Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the stock trigger, and stock barrel, which one would you choose to upgrade, and why? The reason I ask is because I am thinking about getting a Rail, and I don't really like the stock trigger or barrel, but would be able to live with just using one of those stock, mainly to save money.

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Just using the info and such that's taken from other posters - and my own know how and experiences:

Barrels are barrels are barrels. If you bore, you have different expectations than people who prefer just a standard overbore or something of sorts. When you hit mid-range markers...generally.. the stock barrels are going to be less of a factor in the way the marker shoots than the paint..so..for the time being, lets assume that its no different. To test this - I actually just bought a PRR 2012... and when I take it out, in the chrono, I'll throw my Etek3 barrel on it, and then the PRR barrel on it. I'll let you know if I can tell any difference using DXS Silver.

About the trigger - Those are entirely preference. I'm also seeing that they're fairly inexpensive. You may want to pick up 1-3 of them, flop them in, play with them for a day, and see which design/shape/etc. you prefer.

My opinion here Trigger is going to change the feel of your marker far more than the barrel (unless you're talking weight)

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
Some triggers can help, some you won't really notice a difference. I've used a few different types, and IMO, the Critical trigger is the smoothest. This is all a matter of prefrence, and adjusting it to make it more comfortable for you.

As far as barrels go, I use what ever barrel came with my marker. I've tried CP barrels, CF barrels, and the Freak kit. If I were you, look into upgrading the bolt, or your other gear before thinking about the barrel...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So barrel length has not been a problem for you? I know with my Tippmann 98, I hated the stock barrel because it was short, and inaccurate. If it isn't much of a difference on the Rail, then great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i have a 2011 rail. the trigger is great, and like they said, its really all about preference. the only reason you should change it is if you want a different shape trigger. I got another barrel just cause the stock one is 11 inches. ITs easier for me to point and shoot real quick with a 14 inch barrel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, my concern with the trigger was just with the ability one might have to walk the trigger compared to an Etha or something else. If I can still walk the trigger nicely, and not have to worry about awkward pulls then great.

In regards to the barrel, I'm fine with the stock length aside from that I was under the impression that at that length the shots would have a wide spread. Eventually I would have upgraded to both, but initially I wasn't sure which way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts