·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the barrel I am planning on getting:

12 inch barrel: http://www.****************s.com/product-exec/product_id/2552

OR

14 inch barrel: http://www.****************s.com/product-exec/product_id/2557

What are the pros and cons of each barrel and what one you think I should get, please just don't say "the twelve inch one" or "the fourteen inch one." Please explain why.

Edit: I forgot that you can't post links, they are the smart part tear drop barrels. I guess the links are useless. But if you know what one is better please help.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
theres really no dif. i hav the 14" cuz thats all that was available, its all a matter of preference really. Since you have a tippmann getting a 12" might be slightly better cuz tippmanns are so long, but it only cuts it down by 2"

it really is up to u

·
Registered
29 Posts
Accuracy between them wont be any different, as these guys have said. I accually have a 16" barrel (I wish I would have gotten a 14"). I play woodsball too, and having a little longer barrel is pretty nice because you can stick it through thick growth and stuff. It is a little harder to manage sometimes, but I haven't really noticed that much of a problem at all. As they said, it is just personal preference.

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
If you are mainley a woodsballer, I would go with a 12 inch just becuase 14 inch barrels sometimes get in the way. It also depends on how much bushes and brush are in the area you play. If a 14 inch barrel wouldn't get in the way, and you have the money, go for it.

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
Then it is personal preference. Accuracy tops out at 14 inch which was said earlier in the thread so make your own choice.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
still...dont judge accuracy on barrel length...the main thing that make a barrel accurate is paint to barrel match.

I can play with my pipe kit without the front of the barrel...jsut the back, and it will stil be accurate as hell. And the backs are only about 5 inches long. It works so good because the paint to barrel match...if you get a almost perfect match, you will have great accuracy.

Try to get a barrel that goes along with the type of paint you use.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
when u get ur new barrel do the paint to barrel test.

Put a ball in the back of the barrel and point the barrel to the ground. The ball should stay in. If it rolls out the front. then the ball is to small for the barrel. If the ball stayed in, simply blow into the back of the barrel. If the match is perfect, the ball should come flying out with a semi easy blow. If the ball is to big...you will have to give it a hard blow, or it wont even come out at all.

so find the paint that works best with the barrel, and try to keep using that paint

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
so hes using a tippmann???then ya get a 12'...

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
like i said hes using a tippmann so he should get a 12'

·
Registered
159 Posts
14" is more accurate long range and 12" is more accurate short range

1 - 20 of 23 Posts