Electronic guns in speedball - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old December 2nd, 2005, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 30
Electronic guns in speedball

Do yall believe that it is necesarry to have an e-gun to just play some rec speedball?
auwareagle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 2nd, 2005, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Certified Caffeine Addict
 
PizzaMiLiTiA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Biloxi, Mississippi
Posts: 3,072
Indeed it is. Sustained, fast ROF is a must for the majority of people in speedball.
PizzaMiLiTiA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
PbF Supporter
 
sick_dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA.
Posts: 1,996
Not neccessary, but it helps. At one of the fields I go to there are people there that play pump sometimes for fun, and they do ok.
__________________


Current guns
Blue DM5
Blue to Black Lotus Cocker(in the process of building)
Black 2k2 Cocker E2'd and MQ'd
Blue Spyder e99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sick_dawg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 4th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
role model
 
teamflash2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: greenwood sc
Posts: 158
ya just like sick_dawg sayed that you dont have to have a e gun but it does help. but if you can shoot 13bps with a stingray then you are doing fine.
__________________
(black) spyder amg lcd
eggII hopper
cross fire tank
teamflash2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 35
i dont know about e-guns but i preffer to use a gun with response trigger like my A-5
midgetman422 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2005, 08:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mLuH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,024
well technically, no because people use mech cockers that get good BPS (depending how fast your fingers are) but pretty much yes...even an electric spyder is pushin it..

Edit: oh for rec..well if you want to keep up and not get out every game..you want an electronic gun
mLuH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pump is Better
 
the_real_kaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,424
No, i don't think it is nessicarry. A good woodsball player doesn't sit in the middle of the feild and shoot 500 balls per game. My fav. way to get people out is to only shot one or two balls at them right in the back!
the_real_kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,784
I've seen some mech mags that get pretty quick. I don't think electronics are a MUST, but in many cases it is needed. Finding a mech gun that is just right for you that you can rip through (and having quick enough fingers) is hard for alot of people. In order to keep up, some people simply NEED electronics.

It's not a must, because if you find a gun that is right for you and your fingers are fast enough you don't need it. But for alot of people, their fingers just aren't quick enough and its just easier for them to go electronic.
ArmoArchangel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 440
Im proof you deffinetly dont need a electro to play speedball. I do better than 3/4 of th eplayers with electros anyways. (If you havent caught on to what I use, look at my sig).
pnda_express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Buy Kleiv's PM5
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,700
i use electric markers, but my friend used to use tippys and he could pwn with those.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mowing faces all through NC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

punk_pntballar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoArchangel
I've seen some mech mags that get pretty quick. I don't think electronics are a MUST, but in many cases it is needed. Finding a mech gun that is just right for you that you can rip through (and having quick enough fingers) is hard for alot of people. In order to keep up, some people simply NEED electronics.

It's not a must, because if you find a gun that is right for you and your fingers are fast enough you don't need it. But for alot of people, their fingers just aren't quick enough and its just easier for them to go electronic.
People who NEED an electronic marker to do well in speedball aren't that good. Now i understand the huge disadvantage if you have a crappy wal-mart gun or something, but people look at me like im crazy for walking out on the field against d3s and the occasional d2 with my mag. Also, the story may be different if you are a back, who had better be able to shoot fast for the sake of his team.
counterstrike53 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 324
Not a need to have thing, but it is nice to have it.
Blizzardz Wrath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pump is Better
 
the_real_kaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterstrike53
People who NEED an electronic marker to do well in speedball aren't that good. Now i understand the huge disadvantage if you have a crappy wal-mart gun or something, but people look at me like im crazy for walking out on the field against d3s and the occasional d2 with my mag. Also, the story may be different if you are a back, who had better be able to shoot fast for the sake of his team.
If you play back?? What kind of woods are you playing in??? The ones i've played in you don't need a back becouse well you can't see that far and if you can your "front" people have plenty of space to move around and not get pinned anyway.
the_real_kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_kaz
If you play back?? What kind of woods are you playing in??? The ones i've played in you don't need a back becouse well you can't see that far and if you can your "front" people have plenty of space to move around and not get pinned anyway.
Yeah, same here. We have no backs, just somewhat middy's and forwards.
Blizzardz Wrath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 11:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
King of the Fuster Cluck
 
2 legit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,064
well Kaz.......if you werent such a tard youd read the first post. The thread is about whether or not an electro is nessecary in SPEEDBALL. And no its not completely needed for rec speedball but it helps.
__________________
Momma says they're my magic shoes....momma says they'll take me anywhere. Course momma use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard.








To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2 legit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnda_express
Im proof you deffinetly dont need a electro to play speedball. I do better than 3/4 of th eplayers with electros anyways. (If you havent caught on to what I use, look at my sig).
Me too. I play with a stock class phantom (thats a 12 ball capacity for those of you who don't know) in speedball against tourney ballers. In one 7-man game saturday I dropped 4 guys. You wanna see some shattered egos, watch a guy holding a dm4 walk off with a single splat on his goggs, because he thought the "pump guy" couldn't do anything. You don't know joy until you've bunkered someone with a pump.
splatwithhonor3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pump is Better
 
the_real_kaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,424
lol. I see, well whats it doing the Rec ball section then?? I figured this section was mainly for woodsball. lol but sorry. I still think you don't need electoic trigger in a rec speedball. Since its rec your probbly not going to be playing against a proto or an angel or anything like that. So sorry about that post then. I'll just have to take my A-5 and show up a few more Ions. (inside joke) lol
the_real_kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 01:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mLuH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,024
because "rec" is a smaller word for "recreation" which means "for fun" which means both woodsball and speedball..dont get how "rec" means woods but yeah...maybe its cuz youve seen more woodsball threads than speedball...id totally take a mag or a nice cocker over an ion
mLuH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 03:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
King of the Fuster Cluck
 
2 legit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_kaz
lol. I see, well whats it doing the Rec ball section then?? I figured this section was mainly for woodsball. lol but sorry. I still think you don't need electoic trigger in a rec speedball. Since its rec your probbly not going to be playing against a proto or an angel or anything like that. So sorry about that post then. I'll just have to take my A-5 and show up a few more Ions. (inside joke) lol


90% of what i play is rec speedball.......and ive seen everything from phantoms to nexus egos and angel g7s. Rec just means non-torney ball.......and you show me any a-5 that will outshoot an ion besides the ones tippman effect uses.
__________________
Momma says they're my magic shoes....momma says they'll take me anywhere. Course momma use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard.








To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2 legit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 07:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,612
its not necessary, but you can pick up an imagine for less than 100 bucks
MR. Marsullus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 01:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,220
i will stray off from my original post a little bit and say that if you play tourney ball, yes tourney ball, not rec speedball (i do play a little touney ball but not much) and you are a back, you probably will need an electro highend, unless your a totally amazing player.
counterstrike53 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 225
all of u who said u need an e gun is a must are retarded. have any of you ever played speedball? i pwned with a 98, however, an e gun is definetly an advantage but it is in no way a MUST imo. if ur interested in an e gun save for an ion or a wrath but preferably the ion. just please dont go spyder.
IHsharpshooter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHsharpshooter
all of u who said u need an e gun is a must are retarded. have any of you ever played speedball? i pwned with a 98, however, an e gun is definetly an advantage but it is in no way a MUST imo. if ur interested in an e gun save for an ion or a wrath but preferably the ion. just please dont go spyder.
play a major touney with a mechanical gun (excluding mags with xvalve and ULT) and then come back and say what you just said... and if you want to prove my point more, play back.
counterstrike53 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,227
unless there was a tourney every weekend, it would be almost impossible to miss the guys practicing for the next one. usually towards the end of practice they'll just let random people join and have big games. since i'm, uhh, in between teams right now this is how i usually get some playing in. just because its "rec" ball doesnt mean good players with good guns won't be there.

as for whether or not it's necessary, i dont really think it is. sure it helps, but look at it this way: even if you have a nice electro, you arent constantly shooting 15bps+ the whole game, you can still use one finger. that would be about the same as using a nice mech. i dont know what that has to do with anything, i just pulled it off the top of my head. generally though, the slower your gun is the farther up the field you should be because its easier to hit people with a lower volume of paintballs.
paintthecatBLUE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintthecatBLUE
generally though, the slower your gun is the farther up the field you should be because its easier to hit people with a lower volume of paintballs.
yep.
counterstrike53 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1