Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to this whole thing but i just came across a tippmann 68 special with no hopper would like to get info on this gun : onox

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
oh it's not the revolver:(

anyhow it's built like any other tippman. I have a 68 carbine and that's just like the 98, just older. I don't doubt that yours is older than mine simply by the looks of it.

I'm slightly jealous though, that yours has clips for a sling and mine does not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you tell the differince between revalver and what ever else ps can i still get parts 4 it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a hopper o-ring kit air tank the basic stuff noten special o and a diagram on it there are some things on it that i don't understand that i would like to find out how they work

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
here's some interesting stuff about it i found.

Tippmann 68 Special | Paintball Review | pbreview.com

you dont' need to get a special hopper or tank fot it, though the o-rings may be tricky. I would asssume that a 98c's orings work work, i bet you can find a rebuild kit for those pretty easily.
You can also find tippman diagrams pretty easily, search around on google for a few min and i bet you'll find them. I have to go to work or i'd try to help you find them as well.

As for an operating diagram, here's a site that shows how must markers work...oh crap i forgot i got a new computer and don't have it saved anymore:( We should have a sticky in either paintball chat or new player sections with operating diagrams in it.

EDIT:
it appears as if the 68 special requires a siphon tube in the co2 tank, this means it's going to be sucking straight liquid co2 because of the massive pressure that it needs to operate. Go to a paintball place, ask them to install a anti-siphon tube upside down; they'll look at you funny, but that's what you need. DO NOT use that tank on anything but this marker.
YouTube - Tippmann 68 special speed test
Tippmann 68 special fixer-upper - mcarterbrown.com

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
I actually own one. if you want to see mine look at the link in my sig for my 98 custom. as for upgrades theres really nothing you can do. I have a few extra parts that came with mine, and I even have the original direction book. the feedneck is too skinny to accept a normal hopper so you will need to find a hopper adapter. luckily, I got mine with the gun so I didnt need to search for one.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
lol, 68 special/.38 special.....almost, but not quite (even though they both have about as much stopping power, and if you disagree, look at the ballistics on .38 spc compared to other comparable rounds.)

you'll like the .68. theyre loud as hell and fun to show at your local pb field.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts