Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my friend he doesn't need an 18" barrel for his Rodeo but he insists on it so if anyone could help me out and tell me a good 18" barrel that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
14" is gonna perfrom better than an 18". 18 is just gonna need more air to push it out and he is gonna use more air. Just tell him its paint to barrel match that does the real accuracey

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
1) 18 inches is huge..you can't tell me your'e gonna be a small profile with that sticking off your marker
2) it takes more air to push the ball through 18 inches or barrel as opposed to 14 or 16 inches. (some here would say that 16 is even too long)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive told him all that and he still wants the 18", becuase he used to have one but he had to give it back to the owner so now he wants another 18"...i will tell him again

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok my friend has decided he wants to get one of the 3A barrels. Now he cant decide if he wants a one or two piece and he cant decide if he wants a 14" or 16" could i get some help plz?
thx

·
Impy's Rule
562 Posts
I would stay away from 3A. They have no customer support so if he gets a bad barrel(prob will) he is stuck with it. 3A sell crap products and you get what u pay for. tell him if he wants a 16inch barrel to get a 16inch J&J Ceramic.

·
Banned
100 Posts
tell him to get a Dye spyder boomstick 16" :D

and make sure you find paintballs the fit the barrel thats what really matters :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
I second that tmaxx!

·
Registered
148 Posts
here's how to prove it to him.
1) find someone who has one of those adapters so you can screw a 12gram co2 cartrege into the asa. (my friend got one with his B.E. Stingray along time ago and i used this to prove this to my little brother.)
2) Empty the cartrage with paint in the gun useing both an 18 in barrel and a 14 inch.
3) results should be pretty obvious. btw, they have very little difference in accuracy if they are different lengths of the same barrel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts