Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the boost controller wired in yesterday. Last night I took it for a short spin (no inspection sticker) to begin to dial in the controller. Wound up getting it around 13psi. This morning I got the car "inspected" (took about 2 minutes), and so I was able to do a bit more fine tuning. I don't want to push it too hard until I get a few more things squared away, but...15psi is fast.

I was messing around a little bit on the backside of my campus tonight, and my friend was behind me. He wanted to see it in action, so I did a few pulls as he followed along. At one point I had to stop and make a turn, and I didn't really put my foot down too hard, but he told me later that I left marks the whole way around the turn. :shrug:

So anyways, not much to say except it's fast. I have to force myself to keep the 'Low' setting on, or else I'll burn through gas like crazy.

-Jin

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
You won't burn through gas on 15 pounds. As long as you've got a good tune, you'll be fine. You lose gas when you hit boost. Gotta love all those fuel maps running extremely rich!

How are you tuning btw? FPR with an SAFC? Or do you have software to do EPROM tuning or something? I don't know Z32's that well.

Glad to hear it's running good though.. I lost to my buddy's TC with a 50 shot, and he pulled half a car on me with no spray. Something is seriously wrong with my car..

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing, if I know I'm set to boost 15psi, I'll do it often. By forcing myself to be limited, I won't have that urge as often.

Haven't actually tuned it really, just had the ECU (EPROM) retuned for my mods. I'd like to get it on a dyno with a wideband O2 sensor and tune it, but I don't have the money. I might pick up an Apex'i Super AFC when I get some cash, but I've heard that it's not much good unless you have a baseline of what you're doing from a dyno. But I'll have to look into that some more.

-Jin

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
ECU tuning is great for the ballpark settings, but an AFC + dyno + wideband O2 is really needed for fine tuning and dialing the car in properly.

-Jin
But you can do the same thing on ECU Tuning that the SAFC does.. Therefore, SAFC isn't really needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts