa....i dont see why not. sure a spyder runs fine on co2, but hpa is more consistant, and its one upgrade that will tramsfer over to your next marker. it also may help you with that "stopping" problem you seem to be having. my piranha used to do that until i got my tanks anti siphoned...but now i have hpa, so it dont matter.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
onesikpup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 149
When they say to get air they meant to get compressed air,hpa.Same thing.

Yor gun probably shoots like 6 shots cause your runnign out of air,just a guess.I think the egg is a semi-force feed
pballman31 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
no, I mean some people tell me to get air and some don't, no I just refilled my co2 and its doing 6 shots and then just stops and I have to recock it.

what's semi force feed?

out of thesse hoppers which one would you recommend?

ricochet ak
ricochet 2k
ricochet apache
I like the 2k because it has ball counter etc. big lcd display and crap 190 paintballs. but which one would you prefer?
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 651
if the egg is a gravity then why is it so much mroe?
steveomonster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveomonster
out of thesse hoppers which one would you recommend?

ricochet ak
ricochet 2k
ricochet apache
neither, i dont like ricochets, you can get better like an egg.
i dont know why he said its gravity feed, its not, it takes batteries and it feeds like 15 bps stock, if you need even more, for another hmm... 40? dollars you can get a zboard, which makes it up to 23 bps.
SupahFly21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Retired
 
onesikpup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,332
the reason i say its gravity fed is because there is nothing to actually force the balls downward. therefore gravity is the only reason balls fall out of the hole in the bottom. the paddles on the inside and the design of the shell are what make it feed as fast as it does.

want froce feed? get a halo b or q loader
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
onesikpup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1