You vs Him?-Read! - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old April 16th, 2004, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 388
You vs Him?-Read!

allrighty, ive got a project i have to do for my history class. and i need to kno the following:

If you consider yourself to be a republican, read this, if you dont, skip this paragraph.
Answer the following questions republicans:
1. What is a republican?
2. What are the key issues in the upcoming presidential election?
3. Why will your party win the next presidential election?

If you consider yourself to be a democrat, answer these questions
1. What is a democrat?
2. What are the key issues in the upcoming presidential election?
3. Why will your party win the next presidential election?

this is kinda stupid but, o well.
mehdiballer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,280
Wrong forum.
Xley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 388
umm, no its not. paintball chat. its chatty things. y dont u scroll down and post in the new nickname thread and tell them. so otherwise, its not the wrong forum.
mehdiballer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 833
ACTUALLY it is the wrong forum, "paintball chat" is what this is, and obviously this is homework stuff so it would belong in the lounge
SWATORNOT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jabroni Scorpion
 
Grungydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hawaii (it isn't as cool as you think)
Posts: 164
Yup, someone will come along and move it.
__________________
Get Grungy----
email-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
My Marker-
WGP Orracle, Dye stickies 3,Kapp Delrin Detent, Kapp F/X Beavertail, Halo or EggII, Unimount, 68/45 Centerflag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Grungydan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 177
Democrat- well i hate the term because it is to loos instead i will define liberal (the platform on which the Democratic party is based on.) A liberal is one who believes that the phrase we the people is one that holds no limitations and thus applies the rights of the constitution to all. The Liberal generally supports minorities and the working class as well as improving the environment.

Important issues are Gay rights/marraige, Tax cuts, and Education reform as well as repairing international affiliations.

Democrats will or should win the election because bush's slaughtering of many international relationships due to a personal vendetta was unjust. Also because the republican party began with negative adds before a democratic cantidate was officially named.
punkandpaint830 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
HP_lovecraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,591
Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by mehdiballer
allrighty, ive got a project i have to do for my history class. and i need to kno the following:

If you consider yourself to be a republican, read this, if you dont, skip this paragraph.
Answer the following questions republicans:
1. What is a republican?
2. What are the key issues in the upcoming presidential election?
3. Why will your party win the next presidential election?
I'm actually Libertarian, but I suppose thats similar to Republican (the same way that Greens are sorta Democrats).

1- Someone who believes it taken responsability for ones OWN actions. Government serves the people, not the other way around. These are the core fundementals.

2- Security, Economy, credability.

3- Bush will win, though I'm voting Libertarian.
Kerry has WAY to many skeletons that he is brushing off right now. He can not do that forever. The current attitude of liberals is "I don't like Kerry, but he is our best choice to beat bush".
This attitude will prevent these types from bothering to vote, and which is polls are ALWAYS skewed incorrectly to the left.
Liberals are less likely to vote then conservatives.

Kerry was putting all of his eggs into the economy, and that has about killed him. I expect him to do another 360 on Iraq to salvage his hopes.

nick
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_lovecraft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 177
Re: Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by HP_lovecraft
I'm actually Libertarian, but I suppose thats similar to Republican (the same way that Greens are sorta Democrats).

1- Someone who believes it taken responsability for ones OWN actions. Government serves the people, not the other way around. These are the core fundementals.

2- Security, Economy, credability.

3- Bush will win, though I'm voting Libertarian.
Kerry has WAY to many skeletons that he is brushing off right now. He can not do that forever. The current attitude of liberals is "I don't like Kerry, but he is our best choice to beat bush".
This attitude will prevent these types from bothering to vote, and which is polls are ALWAYS skewed incorrectly to the left.
Liberals are less likely to vote then conservatives.

Kerry was putting all of his eggs into the economy, and that has about killed him. I expect him to do another 360 on Iraq to salvage his hopes.

nick
Just to add to this as well as add to mine. Kerry is not largly expected top win because Bush is an incumbent. However G H W Bush lost as an incumbent. Kerry is not the best liberal the reason he won the promaries is because none of the big ones are running. it is far more likly that if bush wins in 04 then in 08 many strong Liberals will make the run because Bush will be a lame duck. 08 also shows promise to be the first time a woman made a strong run at the presidency. The woman of course is Hillary Clinton. IMO a good way for the Democrats to increase the number of voters who come out would be to run Clinton as Kerry's V.P. i realize this is unlikly and the cantidate will most likely br New Mexico's Governor (the idea of which is to win the enormously important hispanic/latino vote.)

Also just to clearify it for those who dont know

Libertarian/Republican= Conservative

Green/Democrat= Liberal
punkandpaint830 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
HP_lovecraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,591
Re: Re: Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by punkandpaint830
08 also shows promise to be the first time a woman made a strong run at the presidency. The woman of course is Hillary Clinton. IMO a good way for the Democrats to increase the number of voters who come out would be to run Clinton as Kerry's V.P.
I think your exactly right.
Ms Clinton wants to be president, and this stint as a NY senator is just part of that plan.

She is VERY popular with the extreme left, but I don't think it would help the party since the people that would vote for her would probobly never vote republican anyway.

Now, if it was Ms Clinton vs Ms Dole?

That would be tough.

Nick
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_lovecraft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 177
My reasoning behind her running for the V.P. in 04 was not to get the extreme left who would likly vote for Kerry or possibly the green party cantidate but to carry the minority vote as well as the youth vote. Polls show that the youth support many things that their parents do not including full and complete equality of the sexes. Also it has been seen that minorities and leagal immigrants trust a woman more than a man and are more likly to vote for the female.

Yes Clinton Used the New York senate seat as a stepping stone. If she didnt intend to move on from being a senator she would've instead run in Arkansas. Instead she chose new york (one of the states often considered key to winning the presidency.)

As far as Clinton V.S. Dole that would be interesting. How ever i believe that Clinton would win due to the fact that she is far more widly known. She speant 8 years in the white house where her name common in much of the countries political conversation.
punkandpaint830 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 10:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 388
any1 else...
mehdiballer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,571
Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by mehdiballer
1. What is a republican?
A republican is a conservative who believes in smaller government, and more freedom. It's actually the Republicans, though few know it, who support the minorities more; we were founded by civil rights activists, and we were the first to support women's suffrage.

Quote:
Originally posted by mehdiballer
2. What are the key issues in the upcoming presidential election?
Gay rights, taxes, gun control, flip-flopping (not exactly an issue, but Kerry does it a lot), military (Iraq).

Quote:
Originally posted by mehdiballer
3. Why will your party win the next presidential election?
The Democratic candidate is a complete idiot who changes his opinion based on the audience he is speaking to, he does not support the troops in Iraq, and he's completely anti-war.


Also, in 08, I think Condoleeza Rice could be convinced to run, and she'd win in a landslide.
rory096 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 244
Re: Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by rory096
Also, in 08, I think Condoleeza Rice could be convinced to run, and she'd win in a landslide.
maxsilver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,571
Re: Re: Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by maxsilver
what?
rory096 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 04:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 98
Re: Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by rory096
The Democratic candidate is a complete idiot who changes his opinion based on the audience he is speaking to, he does not support the troops in Iraq, and he's completely anti-war.
agreed....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fishface313 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 905
um im independent, i care about issues, not what party the candidate is.
Ninja7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 388
thanx people
mehdiballer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 177
Re: Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by rory096
The Democratic candidate is a complete idiot who changes his opinion based on the audience he is speaking to, he does not support the troops in Iraq, and he's completely anti-war.


Also, in 08, I think Condoleeza Rice could be convinced to run, and she'd win in a landslide.
First off being Anti War doesnt make some one an idiot. Also if you payed attention he supports our troops. You are a poor unfortunate victim of conservative propaganda and negative adds. Please go out read the facts and formulate your own opinions.

Second Condeleeza Rice will not run. Have you seen her approval ratings. they suck. She would not win by a land slide. She would be extremely lucky to even get the nomination.

Please support your statements with facts especially the ones abot what a republican is.
punkandpaint830 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,571
Re: Re: Re: You vs Him?-Read!

Quote:
Originally posted by punkandpaint830
First off being Anti War doesnt make some one an idiot. Also if you payed attention he supports our troops. You are a poor unfortunate victim of conservative propaganda and negative adds. Please go out read the facts and formulate your own opinions.

Second Condeleeza Rice will not run. Have you seen her approval ratings. they suck. She would not win by a land slide. She would be extremely lucky to even get the nomination.

Please support your statements with facts especially the ones abot what a republican is.
My definition of republican is accurate. Perhaps you should check your facts?

I didn't say he's an idiot BECAUSE he's anti-war, I said he's an idiot AND he's anti-war.

You are a poor unfortunate victim of liberal propaganda and negative adds. (Actually ads) Please go out read the facts and formulate your own opinions.

Please show me these bad approval ratings of Ms. Rice. I don't believe it, I want proof.
rory096 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1