whats a good scenario marker - Paintball Forum - Paintball guns and gear forums

Reply

Old January 18th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
ray
 
wickedgame1409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nj
Posts: 132
whats a good scenario marker

Yea im wondering whats a good scenario marker im getting away from speedball and more into the paramilatary scnario stuff

i was looking at the warsensor a1 and 66 ris

i want something i can beat the crap outta

looks good

and isnt .43 or a tippmann\

o and that M16 vietnam model is pure sexy

thanks
__________________
_______________________
Dynasty shocker Red
Hybrid Bolt Guide
NDz Wave trigger
Custom products locking feedneck
Red Boost halo with cheetah board
68/45 nitro duck x stream
wickedgame1409 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 20th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Muderator
 
TrashTrampoline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oxford, Pa.
Posts: 72
There are a few choices . . .

Armotech offers a lifetime warranty. and the WG series markers and WarSensor seem okay.

Then there the Ariakon markers

The RAP folks offer a .68 marker.

Tippmanns new company is called BT

Rusty's got alot of expensive stuff.

Cushman's got alot of option and a new snazzy site.

Thompson's Auto Ordinance, makers of the original "Tommy Gun" has an offering, but I dont recomend it.

Worr Game makes a bad @$$ scenario cocker.

Personally: I like the Tippmann A5, not the fastest or best looking but it takes a likin and keeps on painting.

Also check out OPs Gear for you tactical equipment other than paintball.

This should get you started.
Brian
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TrashTrampoline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
hello
 
pearlsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: hamilton,canada
Posts: 1,113
i recomend rap4 and the AGD tac-one

IMO rap4>tac-one>A5>other
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pearlsea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 20th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
RB
Xplicit Eg06
 
RB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Omaha, NE *402*
Posts: 4,567
Umm, ops gear anything...

Or the bt-16 elite
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Your Worst Nightmare
 
Lord Headley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 5,270
Can't go wrong with Mag!

The best scenario markers are the ones you make yourself.

- Brian
__________________
Brian Hedemark
AIM: Raekwon Wanjala
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lord Headley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Muderator
 
TrashTrampoline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oxford, Pa.
Posts: 72
Jam a Mag into a Airsoft body and lookout, here comes a looker that will light you up!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TrashTrampoline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tippmann Pneumatics
 
csreymann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dexter, Michigan
Posts: 130
tippmann 98c or bt-16
__________________
# 160

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Simply The Best
csreymann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
 
ComradeMolyneux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 56duece.
Posts: 4,291
those guns are cool looking. If I were more into paintballing I'd get one.
__________________
BOO new layout

Everything for Everyone
And nothing for Ourselves

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ComradeMolyneux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member
 
BrightSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 205
just keep using your spyder
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



"The Best Paintball Gun You Can Get Is One That Doesn't Need Upgrades..."~Quoted from AbOut
BrightSpot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Erect member.
 
hurdlebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,323
not exactly sure on this...but are armotech and ariakon the same company? not sure, but i thought they were

and possible the best scenario/woodsball game is, sorry to say, a tippmann 98 custom, with a flatline (because speed isn't as important as accuracy in a scenario), or maybe the camo version.

Your spyder would probably work wonders too, depending on how you've got it set up.

Note: the ideas on the t98 is just my point of view.
__________________
Quote:
or we could all go on one hell of a camping trip
hurdlebeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2005, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
ray
 
wickedgame1409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nj
Posts: 132
re

yea im not a big tippmann fan *

and my spyder well

died is a word for it

but im really into the warsensor stuff does any1 have one

the wg 66 not 65

and whats with that Hop up Barrel on the w. s its supposed to give the ball backspin like a tippy

anyone no about this?
__________________
_______________________
Dynasty shocker Red
Hybrid Bolt Guide
NDz Wave trigger
Custom products locking feedneck
Red Boost halo with cheetah board
68/45 nitro duck x stream

Last edited by wickedgame1409; January 22nd, 2005 at 09:53 AM..
wickedgame1409 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2005, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Muderator
 
TrashTrampoline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oxford, Pa.
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlebeast
not exactly sure on this...but are armotech and ariakon the same company? not sure, but i thought they were
Good question!
NO, Ariakon had taken the name when they broke away from their manufacturer however the manufacturer actually owned the name of "Armotech" so after a little over a year a legal settlement was reached and Ariakon was created and now competes against Armotech. The settlement documents can be found on either sites forum.

Hope this helps
Brian
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TrashTrampoline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
rgags89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ny
Posts: 150
armotech and ariakon are the same.
__________________
#152


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rgags89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
^_^
 
Oscarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jersey
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgags89
armotech and ariakon are the same.
Actually no.... ^_^
__________________

Cocker Owner #41

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pink Lady


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Oscarine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
rgags89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ny
Posts: 150
actually yeah, type in armotech.com it will say "armotech has officially changed its name to ariakon."

http://armotech.com/
__________________
#152


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rgags89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
OnTheMatBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ossining, New York
Posts: 426
Honestly, just get a 98c and get a few scenario kits. You will be happy for a lower cost then buying real scenario guns.
OnTheMatBaller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
^_^
 
Oscarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jersey
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgags89
actually yeah, type in armotech.com it will say "armotech has officially changed its name to ariakon."

http://armotech.com/

...no check armotech.us, armotech.net
__________________

Cocker Owner #41

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pink Lady


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Oscarine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Phantom VSC-er
 
PumpPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northern Delaware
Posts: 32
Lightbulb Great Post, Trash!

Trash pretty much covered everything you could ever imagine.

The real question is this: Do you want a marker to simply shoot well or to look fantastic to boot? Most everyone will answer 'yes' to both parts but they'll also want it to be inexpensive. It is the expense that leads us to compromise.

I would caution you to place accuracy and reliability above all other qualities in a marker. The last thing you want is a marker that's "all show and no go." Additionally, you have to factor in what kind of scenario ball you play. Are you a castle-charger or a ditch-dweller? Do you like to snipe or ambush? Do you like to go for objectives more than fight? There are of course a million other questions to be asked as well.

Remember that with a few hand tools, a creative mind and some mechanical ability, you can 'dress up' pretty much any marker to look interesting. I've seen automags made into just about everything from .45 Thompsons to Star Wars blasters. There are also a host of kits available to bolt onto a marker if you'd rather not make the modifications yourself. These are all relatively inexpensive. A quick internet search will show you most options.

One thing not mentioned so far is the possibility of going 'old-school'. You'll probably cringe when I mention the words sheridan pump, but do yourself a favor and look into it. Many of the old brass sheridans have been transformed into some really shnazzy markers. You'll need to replace the springs and do some valve work to get the velocity where you want it and I'd recommend simply sending one to any of the numerous custom shops that do sheridan work for cheap. For a quick look at what you might expect to pay, here is Palmer's price list: Palmer's Pursuit Shop

I've seen a lot of their work and it's outstanding. Worried about having a pump? Don't. Most custom shops can make almost any marker semi-. Semi-PGP anyone?

The trade-off is that you're not going to be dealing with a mil-sim replica. If this is what you're after, then please disregard. However, you'll have a conversation piece to be certain and a marker that will never lose its value, appeal or nostalgia. I'd recommend eBay for a sheridan purchase, where you can get one for about $100, give or take. A friend of mine sometimes plays scenario ball with his Sheridan P-68 SC. It's always the talk of the field and he's taken out many an Angel-toting 10-year-old with it...

A route to consider. Good luck.
__________________
Before: "You're playing with WHAT?"
After: "Crap, it's that guy with the pump!"
PumpPlayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
OnTheMatBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ossining, New York
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpPlayer
Trash pretty much covered everything you could ever imagine.

The real question is this: Do you want a marker to simply shoot well or to look fantastic to boot? Most everyone will answer 'yes' to both parts but they'll also want it to be inexpensive. It is the expense that leads us to compromise.

I would caution you to place accuracy and reliability above all other qualities in a marker. The last thing you want is a marker that's "all show and no go." Additionally, you have to factor in what kind of scenario ball you play. Are you a castle-charger or a ditch-dweller? Do you like to snipe or ambush? Do you like to go for objectives more than fight? There are of course a million other questions to be asked as well.

Remember that with a few hand tools, a creative mind and some mechanical ability, you can 'dress up' pretty much any marker to look interesting. I've seen automags made into just about everything from .45 Thompsons to Star Wars blasters. There are also a host of kits available to bolt onto a marker if you'd rather not make the modifications yourself. These are all relatively inexpensive. A quick internet search will show you most options.

One thing not mentioned so far is the possibility of going 'old-school'. You'll probably cringe when I mention the words sheridan pump, but do yourself a favor and look into it. Many of the old brass sheridans have been transformed into some really shnazzy markers. You'll need to replace the springs and do some valve work to get the velocity where you want it and I'd recommend simply sending one to any of the numerous custom shops that do sheridan work for cheap. For a quick look at what you might expect to pay, here is Palmer's price list: Palmer's Pursuit Shop

I've seen a lot of their work and it's outstanding. Worried about having a pump? Don't. Most custom shops can make almost any marker semi-. Semi-PGP anyone?

The trade-off is that you're not going to be dealing with a mil-sim replica. If this is what you're after, then please disregard. However, you'll have a conversation piece to be certain and a marker that will never lose its value, appeal or nostalgia. I'd recommend eBay for a sheridan purchase, where you can get one for about $100, give or take. A friend of mine sometimes plays scenario ball with his Sheridan P-68 SC. It's always the talk of the field and he's taken out many an Angel-toting 10-year-old with it...

A route to consider. Good luck.
What he said sounded really good. I never thought of sheridans, since ive only seen one...check into it, it may prove beneficial!
OnTheMatBaller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 31
you should look at the military style guns those r sexy
needmormoney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1