Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so, I just traded my ego ten for a 2010 dye nt, one of the best choices toward paintball Ive ever made. I used to own a DM9 and I liked the ego better, but I got my hands on this thing and loved it from the moment I even looked at it, and once I shot it, even better. You cant go wrong with this gun at all, stock its freaking amazing, and with the few upgrades I made, this gun beats all. The most accurate speedball gun Ive ever shot (with the barrel I put on it of course). I seriously think if was asked if I wanted either this gun or my girl friend, I'd take the gun 10 time out of 10, no lie.

-NinjaD :ninja:

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
just fyi, performance wise, your DM9 was better

NT is basically a unbalanced spool with a auto shut off, dye says "our most efficient marker ever" at 1500 off a 68/45 which is bs, i shoot over that with a DM6. there is nothing really "new" about the NT everything in it has already been done before just not in the same marker unless im mistaken.

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well being an owner of both a DM and an NT, i can assure you there is a major difference in accuracy and efficiency. And i had the same barrel on both guns so, the barrel has nothing to do with it. And (of course this is just an opinion) It feels better some how

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
The ONLY thing about the NT that makes it HALFWAY justifiable in it's price is the weight. The thing weighs less less than my car keys I think. It really is ridiculously lightweight. Course after I throw my barrel, tank, and hopper on, I can't really tell the difference in weight from an NT to say my Quest...

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I personally have never used a semi-automatic paintball marker that was lighter than the NT. Only pumps. I have held a few of the insanely chopped up cockers that were definitely close, but never to got to use one in a game.

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe it is just me but, I definitely play three times better with the NT, it could be just one of those things that plays with my mind, making me "think" it's just better. But, as I said I play better with it.

And I can assure you that "my" DM was not as accurate as this "one". I don't know if there was something wrong, or what but, "this" NT is more accurate than "the" DM9 I used to have. And the efficiency is close but again, I'm telling you between the two that I have owned, the NT has gotten better. Maybe there was something wrong with that DM9 maybe that's why I didn't like it so much.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Shrug. Accuracy comes down to the quality and consistency of your paintballs and the shot-to-shot consistency of your marker. If both guns were shooting the same paint at the same FPS, accuracy would be identical.

The difference you felt, barring a gun/paint issue, is simply due to your personal preference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts