set it straight (for those of you envolved in the hardcore scene) - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old November 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 731
set it straight (for those of you envolved in the hardcore scene)

well last night was set it straights last show. it was absolute insanity and at the same time quite sad. They played with killing the dream, allegiance, and like 7 other bands, im not sure if any of you guys are straight edge (well, truely edge) but most of the bigger bands there were wich was cool. also the singer from betrayed who was also the guitarist from champion (one of the biggest straight edge bands of my time. im only 18.) was there wich was very cool. many of you guys may not know or care about what im talking about, but i just thought id share. pics and vids will be floating around soon.
Mr.McManus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
shine on.
 
big_balla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: back in wisco
Posts: 10,745
Straight edge as in no smoking drinking or sexing underage?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
big_balla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
<a href="http://www.picoo
 
kant_think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,251
No underage sexing or drinking? Preposterous.
kant_think is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 731
straight edge is mostly about self discipline and improvement. it entails not smoking, drinking, no drugs and no promiscuous sex. so like no hooking up with random chicks and parties (not that you would find me at a party anymore lol), and if you are in a relationship, its your not supposed to have sex until you can comfortably say you love them. age doesnt really matter, some people like to make minor changes or add things to the lifestyle depending on why they are edge or whatever.
Mr.McManus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
D_Smalls
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
yeah straight edge is really lame.
its fine if you wanna not do those things.. but not doing them in the name of being straight edge is pathetic. do it for yourself and lose the faggy label.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Smalls View Post
yeah straight edge is really lame.
its fine if you wanna not do those things.. but not doing them in the name of being straight edge is pathetic. do it for yourself and lose the faggy label.
see thats exactly what i ment when i said "truely edge" and to directly call it lame is simply childish. i used to smoke a pack a day, a dub a day, and drink every weekend, then i realized what it was doing for me. absolutely nothing. my father is an alcoholic smoker and my mom is addicted to pills. thats why im straight edge, because i see how that **** destroys lives. so dont talk **** about my choices, i dont call smoking or drinking lame, it just wasnt doin much for me. i can easily say "dont smoke and drink to fit in with everyone else.. thats ****ing lame." but i dont.

im edge for my ****ing self thank you.
Mr.McManus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
hotty supreme
 
rustyness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,265
he's not bashing your choices of not doing them, he just says the fact that you feel the need to label yourself edge is lame. there is a difference between the two.

and i find the definition of straight edge changes for every person and can't really take it too seriously; but maybe that's because none of the straight edge kids i know really stick to it.. especially that whole promiscuous sex deal.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rustyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
D_Smalls
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.McManus View Post
im edge for my ****ing self thank you.
congrats. i still think its gay that people feel the need to call themselves straight edge and adopt the edge scene as the basis for thier identity.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
D_Smalls
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.McManus View Post
i can easily say "dont smoke and drink to fit in with everyone else.. thats ****ing lame." but i dont.
you might as well. I'd agree with you. I think it's ****ing lame for the same reasons.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
kills jihad on contact
 
riotpolice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: michigan
Posts: 352
i can see the smokeing smokeing being bad my grandpa is dieing of that and my grandma died of that to.......but i cant see why the underage sex and the drinking are bad
riotpolice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Smalls View Post
you might as well. I'd agree with you. I think it's ****ing lame for the same reasons.
but i wont because it doesnt accomplish anything other than making me look like a douche, saying you simply dont agree with something and calling it lame are to different things IMO. straight edge to me is more like a motivation to keep on the track i know is right for me, i dont think im better than anyone else and im not cocky about it. as far as kids not sticking to it, thats a shame clearly they are doing it for different reasons, and i totally aggree that people change things around. as far as the sex is concerned, i take that very seriously. sex can complicate alot of relationships because people rush it. im not a virgin, but i wasnt edge when i was with my last girlfriend. ive been with my girlfriend now for close to five months and still havent told her i loved her thus we have not had sex, she isnt edge, untill recently she actually drank, but we both respected each others choices in lifstyles so it worked. but i like to stick to the aspects surrounding straight edge from the 80's in DC and so-cal. some people claim edge as a way to fit it to a group, to have a sense of belonging, and thats not what im about. people do it for different reasons thats very clear, but i take it very seriously unlike some and im very proud. regardless of how "lame" anyone thinks it is.
Mr.McManus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotpolice View Post
i can see the smokeing smokeing being bad my grandpa is dieing of that and my grandma died of that to.......but i cant see why the underage sex and the drinking are bad
again age plays no roll its promiscuity. and i dont say drinking and all that is bad since it affects many people differently, i just dont like it personally because my dad is a raging alcoholic who has put the bottle before his family several times and i hated the way it affected me.
Mr.McManus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mspainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ct
Posts: 4,452
Religious reasons on the sex part. Underage drinking would be bad because drinking kills brain cells.

Anyway, I agree with Smalls. However, I recently (3 months ago) began smoking. Now before you say anything, realize that I have only done it 3 times as well. One time a month. Drinking, I have sampled a few liquors. Just for taste reasons, I have never been drunk.

Now, has his destroyed my life? No. Could it eventually? If I let it. The thing I don't get about straight edge is that you are showing self control. I am showing self control by no destroying my life with these substances right?

I am really tired right now because i have slept 4 hours in the last 48, but I hope you can understand what I am saying. It could be possible that I am to tired to completely express where I am going. Im pretty sure you get where i am going.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Dual booting Windows XP Pro and Linux (Ubuntu) FTW!


Quote:
but i am a bored retard.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


mspainter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspainter View Post
Religious reasons on the sex part. Underage drinking would be bad because drinking kills brain cells.

Anyway, I agree with Smalls. However, I recently (3 months ago) began smoking. Now before you say anything, realize that I have only done it 3 times as well. One time a month. Drinking, I have sampled a few liquors. Just for taste reasons, I have never been drunk.

Now, has his destroyed my life? No. Could it eventually? If I let it. The thing I don't get about straight edge is that you are showing self control. I am showing self control by no destroying my life with these substances right?

I am really tired right now because i have slept 4 hours in the last 48, but I hope you can understand what I am saying. It could be possible that I am to tired to completely express where I am going. Im pretty sure you get where i am going.

i never said trying it or doing things in moderation will ruin your life, but i have seen how moderation turns to excess and how substances like drugs and alcohol can diminish ones self control . i personally found my self too reliant on **** like that and only at age 16/17 and i wasnt okay with it. i personally couldnt control my drinking habbits (one always led to another) and i was smoking a pack a day. and seeing how similar my habbits were to my verbally abusive alcoholic fathers was enough to motivate me to try to do something about it. so i went edge, i did it for the positive and clean lifstyle and i happen to love the music more than anything. so its a win win for me and thats all that matters.
Mr.McManus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mspainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ct
Posts: 4,452
Just out of curiosity how old do you think i am?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Dual booting Windows XP Pro and Linux (Ubuntu) FTW!


Quote:
but i am a bored retard.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


mspainter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspainter View Post
Just out of curiosity how old do you think i am?
what difference does it make?

15 16 17 idk, i dont have much to go by.
Mr.McManus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mspainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ct
Posts: 4,452
Nice guess. I actually am 16. Anyway, you said that when you were 16/17 you got into smoking and drinking and you decided it was bad (which i think it is on a regular basis).

How were you when you realized you should stop and how old are you now?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Dual booting Windows XP Pro and Linux (Ubuntu) FTW!


Quote:
but i am a bored retard.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


mspainter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 731
when i was 16/17 i was past getting into it. i was full blown addicted to cigarettes and bud. and was drinking every time i found a reason to and im 18 now (as i stated earlier) and was 18 when i decided i couldnt take that **** anymore. the problem is sooooo many people my age are in the same boat i was 2 years go and they have the same kind of eye opening moment(s), but they blow it off and blow it off until its 100Xharder to do something about. and NO im not saying this will happen to you or that it happens to everyone who smokes weed or drinks or whatever, but i have seen it happen to friends and i found my self headed in the same direction.
Mr.McManus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Allen
 
Pierced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bossier City, Louisiana
Posts: 5,718
Blog Entries: 1
Play nice dammit!
__________________
1993 RCSB - project/DD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
Pierced is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
This Is Sparta!!!
 
nickxjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.McManus View Post
. i was full blown addicted to bud
Not possible.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nickxjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mspainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ct
Posts: 4,452
Don't pull that card, it actually is possible. Tobacco will get you addicted because of chemical agents in it and what not. However, weed can mentally get a person addicted. Just like you get addicted to *******, PbF, or even gambling.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Dual booting Windows XP Pro and Linux (Ubuntu) FTW!


Quote:
but i am a bored retard.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


mspainter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Supporting Turtle
 
BlueShox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 2,967
Blog Entries: 2
Christ dudes give the guy a break.


Mr. McManus, I'm proud of you for making those changes in your life. Being "straight edge" is a big and hard decision to make, and for most who stay in the scene, it makes for a lot of temptation and room for error. For one who stays truly straight edge, I have a lot of mad props.

Just don't write Xs on your hands all the time, it's best not to brag about how much more self control you have than everyone else
-Blue
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BlueShox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
shine on.
 
big_balla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: back in wisco
Posts: 10,745
Cigarettes are physically addicting, bud is not. I agree alcohol, cigarettes and mass consumption shouldn't be put in the same sentence but it's all about choice.

And you saying you're straight edge for yourself and not because it's a scene, just look at the thread title. I got a chuckle.

I respect your choice, btw.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
big_balla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 05:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,110
Its your choice...

But ponder this... In a few billion years, this planet and everything on it are going to be vaporized. **** it might happen tomorrow.

Smoking pot makes me feel good. Yeah I can feel good by going for a run or climbing a 4,000 footer, but I'd so much rather smoke a bowl and climb a mountain. Ya dig?

To anybody who is a victim of society: If you wear expensive clothes and lead a flamboyant lifestyle that fits the ideals of MTV and hollywood, I am truly sorry for you. I don't understand how anybody can do anything for any other reason then because they want to.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Alpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
olddfatbulldog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I smoke cigs to be cool.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1