·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
if you think the old borg is pretty then you need to kick yourself in the face
borgs were never supposed to be eye candy

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
the sonic feednecks don't really match the new milling... but that can be fixed for approximately $30. throw a new feedneck on there and i'd tap one of those ;0

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i don't think u realize just how small that gun is. In reality it's the perfect fit to get ur thumb or hand around the reg and between the frame.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Shamed_Spartan said:
Wow... 46bps...

Thats a hopper in 4.3 seconds.
that's 46cps. I think Kai on pbn has done 32 or 36bps w/ paint or it might have been full cycles. Needless to say, impressive speed.

·
Pneumatically Insane ©
2,595 Posts
www.MacDev.net said:
The Cyborg can cycle a true 46bps - thats bloody fast in anyones language. The secret to the Cyborg speed is the unique efficient ram system and self lubricating bolt. A poweful electronic package is housed in the grip of the Cyborg reading the trigger continuously and uses a laser paint detection system to make sure the gun only fires as fast as paint is fed.
Not what they said :shrug:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
still not as fast as a spyder :dodgy:

i dont think anyone will ever really know how fast anyo gun can go with paint, because the fastest we can get paint to feed is in the upper 30's with a qloader. thats with a tube though, i'm thinking that if you could attach it directly on top of the feedneck it would go a bit faster...

but i dont see why all the doubts. its almost 2006. we can put **** into outerspace, create new elements in a big particle accelerator thing, and have supercomputers with the power of 1,000 home desktop machines. and that was more than 5 years ago. is it really that hard to believe that we can get a few objects weighing in at only a few ounces to move back and forth less than 2 inches 46 times in one second?

wave:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
paintthecatBLUE said:
still not as fast as a spyder :dodgy:

i dont think anyone will ever really know how fast anyo gun can go with paint, because the fastest we can get paint to feed is in the upper 30's with a qloader. thats with a tube though, i'm thinking that if you could attach it directly on top of the feedneck it would go a bit faster...

but i dont see why all the doubts. its almost 2006. we can put **** into outerspace, create new elements in a big particle accelerator thing, and have supercomputers with the power of 1,000 home desktop machines. and that was more than 5 years ago. is it really that hard to believe that we can get a few objects weighing in at only a few ounces to move back and forth less than 2 inches 46 times in one second?

wave:
those things were all government funded....we're talking millions of dollars of federal $$$....now if the government wants to pay each major company $10 million to create the most innovative new product.....well then i would probably be creaming my pants...along with the entire pb community.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Brockocoli said:
those things were all government funded....we're talking millions of dollars of federal $$$....now if the government wants to pay each major company $10 million to create the most innovative new product.....well then i would probably be creaming my pants...along with the entire pb community.
Thats true. It doesn't matter though, thats fast as **** and nobody needs anything to shoot that fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
06 borg chromed

Soon as Hardcore paintball in kelowna gets my borg in I'll post some tasty pics of the chrome work that i'll be doing.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
mumbles said:
Soon as Hardcore paintball in kelowna gets my borg in I'll post some tasty pics of the chrome work that i'll be doing.
Nice stuff, I can get mine milled for free so I'm probably gonna do that and then get it annoed depending on how much money Christmas brings.

·
Registered
4 Posts

just a quick tease of what my borg is gonna end up with, still more work to do to the reg, copper needs buffing and clearcoat, needs to be wiped down and macdev stickers put back on, will post completed when i get time.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
mumbles said:

just a quick tease of what my borg is gonna end up with, still more work to do to the reg, copper needs buffing and clearcoat, needs to be wiped down and macdev stickers put back on, will post completed when i get time.
I just saw this on the nation, thats a really good job, congrats, it looks great too, and that should mean a lot coming from me because I don't like shiny anno. Just dust anno.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, I don't like anno iether thats why its chrome and copper plated, my borg should be here sometime next week, if I get it early enough I should have pics of it completed by the 21.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts