August 5th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Ammo Resupply Mission Concept
Since we're always on the lookout for new ideas for scenarios, here's one I've been mulling over, either as a key component for a small (less than 150 players) game or as simply a mission set for a bigger game.
1. Everyone pays for one case of paint but only receives 500 rounds to begin with. The rest is community paint (for their team) but must first be carried to an ammo station via a Resupply mission.
2. Resupply mission begins with a squad of 5-10 players. X number of cases are loaded onto a cart/pack for transportation. Number of cases is varied depending on how big a role Resupply takes in the scenario.
3. Squad heads out for a specific ammo station. These stations can either be permanently for one team or they may be assaultable.
4. If someone carrying ammo is shot, they must immediately set the ammo down and begin walking away. If the full squad is eliminated, the ammo can be stolen/recovered by either team and then taken to their own ammo station.
5. No player, including the Resupply squad, may take ammo from the resupply until they reach the ammo station.
6. If a player runs out of ammo, they may resupply at an ammo station or at the main base where the ammo is shipped out from.
7. In the event of one team running out of ammo or having it all stolen, Resupply missions are then over and players buy their own paint.
I foresee that, in the event that point 7 happens, there could be a lot of angry "snipers" out there being p***ed about all the speedballers using up the ammo. This issue must be addressed before gameday and scenario organizers must be aware that this could occur. I might reccomend that, in the event of this happening, organizers allow the use of personal paint for the rest of the game.
Please post replies and let me know what you think, whether it be modifications on one point or perhaps a better way of getting around the "Point 7 Problem."