Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DON'T PANIC
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my first pump marker today. Got a Empire Trracer coming in the mail. Look forward to join the brotherhood of the pump. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I enter into this new realm.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Don't forget your towel (sorry read your sig)

Be patient, and wait to take the shot. Be ready to move, and if you need to take a 3rd shot you need to move.

To truly be a good pump player you need to be a Sneaky Bastard (been called that a few time on the field)

·
Registered
52 Posts

Be patient, and wait to take the shot. Be ready to move, and if you need to take a 3rd shot you need to move.

To truly be a good pump player you need to be a Sneaky Bastard (been called that a few time on the field)
This guy is right... you need to be a "Sneaky Bastard". One of my friends that quit paintball (Costly reasons) had an Azodin Pump because that was all he could afford at the time. Man... OOHHH MAN that kid could rip up the field with that pump. When he first got it, it was simple to get him out, but as time progressed, he started getting good and could go, at one time, 3 v 1 and win. (Him being the one).

The reason he was so good was because he was very sneaky in speedball, he'd go strait up the right tape, but you would never see him. Then near the ending of the game when you're winning like 2 v 1 (Him being the 1) he would sneak up shoot you in the shoe/pod pack (He didn't believe in shooting people in the back) and then move on to the next person and get them out.

I'm currently getting an Azodin Pump that's broken... but I already ordered the part to fix it :D

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
If you have the option buy good paint! I know that at a lot of fields it is field paint only but if you can pick buy the better stuff. The good stuff flies straighter (generally) and is more likely to break on target.

·
DON'T PANIC
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I will definetly be working on my sneakyness. I like to be the guy where everyone goes "where did he go?" then up from out of nowhere I am there to paint them up.

As for my towel, I never go anywhere without it. DON'T PANIC

·
DON'T PANIC
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have the option buy good paint! I know that at a lot of fields it is field paint only but if you can pick buy the better stuff. The good stuff flies straighter (generally) and is more likely to break on target.
What brands do you recommend I have been out of the game for a couple years, the field I will be playing at only doesn't allow like 2 or 3 brands and from what I heard they are brands I don't want any ways.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
I will definetly be working on my sneakyness. I like to be the guy where everyone goes "where did he go?" then up from out of nowhere I am there to paint them up.

As for my towel, I never go anywhere without it. DON'T PANIC
Also "Don't Panic" is very important when playing pump.

THe thing is you don;t want to be too sneaky cause I have had refs end the game cause they lost track of me and 3 other team mates who play pump (20 v 20 walk on game) :rolleyes:

There have been games that I have played an managed to bum paint off players from the other team during the game :eek:. (is it friendly fire if you shoot them with their own paint?)

As for types of pump guns I have used em all.

Pistols: Sheridan PGP

Good for realy sneaking around and not carrying alot of gear on you. Most of the time I tend to only need about 2 12grams and 30 rounds for 2 games with one PGP. These are strictly stock class guns as they are "rock and cock" and use the 12g as a power source.

The only down side with them is they are not very accurate when compared to othe pumps and need a larger ball to fit the barrels to prevent roll out. Also reloading takes a bit of time.

Stock Class / Open Stock: PMI Tracer

I tend to use a 10 round tube as the hoper for this gun so that ball roll right in. this makes it easy to reload and I can see how many rounds I got left. For air, it depends on if I am going Stock or Open, For stock I use a 12gram bucket changer on the back and for Open I use a 9oz CO2 tank. This marker better then the pistols but still has the old school vibe to it as the gun is about as old as I am (Built it from parts sitting in a tool box when i worked at SC Village)

The problems I have run into with it is getting my "hoper" shot off or breaking.

Probably Banned from even Open Stock class: Custom Pump :eek:

With the way I spring loaded the pump handle and installed an Auto Trigger this on will shoot as fast as you can pump it. Will take just about any paint I will feed it and any hopper I want as well. Most of the time I play with a 68/45 tank on it and 40rd hopper

The only down side I have with it is some times I feel sorry for people with electronic guns "zoning out".

·
DON'T PANIC
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gotta get one of those pistols, they are cool. I have an Ariakon Overlord pistol but it is not a pump, wish it was a pump though I really like using it.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
What brands do you recommend I have been out of the game for a couple years, the field I will be playing at only doesn't allow like 2 or 3 brands and from what I heard they are brands I don't want any ways.
It really depends on what is available locally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts