ozzfest 2k5 lineup released - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old March 18th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 905
ozzfest 2k5 lineup released

http://www.ozzfest.com/bands.html

Main Stage:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
-TBA-
Shadows Fall
Black Label Society


Second Stage:
Rob Zombie
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Mastodon
A Dozen Furies
The Haunted
In Flames
Arch Enemy
The Black Dahlia Murder
Bury Your Dead
It Dies Today
Soilwork
Trivium
Ninja7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 19th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8
I'm going.. Wanna see Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Shadows Fall, and The Haunted mostly.
Uk82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
I'mma Let You Finish.
 
Wes Himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 7,445
its going to suck this year...

warped tour is going to be WAY better...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wes Himself is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWesXHimselfx
its going to suck this year...

warped tour is going to be WAY better...
KILL YOURSELF.

You DARE disgrace Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Black Label Society? My God man...you suck at music.

I would so be going...if there was one near me. I might ****ing drive/fly somewhere just to see this show (Iron Maiden...omfg.)
Pr0ph3t is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 905
i live about 20 mins away from the show in VA. i cant wait

and wes, your compairing a metal festival to a punk/punk rock festival.
Ninja7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
 
Z PYRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 6,721
that's it? no system of a down, mudvayne, lamb of god, taproot?!?!
__________________
Sometimes I think I'm crazy...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...Other times I know I'm not


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My bike^
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zpyro and armoarchangel...owning retards since 2005
Z PYRO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpyro
that's it? no system of a down, mudvayne, lamb of god, taproot?!?!
Lamb of God is touring with Slipknot.
Mudvayne will want to headline their own tour promoting their new album.
SOAD is releasing two new albums this year, they're busy working on those.
Taproot I Just don't like so I know noting about them.
Pr0ph3t is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
\m/ viking
 
charlesotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 935
old news, but maiden is still going to be amazing, they are concentrating on their first 4 albums for this tour, and you forgot to mention anthrax
charlesotis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
I'mma Let You Finish.
 
Wes Himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 7,445
Talking

ye most of this "ozzfest" this year is going to be 80's metal and Nu-Metal only one i really like on the ozzfest is KSE and Iron Maiden...

and well yeh Warped tour used to be a punk rock fest but...you havent seen it lately...its mostly hardcore and post hardcore now...


i know what im comparing... and i know what i like...ive been a member on ultimate-Guitar.com to NOT know what im talking about when it comes to My Music/ anyones elses crappy overated music.

EDIT: and if you want a Real Metal Fest...go to HellFest or.. the New England Metal Hardcore Festival...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wes Himself is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 09:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Shine on Rick Wright
 
Ugly Bassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,235
Trivium is good. I think they did a cover of For Whom the Bell Tolls
__________________
All alone, or in two's,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.
And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ugly Bassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
pink floyd>you
 
jacobeid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 2,084
I'M SO PISSED! I heard maiden was there and I said, I'm going. Plus sabbath=best show ever. But NO! I'm gonna be in France. So instead of being at a concert I'm gonna be in a country of panzies. I'm also missing skirmish because of it.....stupid panzies..
__________________
mag owner #666
jacobeid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 150
Maiden's not playing any Ozzfest shows after August 20th. So I get shafted, along with anyone else in the south/southeast.
Noyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 10:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 423
Omg Triviums gonna be there! I love that band
EverLong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWesXHimselfx
ye most of this "ozzfest" this year is going to be 80's metal and Nu-Metal only one i really like on the ozzfest is KSE and Iron Maiden...

and well yeh Warped tour used to be a punk rock fest but...you havent seen it lately...its mostly hardcore and post hardcore now...


i know what im comparing... and i know what i like...ive been a member on ultimate-Guitar.com to NOT know what im talking about when it comes to My Music/ anyones elses crappy overated music.

EDIT: and if you want a Real Metal Fest...go to HellFest or.. the New England Metal Hardcore Festival...
Are you...musically inept?

Let's see...nu metal? NO. I'll classify EVERY band on the tour for you.

Black Sabbath - Heavy Metal (NOT 80s, THEY WERE AROUND BEFORE THEN, AND AFTER THEN.)
Iron Maiden - Heavy Metal
Shadows Fall - Haven't heard much of them...sounded like generic metal
Black Label Society - Heavy Metal/Thrash Metal
Rob Zombie - Weird.
Killswitch Engage - People call them Melodic Death Metal...I call them hardcore.
As I Lay Dying - Hardcore
Mastodon - Insane metal that rocks your face off...twice.
A Dozen Furies - Never heard of em
The Haunted - Death Metal
In Flames - Most call them Melodic Death Metal
Arch Enemy - Never heard them play
Black Dahlia Murder - Melodic death metal (that's what I've heard em called)
Bury Your Dead - Hard-****ing-core
It Dies Today - Hardcore
Soilwork - Some form of metal...only heard one of their songs
Trivium - Never heard of them

There. No Nu-metal.
Pr0ph3t is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 04:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,288
Im going for sure. It's going to be ****ing bad ass this year, can't wait to see the other band on the main stage. No crappy nu metal this year either. BTW Warped Tour is gonna suck this year, hardcore. Too much emo.
paintballwhiz14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 04:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
I'm a big soft teddy bear
 
theunforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: downingtown, pennsylvania
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0ph3t
Are you...musically inept?

Let's see...nu metal? NO. I'll classify EVERY band on the tour for you.

Black Sabbath - Heavy Metal (NOT 80s, THEY WERE AROUND BEFORE THEN, AND AFTER THEN.)
Iron Maiden - Heavy Metal
Shadows Fall - Haven't heard much of them...sounded like generic metal
Black Label Society - Heavy Metal/Thrash Metal
Rob Zombie - Weird.
Killswitch Engage - People call them Melodic Death Metal...I call them hardcore.
As I Lay Dying - Hardcore
Mastodon - Insane metal that rocks your face off...twice.
A Dozen Furies - Never heard of em
The Haunted - Death Metal
In Flames - Most call them Melodic Death Metal
Arch Enemy - Never heard them play
Black Dahlia Murder - Melodic death metal (that's what I've heard em called)
Bury Your Dead - Hard-****ing-core
It Dies Today - Hardcore
Soilwork - Some form of metal...only heard one of their songs
Trivium - Never heard of them

There. No Nu-metal.
a dozen furies won the battle for ozzfest...

though manntis should have won..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FAVORITE OVERALL MEMBER 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
theunforgiven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,997
Ew, battle for ozzfest.
Pr0ph3t is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
I'mma Let You Finish.
 
Wes Himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 7,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballwhiz14
Im going for sure. It's going to be ****ing bad ass this year, can't wait to see the other band on the main stage. No crappy nu metal this year either. BTW Warped Tour is gonna suck this year, hardcore. Too much emo.

too much emo? no im sorry sir you clearly havent looked at the list... yes there are many hardcore/metalcore bands on the warped this year...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wes Himself is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
I'mma Let You Finish.
 
Wes Himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 7,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0ph3t
Are you...musically inept?

Iron Maiden - Heavy Metal
Killswitch Engage - People call them Melodic Death Metal...I call them hardcore.
As I Lay Dying - Hardcore
Mastodon - Insane metal that rocks your face off...twice.
A Dozen Furies - Never heard of em
In Flames - Most call them Melodic Death Metal

Black Dahlia Murder - Melodic death metal (that's what I've heard em called)
Bury Your Dead - Hard-****ing-core
It Dies Today - Hardcore
there i edited your list down to the only good bands...

and iron maiden isnt heavy metal maybe...80's metal...

and rob zombie is nu-metal so is marrilyn manson...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wes Himself is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
I'mma Let You Finish.
 
Wes Himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 7,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0ph3t
Ew, battle for ozzfest.

ewe, Hair Metal.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wes Himself is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 06:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 61
All the way in West Palm Beach. I can't make it to that.

That blows..because a lot of REALLY kickass bands are going to be there..EXCEPT In Flames and Shadows Fall..I don't like them.
Rellik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 06:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,997
Iron Maiden is classified Heavy Metal. They are NOT 80's Metal. 80's Metal is stereotypical (GnR, Poison..etc) 80's Metal was Glam Rock/Hair Metal/Whatever, NOT what Iron Maiden was.
Pr0ph3t is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 07:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
\m/ viking
 
charlesotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
All the way in West Palm Beach. I can't make it to that.

That blows..because a lot of REALLY kickass bands are going to be there..EXCEPT In Flames and Shadows Fall..I don't like them.

i agree about in flames and shadows fall, except i like old in flames
charlesotis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWesXHimselfx
too much emo? no im sorry sir you clearly havent looked at the list... yes there are many hardcore/metalcore bands on the warped this year...
The All-American Rejects
Fall Out Boy
MxPx
Matchbook Romance
My Chemical Romance

Probably more, but idk my emo bands. Not enough punk rock there.
paintballwhiz14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 10:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesotis
i agree about in flames and shadows fall, except i like old in flames
The Jester Race
Whoracle
Clayman
Colony
Black Ash Inheritance

The best In Flames albums ever.
Pr0ph3t is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1