• Not sure

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Long time reader, first time poster.

I found this in a fitness forum.

A guy, 22, wants to have sex with a girl who's 16. I'm the dad of a 1 year old daughter. I am worried about her enough as it is, but I cant think of how much I'd worry about this if this was my daughter. I'm angry about this guy doing this, am I right to be angry? What would you do if your daughter was in this situation?

(to make things equal, you can read the 22 year old guys side on his blog, Having Sex With A 16-Year-Old | Becoming A Pick-Up Artist )

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
I lol'd at the opening.

"Long time reader, First time poster"

Its like a radio station!

But I dunno. I'm a very bad influence so yeh. The girls I'm talking to as of right now range from 16-19 but I'm also 18...and not 22. I do think it's a little stupid when 20+ has to dig in the freshman / sophomores.

-Wes.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
i think by the age 16 girls should be able to make there own decsions and know what there doing. im not saying its write or legal but at that age they know what there doing more. i know of a guy thats 21-22(actually a very good looking guy) thats dating an sophmore in highschool.

·
hotty supreme
2,265 Posts
for me, it's not really the age difference, because in the whole spectrum of things, 6 years isn't much. my uncle is 10 years older than my aunt for example. i just think in this instance it's pretty ****ing sad. there's a huge maturity difference between a 22 year old dating 16 year old and a 30 year old dating a 24 year old. just seems kinda skeezy and pathetic to me. especially when he doesn't even genuinely like her, but is just trying to get some ass.

at least he thought about not doing it for a little :dodgy:

·
12,110 Posts
First of all, if they both are conscentual, I see no problem.

Second, thats statutory rape.

The only reason its bad is because our society has been molded to say that if your under 18 you cant have sex with someone over 18 (I know the age of consent differs from state to state and country).

What about way back in the day in some cultures when your parents decided who you were going to marry. Or the cultures where you got married to another 13 year old on your 13th birthday.

If they both want to have sex, I see nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
rollin: ,Yeah I guess if both of them want to do it, then... I guess they can do it. :O, 16 is kinda low though, thats like a sophmore right? And it is kinda sad he's diggin a chick 6 years younger then him.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Are you right to be mad? I don't know, nor do I care; there are no moral absolutes. Do you have a right to be angry? Absolutely. Any father (or mother, for that matter) who is trying to raise their kids "right" is totally prone to being angry over their children's actions, especially when they object.

I have never seen an instance when a 16 year old and a 22 year old hooking up was anything more than shallow, stupid sex, so the outrage is completely justified in my eyes. If I ever have a daughter I would be outraged at this happening, too.

Less seriously...
The magic formula: (Age/2) + 7 = OKAY.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
So a one year old can have sex with a 7 1/2 year old? There have to be some limitations..

-On a more serious note, if you want to be 'angry' because a man wants to have sex with a teenager, more power to you.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
If I were that girl's father, I would be angry that she was having any sex at all... I would hope my kids save sex for marriage.

But it's certainly that girls decision, I don't see anything wrong with it from a peer standpoint. Her friends will probably call her a slut for sleeping with somebody that old.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I'm the only one that voted no?
Get the **** out of other people bedrooms you ****ing democrats.
I voted yes because if that was my daughter, she would not be with a 22 year old guy. I'm sorry.

If I were that girl's father, I would be angry that she was having any sex at all... I would hope my kids save sex for marriage.
Roflcopter

1 - 20 of 74 Posts