Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I ordered a cheapy starter box of 1000 spyder black label brand paintballs a week or 2 ago, for 20$. I thought it was a good deal, and noone has tried them out. Then I try to load them into my jt tac 5, it wont fit down the barrel! I can't find any specific info on the gun or the paintballs specific caliber. Any help? I don't know if I have to buy special paintballs to fit, or I got a bad batch.
Heres the link to the paintballs.
Sports Authority - Kingman Spyder Black Label Paintballs

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
they are likely a large bore paintball. Maybe .690 or .691. You can buy a gauge to find the size of your paint quickly, they're not to expensive from what I've seen. You're probably having issues as your barrl is a .689 or such bore.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
truth to the above.

Not all paintballs and barrels are made the same, size varies, so your best bet is to either get paint that you know will always me smaller, or possibly a barrel kit.

The Evil Pipe and Empire Revolver Kit's are fairly cheap and give you multiple bores.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I use the 12 inch barrel that came with my jt tac 5. Infact, I got one jammed in there earlier and had to ram it out, ended up breaking it. :rolleyes:

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Meh, stock barrels aren't usually too good.

There are exceptions, but the Tac-5 is not one of them.

Get a Spyder threaded J&J ceramic and be happy :)

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
yeah, eh's having problems with the barrel being too small I think.

it happens in paintball. paintballs that are cheap tend to be strange sizes. This is why they made different bore sized barels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts