September 21st, 2006, 11:13 PM
Join Date: Aug 1992
Originally Posted by counterstrike53
Due to recent experiences (money tree dying, paintball fun-levels declining, guns breaking, ect) im seriously wanting a pump right now.
I used to be able to go to the field, spend 70 or 80 dollars for a days worth of playing, and in the end truely think it was worth all the money. Well due to my lack of interest in paintball lately, i dont think that its worth it anymore. its the same routine every time I go ballin: Arrive. Guns immediatly have issues. Spend first half hour fixing gun. Get gun(s) working, shoot some people up, because the noobs wont have a chance, guns dont work right soon afterwards. Watch my entree fee money go down the drain while wasting time fixing gun. Finally fix gun again. shoot a few more people. leave. feel bad that i spent 80 dollars to play 10 games, 5 of which with a broken gun, in an 8 hour period.
i just spend 140 dollars overhauling my timmy, and now my shocker needs a new noid. perfect. im sick of the guns breaking.
Im thinking about fixing my shocker to sell it, so i can use some of the money to buy a super nice phantom, but first i have a few questions.
1) Where do you get them at? lol dumb question probably, but i can't find them anywhere online or at my proshops.
2) I kinda want to use a regular air source, not the 12 grams. is there any way to do this? Can i use a high output nitro tank? How many shots would i expect to get off a 45/45?
3) How much does a nice phantom cost? Also what kind would you recomend?
4) Where do you get that velocity adjuster rod/thing from? Does one come with a phantom?
5) Do you think switching to pump will give me the challenge i need and the dependability and cost cutting too?
1. Wevopaintball.com, stockclassforum.com (go to message board and bst), bunkerboyz.com/phog (bst), pbnation.com
In that order.
2. 3.5 ounce tank. Also availiable from wevo. It's the way to go.
3. $200 to $250. I reccomend VSC. 15 round feed tube, vertical air, 45 grip. Perfect for 3.5 ounce tank set ups, and you can run a bottomline too.
4. I think so, but if not they cost like $5 from wevo, I bought an extra one just in case.
So to recap...
If you want new, go all out on a good phantom, tank, and accesories from wevo.
If used, buy off of a bst in a package deal, most are $200, many come with 3.5 ounce tank, velocity adjuster, multiple set ups (direct feed and stock feed), and many other goodies.