John Kerry needs to stop changeing his mind. - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old July 30th, 2004, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 239
John Kerry needs to stop changeing his mind.

hey check out these quotes and correct me if im wrong on any of them.

"Now I know there are those who criticize me for seeing complexities - and I do - because some issues just aren't all that simple. Saying there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq doesn't make it so. Saying we can fight a war on the cheap doesn't make it so. And proclaiming mission accomplished certainly doesn't make it so."
Sen John F. Kerry (D, MA), July 29, 2004

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002.

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction. "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.
plasticsamurai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 716
Bahaha...
Cerebeus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 239
Also im aware that some of the quotes are from when evryone seemed to be a bush supporter. But still.
plasticsamurai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
D_Smalls
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
how old are you?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,299
yeah, iv'e read those quotes before, those quotes about supportting bush's rampage were said when bush tried to make it incredibly evident the saddam was such a HUGE threat to us. which he wasn't. there are two sides to every coin. bush no better, worse in my opinion. im not going to get into an argument though, it;s to late for me to think. thinking sucks.
bob005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 757
It is a complex issue, when Kerry voted for the war he was acting on behalf of his constituants.. of which I am one. We all thought Saddam had WMD and was talking to Bin Laden.. why? Because Bush, Powell, and the CIA told us so.

Now kerry is acting on behalf of all of America as a potential president.
braka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 12:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 239
D smalls 16, and i know thats young to alot of people but that dosent meen that i dont have an opinion.
plasticsamurai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 12:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braka
It is a complex issue, when Kerry voted for the war he was acting on behalf of his constituants.. of which I am one. We all thought Saddam had WMD and was talking to Bin Laden.. why? Because Bush, Powell, and the CIA told us so.

Now kerry is acting on behalf of all of America as a potential president.
exactly, he's changed his mind no more than any other american
bob005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 12:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
don't drop the soap
 
Gabriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 3,895
Yah I don't really like Kerry but these quotes are perfectly normal. Kerry believed that there were really tons of WMD because that's what it seemed like back then. Now it's proven there weren't many at all. Although I'd like to think that the CIA lied instead of Bush. It's a tough call.
__________________
**** it all
Gabriot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 02:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 239
personaly i dont realy like Bush or Kerry. but in my opinion bush is a better choice.

but atleast nether of them can do worse than clinton.
plasticsamurai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 08:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 250
Whats that, Give the Economy a boost and accumulate an actual Tax Surplus?
Grangalan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 09:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gates Boxing Club
 
Spudchucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 7,065
http://www.drudgereport.com/kerryv.htm

baahahaha
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spudchucker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticsamurai
D smalls 16, and i know thats young to alot of people but that dosent meen that i dont have an opinion.
d smalls was born in 88, that makes him about the same age as you
braka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 579
personally i dont like kerry
i still thinks hes unsteady changing his mind to please the people
bush did the right thing imho

they one up bush with sept 11 because "he could have stopped it"
it wasnt his fault, he coulndnt have done anything about it, the others who had reports and could have foreseen this are the idiots for not using there imagination and reporting this

these are my opinions
dont like em forget em
Zeotranatix is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 03:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
That's Hot
 
DuoDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Logan, UT
Posts: 3,914
Thumbs up

IMO Kerry sucks. I'm definitely a Republican (because I'm conservative, not necessarily because I agree with everything Bush does) but I watched the Democratic national convention this past week and I laughed so hard at the hot air that Clinton, Kerry, Edwards (and their wives, to name a few) said, almost the point of making the popcorn I was eating come out of my nostrils.

Example- Kerry and Edwards both keep saying "America is great/America is a beacon to the world/I have a dream......etc" yet they don't say the steps they will get to alleviate the economic slowdown, the war on terror's heavy toll, foreign relations and vice versa. In old Democratic Conventions people would present their platform and people would vote on it. Not so here, instead it's basically rigged ahead of time and it's all one big party where corporate spending and after-hours parties abound.

Another hipocrisy that Edwards (and Kerry, especially) pointed out is that the campaigning is becoming quite dirty. Edwards said "The opposition is running a campaign of slander and negative feelings, and we want to take that out of politics." Yet in that and the following phrases, about his so-called "Southern values" he's blasting Bush in the same negative way he says should stop. Idiot.

I was especially proud of Rudy Gulliani when I heard him speaking on CNN two days ago. He said "Kerry's talk of making the war on terror "work" are nothing but hot air. Bush is the ONLY one that has been consistent- he's been there full-force when the war is both popular and unpopular with the American people and it all comes down to whether the people of this nation want a consistent leader or someone who changes to every breeze from special-interest groups."

AMEN.
__________________
-----SHAZAAM!-----
Xbox Live: DuoDSG
DuoDSG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 04:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
i play for keeps
 
dhill0413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 7,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangalan
Whats that, Give the Economy a boost and accumulate an actual Tax Surplus?
Oh you mean when the economy was at a low when he came into office so the only place to go was up?

The economy goes up and down, its unpreventable, to a degree. At the end of Clinton's term it was up, and guess what he did, he signed the North American Free Trade Alliance into effect.

NAFTA, you ask? It is one of the worst things to ever happen to America's economy. It helped the downward slope of the economy after Clinton's term, and with a few other things Clinton did(someone insert examples here), Clinton set up the economy to go down.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Model 98

All these guns are gone. One by thief, two by fire. The memories persist.
dhill0413 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 05:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 757
Anyone who reads My Pet Goat with such passion deserves my vote
braka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 07:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
don't drop the soap
 
Gabriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 3,895
You know what's gay is whoever is the next president the economy is going to go up, because that's just how it works. Anyone that says Clinton is the reason for the economic boom in his term is either ignorant, and idiot, or a combonation of the two. He said he had all these plans to get the economy back and rolling, then once he becomes president he's like: "Oh, well I guess the economy worked itself back up no need for these plans." Yah nice job lying there Willy cept since your a democrat the media won't hound you for your lies.

You are right however if you say that Clinton is part of the reason for the economic downfall.

But yah the economy will go up the next 8 years reguardless of who's president it's just how it works.
__________________
**** it all
Gabriot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 08:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wheeeeee!
 
Shytkicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Schaumburg, IL (German for "foam castle," apparently...)
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriot
But yah the economy will go up the next 8 years reguardless of who's president it's just how it works.
Yeah. That would explain the Great Depression in a jiffy.

The only reason the economy fluctuates on a cycle like that is because people only vote for the economically stronger president when the economy is THE big issue. At the end of the Clinton administration, was anybody saying "y'know, we're going to NEED a president who actually pays for the stuff he does"? Hell no. We had a surplus. And so, people were more concerned about issues of social, not fiscal, policy.

As it stands, many republicans are abstaining from the Bush vote already. Why? Because even Ronald Reagan knew when to quit spending, or when to admit that he'd lowered taxes too much to sustain a good economy.

Even then, Reaganomics is only a temporary fix if it is to work. Which is why we saw the big imaginary numbers kind of peter off durring the Bush Sr. administration. Tax stimulation works. But not if you try to make it permenant. Why? Because everyone suddenly has more money. How long do you think it takes for the supply-side to up their prices accordingly? And suddenly, we've gained dollars, but lost spending value.

And that's today's secret word: inflation.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shytkicker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
JG.
Senior Member
 
JG.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alabama.
Posts: 2,285
Does anyone think kerry sounds like the guy from 3rd rock from the sun? I think his name is dick. IMO they sound just alike.

But anyway... When kerry got out of the war he burned his gay purple hearts and now he acts like hes so great for getting them.
JG. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 239
john lithgow(sp?) and no.

i think he looks like herman muster.
plasticsamurai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 11:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 912
John Kerry is a little b**ch. GO BUSH!!!!
Bubbahotep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 11:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 239
well then your so gung-ho about hateing kerry that you only say hes BS.
plasticsamurai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 11:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytkicker
Even then, Reaganomics is only a temporary fix if it is to work. Which is why we saw the big imaginary numbers kind of peter off durring the Bush Sr. administration. Tax stimulation works. But not if you try to make it permenant. Why? Because everyone suddenly has more money. How long do you think it takes for the supply-side to up their prices accordingly? And suddenly, we've gained dollars, but lost spending value.

And that's today's secret word: inflation.
Woah woah woah! Are you saying that we lose money when we put it back in the system? The government spends money, too. Just because we give it to the people doesn't mean that we suddenly created more money. (Now deficit spending is a different matter.) Have you seen massive price raising thanks to the tax refund? People don't think "Well, I got a tax refund, so I don't mind higher prices." It's all in the mindset.

Inflation is caused by several things, but tax cutting isn't one of them.
HippoMaster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2004, 01:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoMaster
Woah woah woah! Are you saying that we lose money when we put it back in the system? The government spends money, too. Just because we give it to the people doesn't mean that we suddenly created more money. (Now deficit spending is a different matter.) Have you seen massive price raising thanks to the tax refund? People don't think "Well, I got a tax refund, so I don't mind higher prices." It's all in the mindset.

Inflation is caused by several things, but tax cutting isn't one of them.
You don't have to create money to spur inflation. Inflation can happen when demand increases, and, when given money people generally choose to spend rather than save. This increase in spending justifies an increase in supply, but also an increase in price as the overhead grows as well.

Again inflation is the key. "New" jobs have been created, earnings and spending are up, but inflation equalizes the growth. The top 2% have a yacht twice as large as their old one, the top 50% might be driving a lexus instead of a toyota, but the bottom 20% are still living paycheck to paycheck.
braka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1