Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better of J & J Performance Full Tilt Ceramic 2-Piece Barrels?

What are some pros and cons of the different lengths?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Extra length = extra distance in the barrel for your paint to break if u ask me. Some say it gives u more accuracy but 9/10 times people will say as long as its 14" or even 12" You wont get any more accuracy with those lengths.

16" would probably be quieter tho im not sure.
I have a 12" J&J Perfomance 1 piece and its great with accuracy.

Also u should have posted this in the barrles section of the board, not Tippmanns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a Smart Parts 14" Progressive barrel for my A5, and so far I love it.
It's MUCH more quiet than stock and also mor accurate. thumup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
16" is a waste I would go to the 14" if you play back or middle and a 12" for front. With the 16" there is more space for the ball to drag and become inaccurate. With the 16" you probably will get 2 more inches distance and that is it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree Dirdy, a 12" is the biggest I'll go now a days. back in the good ol' days of being a noob, i used to have a 16" dye boomstick and a 21" barrel too. I used to think i could hit any thing, but now i can hit more now than i could then w/ my pro-carb w/ the JJ 12". works good for tight spots.

·
Registered
452 Posts
tippyrookie said:
I just got a Smart Parts 14" Progressive barrel for my A5, and so far I love it.
It's MUCH more quiet than stock and also mor accurate. thumup:
thats what i got, works good but im looking into a adapter for my 12" Spyder threaded J&J to put on my tippmann, still got to love the J&J compared to the Progressive for some reason. im just gonna give it a try for the heck of it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
you don't need anything longer than a 12" barrel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts