Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else hear about this? The temperture their was only 98 degrees. I think the people died because they like to drink a lot of wine which has alcohol and alcohol dehirdrates. Anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
220 Posts
haha on the way to south dakota we got stuck in chicago and my dad was like "wow chicago is the a$$hole of the world" and on the subject of the thread poor french ppl

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im not trying to be mean to the French I do know how hot 98 is and i personally think it is tolerable if you be good to yourself and keep your body hydrated. Think of the American soldiers in the middles east, or anyone there for that matter. The soldiers are sitting in tanks with 4 other hot sweety guys in heavey kevlar and helmets, where it already is 105-110+. They would be dead in 3 days if they wernt properly hydrated. I feel terrible of what happened and once again im not trying to be mean to the french, but I was just wondering if hydration was an issue. I just know other places in the world have that tempature almost year round and I havent heard of anything this large.

D

·
0 Posts
thats horrible.. 98*F is friggin like 36*C.. thats damn hot, especailly for france.. will all the hiuge forest fires there is waht is probably causing those freak temperates.. and the lack of water maybe...

·
Registered
230 Posts
spyderman5 said:
haha on the way to south dakota we got stuck in chicago and my dad was like "wow chicago is the a$$hole of the world" and on the subject of the thread poor french ppl

Um no NY is definately the bunghole of the world I have been there and all you smell is urine and puke and the people are rude. and dont even ask them a question or they get real hostile.new yorkers thing that new york is the capitol of the world the women in new york are for the most part ugly and they live all crowded together like rodents.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Danzig6 said:
Um no NY is definately the bunghole of the world I have been there and all you smell is urine and puke and the people are rude. and dont even ask them a question or they get real hostile.new yorkers thing that new york is the capitol of the world the women in new york are for the most part ugly and they live all crowded together like rodents.
NYC, maybe, but that is the stereotype of NY, I guess.... I've only been to Buffalo (and I live in Rochester), and everyone here is nice. And it doesn't smell like urine or puke! :D It's a good place up here.

And I feel bad for the French people...I mean, wow, 3000+ all because of the heat? That is crazy! Think about it, if you lived in France you would have to know AT LEAST one person who died....Well, you probably would. 3000 is a lot. But 98F doesn't seem to hot. It's been 98 around here before. I mean, it's hot, but like someone else said, just stay hydrated. And it could be because of the wine.

~Jinjiro

·
Registered
85 Posts
Weasel-03 said:
Think of the American soldiers in the middles east, or anyone there for that matter. The soldiers are sitting in tanks with 4 other hot sweety guys in heavey kevlar and helmets, where it already is 105-110+.
actually I know a couple guys over there and theyre telling me that its been 135-140 all week:yikes

edit: I dont know what to believe about the claim of 3000 deaths. Two days ago it was 100. So how can 2900 people die in 2 days?

Spain records 42 heat related deaths.

wtf are these french people doing?

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
You guys fail to realise that most or many of these deaths are old folks or singles going to sleep and not being woken up in time to hydrate themselves. These aren't soldiers.

Also, people who live or are stationed in harsher climates can acclimatize to the environment, but when you're living in frigid ****in' france, and suddenly it's about 100 degrees outside, you're not exactly prepaired to cope with the sudden heat wave.

Uhm, also, if you lived in France, why the hell would you invest in air conditioning?

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
ok, detroit is the most disgusting city in the us btw. i am pretty sure it was 3000 eels that dies in the heat wave, or was that in england? i am pretty sure it was england. france does have parts where it is somewhat hard to get water. in a constant heat wave like that, i an see how that many heat strokedeaths r possible. its pretty sad, all they really needed to do was stay hydrated and make sure they kept out of the heat (heat stroke is caused when u have so much sweat on ur body that it can't evaporate, causing the heat in ur body to not be released, thus cooking ur brain and internals in a way.) its kinda like a radiator overheating

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you guys hear that Fireworks are now illegal in France?
Well the are.
Apparently when ever someone would light off fireworks the entire French Military would surrender.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts