My A5 with a few goodies. - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old December 24th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
My A5 with a few goodies.

I know this is not a big Milsim forum, but what the heck.

Here is my A-5

Opsgear UMP shroud
Opsgear MP5 gas thru mag
3" barrel (Makes LOTS of noise....hehehe)
E-grip
Custom made aluminum trigger
X-7 front sight and hopper
Weathered finish
BSA red dot





Here is a picture with my homemade dishka (that's the goofy looking cone over the barrel to make it even louder)

ImHUGEnJAPAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Paintball?
 
TheAznInvazn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Purdue
Posts: 7,646
The only performance upgrade was the e-grip, and they're over priced.

1/10
__________________

Quote:
boobies are good, but i don't like pepperoni nipples.
Quote:
Not AZN level price, there's not too many electro markers priced at the same level as the Talon.
TheAznInvazn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 14,001
ya i see more preformance downgrades than upgrades, so i am going to split up my rating

form = 4/10 that shroud just makes it look even bulkyer, and the weathered look just looks like you bought it used and then used it more, makes it look old and tired, like a rental marker, if i saw that dishka on someones marker on the field i would laugh

function = 1/10 there are a lot more things that make it worse than out of the box, the shroud makes it heavier (and harder to work on) a 3" barrel will not give you much accuracy even if you are using great paint, scopes are pointless, espeshally if you have a 3" barrel, making it louder just tells everyone where you are on the field, stealth is much more of an advantage than "HEY IM OVER HERE!!!"
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


^^^If you are new, click here^^^


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^^ Putting together your tool bag?? Click here! ^^^
Trbo323 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 24th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,032
I give it a 9/10 for the fun factor I used to own an A5 with a 3" barrel the accuracy wasn't hurt by the short barrel and the eardrum shredding volume was a ton of fun. Not everyone likes to hide either there are plenty of woods and scenario players that are the equivalent of a speedball front player and as stupid as it sounds there are lots of newbies roaming woods fields that panic when they hear a loud marker. I would get tons of surrenders from newbies just from blasting away at their bunkers and slowly moving up it saved a lot of time mopping up campers.
Crawdaddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 02:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12
10/10 1)ITS A TIPPMANN 2)you must rate performance AND looks
__________________
i wanna see the marma sets

no

but...

no

*thinks*ok if u see one draw me a picture...AND STICK IN UR MOMS TIGHTS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

are we there yet?

no

are we there yet?

no!

are we there yet?

NO!

were are we going?

^^ lol
Glen:( is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Paintball?
 
TheAznInvazn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Purdue
Posts: 7,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen:( View Post
10/10 1)ITS A TIPPMANN 2)you must rate performance AND looks
You didn't rate the performance or looks either, you just said "it's a tippmann"

1/10
Tippmanns are huge gas hogs, heavy, and the only "upgrade" is the e-grip. The internals aren't even polished.

The shroud makes the A-5 even harder to work on, looks ugly, and adds weight.
__________________

Quote:
boobies are good, but i don't like pepperoni nipples.
Quote:
Not AZN level price, there's not too many electro markers priced at the same level as the Talon.
TheAznInvazn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12
its looks awesome...and BTW if u caome up with a better woodsball gun then tell me.....no dont 'cause i know the answer!there is none!10/10 for being homeade....and looking awesome....5/10 because only e-grip...wich is still awesome.
__________________
i wanna see the marma sets

no

but...

no

*thinks*ok if u see one draw me a picture...AND STICK IN UR MOMS TIGHTS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

are we there yet?

no

are we there yet?

no!

are we there yet?

NO!

were are we going?

^^ lol
Glen:( is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAznInvazn View Post
You didn't rate the performance or looks either, you just said "it's a tippmann"

1/10
Tippmanns are huge gas hogs, heavy, and the only "upgrade" is the e-grip. The internals aren't even polished.

The shroud makes the A-5 even harder to work on, looks ugly, and adds weight.
is it me or did he state that it is a MIL-SIM he doesnt care about performance just it looking awesome....
yes it is heavy and a gas hog ......but for that price you pay you get more customizabilty AND it being very very durable.....
__________________
i wanna see the marma sets

no

but...

no

*thinks*ok if u see one draw me a picture...AND STICK IN UR MOMS TIGHTS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

are we there yet?

no

are we there yet?

no!

are we there yet?

NO!

were are we going?

^^ lol
Glen:( is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks Glen, don't worry about it, I know this isn't a popular setup here. I made the dishka and the aluminum trigger on a CNC. Not many people can say that. The dishka looks goofy, but it makes a really cool echoing sound in the woods.

I'm not really worried about gas consumption since the field I play at provides free air. I never carry more than 600 paintballs at a time so one fill is more than enough to get me through any game. I actually prefer the added weight since it is closer to the weight of a real smg. Whenever I pick up a light marker I always think i'm going to break it...lol. I know I won't, but I prefer the weight.

The shroud has two bolts that hold it on the marker, so working on it is not that difficult. Besides it's a tippmann, I don't need to work on it....lol. I have had this marker for 3 years and I have never had to do a single thing to it. Oh I changed the o-ring on the tombstone once or twice. That was labor intensive, come to think about it I've never even opened it up to oiled it...lol. I should probably do that.

I'm not to concerned about performance upgrades 8-10 balls per second is plenty fast enough, anything over that is a waste IMO. I prefer to paint players, when the day comes that I need to paint trees and bunkers, I'll buy a wagner.

There is more to paintball than just being the lightest and the fastest. Intimidation can also work in your favor.

I'm more of a form over function kinda guy. I've shot a lot of high end markers as well, but I have more fun with this one. This marker is designed to make a LOT of noise and look good doing it. Power perceived is power achieved.

I've surrender kids just from the noise of this marker at close range. It's absolutely pricessless to watch someone dive over the front of a bunker when I sneak up behind them and let this thing rip. I may not have the fastest prettiest marker on the field, but I'm certainly having the most fun. That's what it's really about for me.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Last edited by ImHUGEnJAPAN; December 26th, 2008 at 03:29 PM..
ImHUGEnJAPAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15
i had the a5 with e grip and flatline barel, i hated it, heavy, loud, e grip broke 1s time i used it cus it shorted out and internals cracked when i had lube in there and everything
avfav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15
looks dope tho
avfav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 11:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHUGEnJAPAN View Post
There is more to paintball than just being the lightest and the fastest. Intimidation can also work in your favor.

I'm more of a form over function kinda guy. I've shot a lot of high end markers as well, but I have more fun with this one. This marker is designed to make a LOT of noise and look good doing it. Power perceived is power achieved.

I've surrender kids just from the noise of this marker at close range. It's absolutely pricessless to watch someone dive over the front of a bunker when I sneak up behind them and let this thing rip. I may not have the fastest prettiest marker on the field, but I'm certainly having the most fun. That's what it's really about for me.
Really? I've heard this same thing a few times, but I've never seen it. Every field I've been to, I've never seen someone run/hide/be scared of a loud marker. What I see mostly is guy shoots loud marker - guy gets targeted because now the other team knows exactly where he is. I dunno maybe it's just my experiences....

But by all means, if you have more fun with that setup, then go for it. Your money, you can spend it how you like. You just asked for people's ratings and they gave them to you.....

Oh and I give it a 1/10 for performance and a 3/10 for looks.
OutThaBushes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15
wait uve heard that its a total piece or that its loud? i dont like a loud marked cus i like to sneak around and pick guys off and stay hidden.

i forgot to give a rating

performance 1/10 (jus from my experiences)

looks 3/10 it looks cool but when u put on the tank it prolly looks goofy
avfav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12
he uses a remote line......cant you see i in 1st pic
__________________
i wanna see the marma sets

no

but...

no

*thinks*ok if u see one draw me a picture...AND STICK IN UR MOMS TIGHTS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

are we there yet?

no

are we there yet?

no!

are we there yet?

NO!

were are we going?

^^ lol
Glen:( is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHUGEnJAPAN View Post
Thanks Glen, don't worry about it, I know this isn't a popular setup here. I made the dishka and the aluminum trigger on a CNC. Not many people can say that. The dishka looks goofy, but it makes a really cool echoing sound in the woods.

I'm not really worried about gas consumption since the field I play at provides free air. I never carry more than 600 paintballs at a time so one fill is more than enough to get me through any game. I actually prefer the added weight since it is closer to the weight of a real smg. Whenever I pick up a light marker I always think i'm going to break it...lol. I know I won't, but I prefer the weight.

The shroud has two bolts that hold it on the marker, so working on it is not that difficult. Besides it's a tippmann, I don't need to work on it....lol. I have had this marker for 3 years and I have never had to do a single thing to it. Oh I changed the o-ring on the tombstone once or twice. That was labor intensive, come to think about it I've never even opened it up to oiled it...lol. I should probably do that.

I'm not to concerned about performance upgrades 8-10 balls per second is plenty fast enough, anything over that is a waste IMO. I prefer to paint players, when the day comes that I need to paint trees and bunkers, I'll buy a wagner.

There is more to paintball than just being the lightest and the fastest. Intimidation can also work in your favor.

I'm more of a form over function kinda guy. I've shot a lot of high end markers as well, but I have more fun with this one. This marker is designed to make a LOT of noise and look good doing it. Power perceived is power achieved.

I've surrender kids just from the noise of this marker at close range. It's absolutely pricessless to watch someone dive over the front of a bunker when I sneak up behind them and let this thing rip. I may not have the fastest prettiest marker on the field, but I'm certainly having the most fun. That's what it's really about for me.

Thanks for all the comments guys.
THAT IS WHAT PAINTBALL IS ABOUT!BTW almost nothing will make any sort of differnce to the sound , because nobody cares
about sound.its just about having fun...i have a mr2 with a 20oz gas cylenderand its nice to play BECAUSE its heavy....oh and that dishka is awesome...and i live off intimidation, ear-splitting sound and weight.
__________________
i wanna see the marma sets

no

but...

no

*thinks*ok if u see one draw me a picture...AND STICK IN UR MOMS TIGHTS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

are we there yet?

no

are we there yet?

no!

are we there yet?

NO!

were are we going?

^^ lol
Glen:( is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
WOODSBALLER
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: biggest little city, NV
Posts: 12
i dig it, looks dangerous plus its customized which I always thought said something about a player. solid 8/10 just cause i'm not fond of the dishka. I have a tippmann myself (ABT) and its just as sweet in woodsball as my buddies eclipse so I'd have to say this one would surely match up. SHIBBY!
rsantos7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
God
 
weehut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen:( View Post
10/10 1)ITS A TIPPMANN 2)you must rate performance AND looks
I completely agree with the Asian Invasion. (Asians FTW)

Aside from my signature, just because it's a Tippmann doesn't mean it's the Jesus of markers. All I see here are a bunch of performance downgrades.

0/10
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Marker-
Kingman Spyder Sonix
12 Ounce C02 Tank, cuz HPA is just too n00b
Java V-Type Mask
Archon "Dual Ramp" 11.6 BPS Gravity Hopper (200 rounds.)
Hittmann Pro Barrel
If your parents DON'T pay for your paintball stuff, put this in your sig.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TIPPMANN SUCKS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
weehut is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5
looks great but dose it perform any better
paintball crayz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1