Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got a MR2 newly discovered my local field sells hpa.thought would be better than co2 for the gun.is it?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
er yea it is better than co2, co2 is dangrous and frezes everything up its no good, for your marker
If CO2 was dangerous, than people and fields across the world wouldn't use it...

Also, MR2 might work more reliabley with CO2, since it stays at a higher pressure, but I'm not sure. If the MR2 has the balance valve inside, than I'd stick with HPA.

And if anything, HPA is much more dangerous, just FYI. Stupid people put lube down their fill nipple, and when they get it filled, they explode, CO2 doesn't do that.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
when, where, and how are you going to get super cold CO2 to leak on you enough and long enough to give you a burn?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly...I still need to get a tank any sugestions on amount?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ummmmmm.............ok but ....hmmmmm.....maybe.....Icould get one for my b-day......wait allready getting co2 powered bbgun wit metal bb's*drools*it's a desert eagle.!!!!!!?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
my suggestion, try for a 68/4500 fiber wraped tank, they are pretty much the standard now a days, around $100 on ebay
isnit that goin' a be like super heavy + will remote line work for hpa?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
um what? the fiber wrapped ones are some of the lighest tanks you can get and sure you can use a remote line with it a hp tank has an output pressure around that of a co2 tank
Incorrect.

An HPA tak with HP output is around 800 psi.
A CO2 tank has an output of around 1200-1500 psi.

That's a little bit if a difference ;)

G

·
I would think output pressure will depend on the valve on the tank. If the valves are set for 800psi, then 800 is it. If it's set for 1200, 1200 it is. I've measured the output pressure from my crap catalina 12 oz CO2 tank and it's ~833psi.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Exactly. There isn't a very big difference in the output pressure of CO2 and HPA. CO2's downfall is even after being regulated it likes to jump back up to that 800 psi pressure.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Which falls back to what I said, CO2 doesn't like to stay at a set pressure, it prefers to be at that 800psi pressure.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Strange... the PSI gauge that I have right before the cupseal on my SPyder usually reads 1100 psi when completely full :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Same here, or you just have never used it in the cold?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Exactly. That's pretty much Mexico.

·
Registered
243 Posts
In a nut shell if you are shooting a mr2 which an electronic marker(read the owners manual it spicificly tells you not to use co2)

Hpa will be the better choice simply because at high rates of fire you are releasing alot of gas with co2 the more gas you release the colder everything gets and if you are shooting a massive 30 bps you are going to run in to the issue of freezing the gun.

hpa is a more regulated gas/liquid it is not affected by temprature and generly come in 2 outlet pressures lp (400 psi) and hp(800 psi) talk to your local feild to see which option would be the best

as far as ci tanks go 67,68,70, 72 ci one is not any better than the other all that matters is the psi 3000, 4500 so on and so forth.

This is what determins the ammount of balls you can shout befor refilling your tank an sp1 can shoot roughly 1000 balls off a 68/3000 and they are super efficent if any one with out fighting (or flaming) can tall me the efficeny of an mr2 it would be appreciated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts