Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of advantages of getting a smaller tank? I got a 65/4500 for my pm6 but was thinking about getting the 45ci just to see if I like it better. Are there any cons besides more fills?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
you just run the risk of running out of air faster, especially since a spooler is a long way from "efficient".

Smaller tanks are nice if you can get 4500 fills consistently. It's odd though....people have started using shorter and shorter tanks, et still bag on short drop forwards....when they do the same thing.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Peanut plus a drop is tiny. That's shorter than even an old school guy like me would put up with for the most part LOL.

To me, a 45, a peanut 70, or a 68 wiht a myth reg, is a great size.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Do you need an adjustable for some reason? If you do the centerflags are nice. the CP 68's with the myth regs on them weigh NOTHING, and are badass.

I have an old carleton SP branded tank with one on it and it's nice :D

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Honestly, with an HP tank, your not going to be shooting fast enough to GET shootdown. Your reg needs about a 200psi difference in pressure, that would mean 300-psi of shootdown for most guns. I mean if your pushing the absolute performance edge it makes a difference, but a tank is VERY rarely the shootdown culprit.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
It all comes down to personal preference. I use a 68 just because I have longer arms and it puts my marker right where I want it. If you intend on keeping the proto, I would definately keep the 68, as it was said before, spoolers are not that efficient (hella good markers otherwise though)

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Yea, I use a pump for woodsball, hence me only needing my tank for speedball. My quest is only for tourny's and practice and stuff like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts