Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i am saving up for an autococker because i got to use a mech. cocker(i believe it was a psychoballistics one) and was hooked. i love the complexity of them:) anyways, i am saving up to get one and i figured out ill have around $550 to spend at the end of july. well, i only have co2 tanks now so i will need to get them antisiphoned. here are my choices:

-ccm series 5 cocker... my only concern is how well the reg. handles co2

-wgp outkast... i like this one a lot, and i believe the stock reg handles co2 fairly well

-wgp 03 or 04 vert feed... a bit subpar compared to the other 2 guns previously mentioned, but i think i could pick one up for $300-350 and use the left over money to get a HPA tank.

-build my own from scratch... been totaling parts prices using ebay stores and things that have a buy it now icon(i hate being outbid) but i havent come up under $600. making sure i get ABSOLUTELY everything i need, any ideas for a full setup that i could build myself?

alright, those are the options im looking at now. i have a few general cocker questions also:

-what is the efficiency of a cocker? IE how many shots with a 68/4500, 88/4500, or 20oz co2 tank? would i be able to get a full case of paint shot through an 88ci tank with a stock 03/04 vert feed?

-can you suction time pretty much any cocker? or does that depend on the pnuematics and whatnot?

-with a $550 limit, what would YOU yourself get? i want to have as many options open as possible, but dont know where to start so i need some other ideas.

also, i have a 98custom now so i have most of the tools and oil and whatnot. i think i just need a valve tool, pnuematic lube, and maybe a few more things and ill be set.

·
Registered
757 Posts
03/04 and hpa tank and ups.. a new 03 can be had for 260 bucks if you like red or green

an 03 with $300 of ups can be better than an outkast

·
Registered
65 Posts
^ Get an '03 and upgrade. (Barrel, pnues,HPA,reg,ect.) Also, the efficiency(sp?) is very good. I shot through about one and a half cases with my 90/4500 and still have more left in my tank. If you get it set good, dont touch it. Cockers are sensitive.

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
series 5 owns u negro...... nothing needs to be upgraded. then a n2 tank and ur set till u decide to get an eblade

·
Registered
388 Posts
Originally Posted by No0bIe_PaIntBal
series 5 owns u negro...... nothing needs to be upgraded. then a n2 tank and ur set till u decide to get an eblade
thumup:all true except for the negro part.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Yeah CCM all the way, get a good 4500 tank like the Worrgas, Crossfire, so on.

·
Registered
549 Posts
CCM Series 5. I think it is a vary nice gun to find a place to buy from check out there dealers page. Got mine from "Bunker Boyz" they were really nice and helped me get my gun real fast. Then I had some questions and called James up about them he helped a lot. At the time they where the cheapest place to get a CCM now I dont know.

http://www.chipleymachine.com/dealers.html

Kyle

·
Registered
127 Posts
personally, I dont like the colors the orracle comes in too too much, so the series 5 might b better, but its kind of a preferance. just throwing in the option

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
orracle's pneu. are a lil better but the ccm frame is better so its basically even

·
Registered
487 Posts
ccm is 500 he has 550 so

get a used cocker
sense cockers have no resale value at all you can get a good one for cheap

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey, im taking the guy's advise on getting a used cocker and i found a sweet deal.

its an '02 right feed(bleh, i can get a vert feed body later on)
has a shocktech the bomb 3 way
wgp sto ram
eclipse blade(not eblade) trigger
a barrel kit(forget the name, its a .689 back and a 10, 12, and 14" fronts
a delrin bolt(forget which one)
and i forget which front reg it has

its a great deal($200) so im gonna take it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts