Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle bought a 1932 Model B 5-window coupe for $350 back in the 60's, he drove it for a while until he went into the military. Originally it had a merc V8 flathead, which my grandfather threw away when he went into the military (imagine what that engine is worth today). So, after that it sat up in his garage until 2001 when he finally decided he wanted to get it restored. So, now it is 2003 and just needs the final sanding/painting and interior and it will be done. Here are some pics:

First before the primer:

Attachments

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Finally the new engine: It is a 327ci motor with duel Holley 4's on a ported and polished Edelbrock manifold with over 13:1 compression pistons. It makes about 400hp and 400lb-ft tq, in a car that weighs around 2,000lbs imagine what it will do. (Take the lotus elise and double its power to give you an idea.)

Attachments

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based on other roadsters similer to this one in power and being full fendered we are thinking sub 4.5 second 0-60 and a sub 12 second quarter mile with the 4-spd, however my uncle decided to put a 4-spd automatic in it since he plans on driving it often so your looking more at sub 12.5 and sub 4.9. Won't know exactly until we run it.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
very very nice. teacher of mine's husband has a 37 coupe. very nice show car.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
sad thing is, most people with cars like that don't even DRIVE them. I hope your uncle will drive it like it should be driven. I don't believe cars should be made to just sit there and look pretty

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He said he is planning on driving it a lot (which is why he put an auto-trans in it), then again his Viper only has 4,000 miles on it and it is a 1994, so I don't know what he means by "a lot". He did however say I will be the third to drive it (his wife gets second). :D

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
zpyro said:
sad thing is, most people with cars like that don't even DRIVE them. I hope your uncle will drive it like it should be driven. I don't believe cars should be made to just sit there and look pretty

Very well put. I bet that thing would turn some heads.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It should be the only one of its kind when it is done. Original model B 5-windows arn't very common at all, ones with the original full fenders and hood are even less common, and ones with a 327 are down-right rare (most have a 350). Throw in the two-tone brandywine body/black fenders there isn't another one out there like it that we know of.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
^ yup. very sweet car. still havin the flat head would be nice, but that 327 kills the flathead power wise.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My grandfather sold that engine for $10 to the junk yard back in the 60's, now that engine is probibly worth atleast $5,000 =(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts