My brother and I are thinking about getting notebook sized laptops for school. He has his tablet PC, but it's a little large and fragile for carrying in a backpack. Therefore, he want to give that to our mother and get a smaller and more durable one for himself. I just want one because my laptop is too big to carry around and it would be nice to surf PBF...er..I mean...take notes...in class.
It wont be used for any real gaming, just internet, e-mail, Microsoft office, and playing DVD's on long car rides.
So what do you guys reccomend?
This is my list of features I want:
1. DVD/CD writer drive
2. Windows operating system with Office 2007
3. A fingerprint scanner (I have this on my home PC and love it)
4. Built in LAN/bluetooth (built in WAN would be neat too)
5. Built in camera (not really neccisary, but nice to have)
6. Built in reader for SD cards
7. Needs to be durable enough for carrying everyday
For price, we would like to keep it around $600-$800 a piece, but I'll go up to $1,000 each, if that's what it takes for quality.
Any ideas? I was going to take a ride over to Best Buy tomorrow and look around.
Edit: I forgot to mention. My current laptop has a 1.99Ghz AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor with 512MB of Ram...so as long as it's as fast as that or faster I don't really care about the speed. I like AMD processors, but it seems like Intel has the faster stuff out now, so I don't really care about the type of processor either.