Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a new cp barrel for my promaster, and im not sure what to buy, from most people i have heard 14, because its got good accuracy, and its manuverable, but would having 16 actually boost the accuracy more than having 14? I hate wasting paint, I shoot, and i try to be as accurate as possible, and yet still go through atleast a pod a game (walk on, pretty much recball on a speed ball feild) because i have a 11" stock barrel that comes with the ICD promaster, so, would a 16 have more accuracy than a 14, to the point where it would be noticable, and better?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
length is personal preference. unlike actual firearms, you don't gain accuracy in paintball by adding length. oftentimes, a longer barrel will provide a slightly quieter shot (depending on porting) at the expense of slightly reduced efficiency. so go with what's comfortable to you.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
16" will allow you to push airball bunkers a bit better if you play a lot of airball. Other than that, it will be no better, and in some regards, worse than a 14". It will be absolutely no more accurate. Once porting begins on a barrel, decelleration begins, and you are no longer gaining accuracy or distance. And beyond about 8" with paintballs, you're no longer having sufficient pressure behind the paint to continue accelerating to any great degree. So the first 8" is acceleration, after that it's simply porting to quiet the shot. If you like the looks of 16" better, or play a lot of airball and think you could use the extra 2" for pushing bunkers, go for it. But otherwise, stick with the 14" since accuracy will be identical.

·
Bunz Paint
89 Posts
16" will allow you to push airball bunkers a bit better if you play a lot of airball. Other than that, it will be no better, and in some regards, worse than a 14". It will be absolutely no more accurate. Once porting begins on a barrel, decelleration begins, and you are no longer gaining accuracy or distance. And beyond about 8" with paintballs, you're no longer having sufficient pressure behind the paint to continue accelerating to any great degree. So the first 8" is acceleration, after that it's simply porting to quiet the shot. If you like the looks of 16" better, or play a lot of airball and think you could use the extra 2" for pushing bunkers, go for it. But otherwise, stick with the 14" since accuracy will be identical.
millers right stick with the 14 cuz a 16 in a airball can get tagged really easy

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
i've played a lot of paintball and i've never seena barrel get shot because it was 2 inches longer than another.

16 inch barrels are rather long, I had one and didn't prefer it. I stick to 12 and 14 inch barrels. When I know i'm playingt he snake, i'l use 12 and every other time i tend to prefer using the 14 inch.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Exactly.
16 is a general too long, but ive seen people with 20 inch barrels, and half the time they are trying to maneuver the thing and are getting bad efficiency. 12 is a good jumping off point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts