Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Security company iDefense has reported that a banner ad for deckoutyourdeck.com, which has been on many users' profiles on Myspace.com, has infected 1.07 million computers with adware.

The ad took advantage of unpatched versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, which do not handle Windows Metafile images correctly. The adware tries to contact a web server in Turkey, which tracks the infected systems and downloads pop-up adware.

Webshots.com also hosted the ad. Microsoft released a patch for the exploit back in January.

Source: news.yahoo.com

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Soon FF will start getting all this crap.... then it will be flock ftw. Or opera.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sweet

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
toXic said:
Soon FF will start getting all this crap.... then it will be flock ftw. Or opera.
no see firefox will update when they find a prob but ie will wait some time to do anything other then put the word out about it

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Linux FARTEHWINZ.

As long as you're using ANYthing other than IE you should be fine. It's basically all a matter of preference. Some may prefer Firefox (me, for example, because I'd been using Mozilla suite about 2 years before I switched to FF), some Opera (didn't like it's interface), and some Mac users like Safari (my friend has Firefox but never touches it because he likes Safari). I sometimes hear people talk about "Oh well the new IE is supposed to be the best one yet." It's still not going to be crap compared to other browsers that have now been ahead for years. IE is dead.

The main thing I like about alternate browsers is customability. The way I have FF set up with my extensions and options it is PERFECT for me. Even if the new IE was nice, I still don't think it could compete with all the options you can have by using something else.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I wonder if anyone still uses netscape... since it was the first big one, then IE.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts