Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I recently bought this marker off of eBay. Before it got to me, it had some work done on it including replacing the stock regulator with a cp regulator and the stock Asa with a cp on/off asa. When I got the marker, i took the bolt apart and lubed it, but was unable to get the regulator off. No matter how much I twisted, it wouldn't unscrew. That's not the beginning of my problem, though. The real problem is with the regulator. The marker will only shoot whenever the velocity adjustment screw is set at one particular spot. Any looser and air leaks out the bolt, and any tighter and air leaks out the solenoid. Obviously, this means the velocity adjustment will be difficult if not impossible. So these are my questions: 1) how can I get this stupid regulator off? 2) What can I do about adjusting velocity?

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts
cp reg?

#1) try a strap wrench

#2) wrap the reg in a towel and try a crescent wrench (risk of scratching your reg)

#3) if it has a gauge port (v1?) unscrew the macroline fitting from the reg, jam an allen key in there and pray you have enough leverage to pop it loose before you damage the reg. (major risk of damaging something should **** hit the fan)

been a while since i messed with my cp reg.
it could also need a lube... and a new battery

i'm almost thinking the noid needs a new gasket... or some TLC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cp reg?

#1) try a strap wrench

#2) wrap the reg in a towel and try a crescent wrench (risk of scratching your reg)

#3) if it has a gauge port (v1?) unscrew the macroline fitting from the reg, jam an allen key in there and pray you have enough leverage to pop it loose before you damage the reg. (major risk of damaging something should **** hit the fan)

been a while since i messed with my cp reg.
it could also need a lube... and a new battery

i'm almost thinking the noid needs a new gasket... or some TLC
I guess I wasn't clear. The regulator rotates when I twist it, but it won't unscrew. Also, do you know how I can replace the gasket? Where can I find it?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
are you positive it's a CP regulator? I can't think of any reason that would cause one to spin, but not unscrew.

as far as adjusting a cp regulator goes, they're backwards from conventional logic. screw it in for lower pressure, screw it out for higher pressure.

D

·
0 Posts
The noid leak is how Dye chose to deal with over pressurizing the solenoid. In over pressurizing mine, I had to replace the gasket as it wouldn't seal properly above about 265ish PSI.

Air down the barrel? That's usually the bolt-sail o-ring, isn't it? The one we're supposed to just blindly replace before asking questions and hope that it works?

As far as the regulator goes - I've had success with a 2mm Craft foam sheet + a rag as a buffer.

Though - shouldn't he also be able to push the velocity screw up into the body of the reg and use an over sized wrench (like you're opening the reg..provided teh reg supports this)?

I'd like pics of the gun, the reg, and the vAdjustment hole. I know its hard to get them focused, but if possible - they'd be very helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts