Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who were wondering where i went(i'm sure none of you were) i was gone detasseling for 2 weeks. got back last night around 9. i was actually pretty sad to leave, i was having a blast hanging out with everyone. don't know how much money i made yet, because they haven't sent checks out. but anywho, i'll pry be around the forum more. cya all around...

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Detasseling is the process of removing the top part of a corn plant, the tassel, so that the plant cannot pollinate itself.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
so ur like a migrant farm worker or something? i lik workin in the garden, fun stuff. i only dislike fetilizing my granpas trees, THERE R TO MANY!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
ha indiana has lots of corn fields ehh...hmm I live in frikin iowa....My grandparents own farms and I have to walk beans and detassel corn all the time. Expessally when I was a younger kid.. They didn't even pay good. your lucky.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, it's crazy around here. if you're out in the country you're around corn or bean fields. like 90% of the state is farm land. it's nuts. i don't really mind detasseling myself. it's good money, plus you get to hang out with like 50 other kids for 2 weeks straight. good time.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
nope it sucks...bad. I hate corn and iowa..Im lucky cause I live in a tourist section of iowa with nice lakes.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well when i'm actually in the field and by myself i feel like beating the crap out of the corn, or setting fire to the whole field. i hate it when you're all alone in the middle of nowhere. but where i go, you stay with the kids for 2 weeks straight. like live in houses with em and stuff. it's really kinda fun. lots of hot chics too, so thats a plus.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
that reminds me of juvy..hehe. I used to have to walk beans by myself. That sucks. I am aracnaphobic too so those huge ass wolf spiders would chase me down..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I live in a snobby rich area so everyone has like a 1000 doller allowance I'm plannin on working at a paintball field soon as I turn16 (need a ride there)

P.S. I don't get an allowance

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
tippy_boarder said:
looks like while i was gone, i missed some stuff around here. sabman and andrew are banned now huh? how did that go down? anyone care to inform me?
sabman broke every rule of the tos, and andrew was a whiny little douche bag, who caused the demodding of mike, and cried about pbf on tac

1 - 20 of 35 Posts